Xbox One Kinect Voice Detection Didn't Work Perfectly At Recent Event.

#1Laylow12Posted 11/9/2013 8:22:36 PM
Xbox One Kinect Voice Detection Didn't Work Perfectly At Recent Event, Commands Required Repetition - Results (91 votes)
Kinect is clearly a tool for Microsoft's profit and I can change my own tv channel.
78.02% (71 votes)
Kinect is a great peripheral despite the bugs and I enjoy using voice commands to change my channels.
21.98% (20 votes)
This poll is now closed.
http://www.gamepur.com/news/12697-xbox-one-kinect-voice-detection-didnt-work-perfectly-recent-event-commands-.html

Do you believe that kinect is really a benefit for the user or more for potential profit for Microsoft and they're crafting strategies to try and make it appealing to the consumer?

If the professional people they used in the demonstration couldn't get it to work properly in a carefully crafted setting, then what are the odds it'll work in a living room with the speakers blaring and surround sound going? I believe earlier statements made by Microsoft's own executives when they said kinect is a tool created for advertising with little end user benefits.

Please expand on your choice and what impresses you or bothers you the most about this controversial peripheral.

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#2LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/9/2013 8:29:57 PM
It is apparent that it's primary goal was for focused ads. Everything else was an after thought. Why do you think there are only a total of FIVE games coming out for it till the end of 2014?

Your flagship device you rimmed down everyone's mouth has no damn games?! Lol
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#3MOATS7798Posted 11/9/2013 8:38:39 PM
Just for the choices you give in your poll is enough for me to say you are stupid and should get off Sonys $&@" I bet if the Eye was any good you guys would be all about it...sadly it's not, it didn't sell, and it's no wonder they didn't include it with the PS4 like they had planned...
#4MOATS7798Posted 11/9/2013 8:40:44 PM
Idiots spend more time on here worried about Xbox because they have no great games on PS4 to talk about...

Where are those topics at??? I don't see them...Killzone?? Lol...
#5grampamurkedPosted 11/9/2013 8:56:32 PM
What an incredibly dumb poll.
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#6MasteroftheArtsPosted 11/10/2013 3:38:04 AM
Alright. So let's take a look at the website in question.

These are the most recent Xbox One news stories.

Xbox One Console BAN Message From Microsoft Looks Like This
Xbox One Kinect Voice Detection Didn't Work Perfectly At Recent Event, Commands Required Repetition
Xbox One Dev Issue Clarification On BANNING Of Moonlightswami's Xbox One Console
Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Gets Massive 200 MB Patch, Changelog Still Awaited (I like this one because it actually has nothing to do with Xbox One lol)
Xbox One Info Blowout By Early Owner Moonlightswami: New Details, In-Game Image, UI Screens And More
Early Xbox One Owner Receive Ban From Microsoft, Although Fault Was of Target Store
Xbox One Audio And Video Options Revealed, No Support For 1080i Resolution
Xbox One: Games Can Only Be In Standby Mode for 20 Minutes confirms Early Xbox One Owner
Microsoft Exec Comment On "Xbox One Less Powerful Than PS4" Claim
Xbox One Takes 17 Secs To Get To Dashboard, Day One Patch Takes 2 Mins To Download And More

Here's the most recent PS4 news stories.

Playstation 4 Arrives Early For Instagram User, says "UI Footage Coming Tomorrow"
PS4 Demo Unit At Target: Leaderboards Show Kratos, Joel, Nathan Drake As Friends
Xbox One Games Already Being Played: "112 Player Playing Killer Instinct, 36 Forza 5 And More" (again, nothing to do with PS4)
Infamous Second Son: Real Life vs In-Game Location Comparison Screen Show Hardly Any Differences
PS4 Box Is Roughly Four And A Half Quarters Wide, Walmart Unveils Exact Size
GameStop List "12 Month Xbox Live Membership Card" As Requirement For Perfect PS4 Launch Day
PS4 Exclusive Resogun Gets Two New Footage, Showcase Concept Art And More
PS4's DualShock 4 Stick Problem Reported, Is It A WideSpread Issue?
Sony's Message To Gamers: PS4 Is For All Type Of Players "Veterans, Trophy Collectors And More"

So 6 negative stories for the Xbox One and 1 negative story for PS4. Gotta love that objectivity.

Oh, can't forget the fact that the stories are all written by the same PS4 fanboy; a guy named Alex. Nothing like grammar errors, too.

