Why do people get so butthurt??

#1Miami Hurricanes1Posted 11/9/2013 3:15:44 PM
It's a video game system...who honestly cares
#2Shik_stickPosted 11/9/2013 3:20:03 PM
Miami Hurricanes1 posted...

Consumers. Gamers. People who actually gives a damn what happens to the industry, seeing as how this is how we choose to spend our time and money.
---
E3 2012 Best Games- Assassin's Creed 3, Watch Dogs, The Last of us, SplinterCell:BlackList, Tomb Raider-nObama2012
#3SirLemontPosted 11/9/2013 3:23:17 PM
It's your money. You should care.
#4MajorPoopStormPosted 11/9/2013 3:25:26 PM
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/37517125.jpg
---
"You're talking to my PS4 console all wrong... It's the wrong tone. You do it again and I'll stab you in the face with your kinect."
Kazuo Hirai
#5bossk5Posted 11/9/2013 3:28:02 PM

People care far more about aggravating fans of the systems than the systems themselves. Imagine a world where these people acted the way they do over the Internet.... out in the " flesh world".
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#6Ironman06Posted 11/9/2013 3:31:45 PM
They're called hemorrhoids... cream is expensive.
#7Mindwipe77Posted 11/9/2013 3:39:32 PM
because majority of the ppl here are teen/young adult and still immature, why else would someone get upset over a game console?
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#8chrish909Posted 11/9/2013 4:18:10 PM
Shik_stick posted...

Consumers. Gamers. People who actually gives a damn what happens to the industry, seeing as how this is how we choose to spend our time and money.

Lmao clearly this guy cares. Imo people take this message board forum thing too seriously, the trolls think by constantly bashing x1 they are accomplishing something, its so starnge how they dont get tired of it and go away.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#9ArchBladeZEROPosted 11/9/2013 5:38:29 PM
People are butthurt because microsoft crossed a line.

Xbox, Xbox 360... they were great systems, and they were great because they saw what the consumer wanted and they provided for it. And as a result, people were happy, the gaming industry thrived more because of it, and it gave us some much needed diversification to our gaming options.

But... with the XboxOne, some kind of changed happened. I dont know if it was in the higher-ups, or if they just got too cocky, but they decided that they would change how their system would operate to the point where it severely limited what the consumer could do. Even to the point where they tried to tell us what we could and could not do with the games that we purchase.

There were other problems, like with the mandatory Kinect, the 24 hour online check in... all coming down to the simple point where they were limiting us and what we could do. And they had the audacity to celebrate it and act like it was some new innovation in gaming and that it somehow was better for us, they went from listening to the consumer and giving us a better gaming experience, to limiting our gaming experience and telling us that it was what we wanted.

That kind of attitude and blind thinking is toxic for any kind of business, especially in entertainment, If companies do this kind of thing and think that they can get away with it, and we will just be mindless sheep and accept it, it starts a horrible slippery slope of them doing whatever the hell they want and the people will just smile and take it no matter what.

The butthurt you see today is the consumer reminding microsoft that we will not tolerate that kind of behavior, that we are informed consumers and we will stand up for what is right for us as a gaming community and what is right for our hobby and passion.

I understand that some of you dont feel the same, some of you just dont think its a big deal or disagree with some of the issues here. But you need to understand that this issue is much bigger than just a simple decision about backwards compatibility or graphics, or any of the normal run of the mill console war details... Some of us think that what almost happened was a wake up call to what we need to be vigilant for to keep our gaming future alive.
---
-The Nameless One (aka Chuck)
#10billsfanno1Posted 11/9/2013 5:47:33 PM
ArchBladeZERO posted...
People are butthurt because microsoft crossed a line.

Xbox, Xbox 360... they were great systems, and they were great because they saw what the consumer wanted and they provided for it. And as a result, people were happy, the gaming industry thrived more because of it, and it gave us some much needed diversification to our gaming options.

But... with the XboxOne, some kind of changed happened. I dont know if it was in the higher-ups, or if they just got too cocky, but they decided that they would change how their system would operate to the point where it severely limited what the consumer could do. Even to the point where they tried to tell us what we could and could not do with the games that we purchase.

There were other problems, like with the mandatory Kinect, the 24 hour online check in... all coming down to the simple point where they were limiting us and what we could do. And they had the audacity to celebrate it and act like it was some new innovation in gaming and that it somehow was better for us, they went from listening to the consumer and giving us a better gaming experience, to limiting our gaming experience and telling us that it was what we wanted.

That kind of attitude and blind thinking is toxic for any kind of business, especially in entertainment, If companies do this kind of thing and think that they can get away with it, and we will just be mindless sheep and accept it, it starts a horrible slippery slope of them doing whatever the hell they want and the people will just smile and take it no matter what.

The butthurt you see today is the consumer reminding microsoft that we will not tolerate that kind of behavior, that we are informed consumers and we will stand up for what is right for us as a gaming community and what is right for our hobby and passion.

I understand that some of you dont feel the same, some of you just dont think its a big deal or disagree with some of the issues here. But you need to understand that this issue is much bigger than just a simple decision about backwards compatibility or graphics, or any of the normal run of the mill console war details... Some of us think that what almost happened was a wake up call to what we need to be vigilant for to keep our gaming future alive.

Recite this speech on a busy street corner and see if anyone gives a damn. Maybe it will help put things in perspective.