"Just a handful of days is left for the launch of Xbox One and incidents like this won't going to help Microsoft."

This is not the only thing that has been confirmed by this user, earlier today he also following new details about Xbox One:

Microsoft Studios Vice President Phil Spencer has finally commented on one of the most hot topic on next-gen console war, "Xbox One Less Powerful Than PS4"?.

Someone set us up the bomb to you too...

Also, this is from one of the other articles:

Kinect voice commands are very responsive. Had to repeat them only when they were uttered too quietly or there was too much noise.

So either this article is complete fiction, or the guy who got a console early isn't being honest. Likely the former because the site is virtually a parody website.

Didn't answer the poll because it's stupid.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#7GuitaristMattPosted 11/10/2013 3:44:47 AM
It's supposed to learn your voice though.
---
Question about the PS4? Check here vvv
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691087-playstation-4/67619422
#8SoulTrapperPosted 11/10/2013 3:47:10 AM
This just proves how the demo video was edited together and all mistakes and errors cut out.

Kinect 1.0 didn't work as it should have, neither will kinect 2.0.
#9SoulTrapperPosted 11/10/2013 9:15:32 AM
GuitaristMatt posted...
It's supposed to learn your voice though.

Sure, but shouldn't it already know Penello's voice when they want to demo it?

10 misses (and multiple repeats) out of 45 is pretty severe.
#10Laylow12(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 11:14:52 AM
MasteroftheArts posted...
Alright. So let's take a look at the website in question.

These are the most recent Xbox One news stories.

Xbox One Console BAN Message From Microsoft Looks Like This
Xbox One Kinect Voice Detection Didn't Work Perfectly At Recent Event, Commands Required Repetition
Xbox One Dev Issue Clarification On BANNING Of Moonlightswami's Xbox One Console
Call of Duty: Ghosts PC Gets Massive 200 MB Patch, Changelog Still Awaited (I like this one because it actually has nothing to do with Xbox One lol)
Xbox One Info Blowout By Early Owner Moonlightswami: New Details, In-Game Image, UI Screens And More
Early Xbox One Owner Receive Ban From Microsoft, Although Fault Was of Target Store
Xbox One Audio And Video Options Revealed, No Support For 1080i Resolution
Xbox One: Games Can Only Be In Standby Mode for 20 Minutes confirms Early Xbox One Owner
Xbox One Takes 17 Secs To Get To Dashboard, Day One Patch Takes 2 Mins To Download And More

Here's the most recent PS4 news stories.

Playstation 4 Arrives Early For Instagram User, says "UI Footage Coming Tomorrow"
PS4 Demo Unit At Target: Leaderboards Show Kratos, Joel, Nathan Drake As Friends
Xbox One Games Already Being Played: "112 Player Playing Killer Instinct, 36 Forza 5 And More" (again, nothing to do with PS4)
Infamous Second Son: Real Life vs In-Game Location Comparison Screen Show Hardly Any Differences
PS4 Box Is Roughly Four And A Half Quarters Wide, Walmart Unveils Exact Size
GameStop List "12 Month Xbox Live Membership Card" As Requirement For Perfect PS4 Launch Day
PS4 Exclusive Resogun Gets Two New Footage, Showcase Concept Art And More
PS4's DualShock 4 Stick Problem Reported, Is It A WideSpread Issue?
Sony's Message To Gamers: PS4 Is For All Type Of Players "Veterans, Trophy Collectors And More"

So 6 negative stories for the Xbox One and 1 negative story for PS4. Gotta love that objectivity.

Oh, can't forget the fact that the stories are all written by the same PS4 fanboy; a guy named Alex. Nothing like grammar errors, too.

"Just a handful of days is left for the launch of Xbox One and incidents like this won't going to help Microsoft."

This is not the only thing that has been confirmed by this user, earlier today he also following new details about Xbox One:

Microsoft Studios Vice President Phil Spencer has finally commented on one of the most hot topic on next-gen console war, "Xbox One Less Powerful Than PS4"?.

Someone set us up the bomb to you too...

Also, this is from one of the other articles:

Kinect voice commands are very responsive. Had to repeat them only when they were uttered too quietly or there was too much noise.

So either this article is complete fiction, or the guy who got a console early isn't being honest. Likely the former because the site is virtually a parody website.

Didn't answer the poll because it's stupid.

The article is true, would you like links to more sources? You know what's funny? Maybe, just maybe, the article is true!!! Shocking that anything could be wrong with KINECT after the last version was so good, right??

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin