Do you think they'll sell the X One without the Kinect later on ?

#1VasDeferensPosted 11/10/2013 1:08:56 AM
Or is the Kinect tied in to the console to the point that you have to have it too ? I like it the way it is now, where you can buy just the 360 and Kinect is optional .
#2badmanneilPosted 11/10/2013 1:12:10 AM
No.
---
Gamertag: Krazzy Bananas
#3DeadLock25Posted 11/10/2013 1:13:22 AM
When you say tied to it, are you asking if there is some technical limitation preventing the X1 from functioning without it? (this is what people who claim MS "lied" about kinect requirement seem to imply)

The answer is no. There is no physical or technical reason why Kinect is necessary other than MS chooses to make it that way. Obviously you can disconnect it, but according to MS the "Kinect is part of the Xbox experience" and thus is more than likely here to stay. I do not think we will ever see the console without the Kinect even later on.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#4suerobcoxnetPosted 11/10/2013 1:14:05 AM
Read a few months back that it'll NEVER sell without a Kinect. And I personally agree with this strategy. Good Kinect games were rarely made for 360 because not enough people had them to make a good profit. Now EVERYONE will have one, which I'm hoping will better Kinect games going forward.

Don't use my Kinect too much, but I'm open minded.

I don't have a link, I'm sure someone will post one.
---
4 8 15 16 23 42
Twitter: MRX93 3DS FC: 2148-8204-5935
#5ado982LPosted 11/10/2013 1:20:13 AM
Definitely not, it would be like admitting the Kinect is a pile of dog poo

(I don't understand the spellchecker, is it from this web page, or your own PC?)
#6Cowboy082288Posted 11/10/2013 1:20:51 AM
MS could but I find it very unlikely. There would have to be something really disastrous for them to make that move. Say after 6 months they have only sold 1 million units. Then they might do this.

Other than that, no the kinect is fundamentally tied to their vision for this product.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#7YeomanlyPosted 11/10/2013 1:25:29 AM
I'd say never, that OS and Skype are massive selling points for the system.

Even with no Kinect games, the system works around Kinect.
#8G1243Posted 11/10/2013 1:59:10 AM
suerobcoxnet posted...
Read a few months back that it'll NEVER sell without a Kinect.

Come on man, do you really believe them when they say that?

That's like asking them, "Is there a price drop coming soon?"

Obviously they will reply 'no' to that question, and for the Kinect question. What are they gonna say, 'Yes we will be having a Kinect-less option soon, so wait for that and save $100 for it.'

The Wii U CEO, Satoru Iwata was asked if they Wii U would drop in price and he said 'no'. Then a few weeks later, the Wii U dropped in price. They'll say 'no' until it actually happens.

The PS4 is not going to drop in price anytime soon, because $400 is already competitive. I expect this price to remain the same for at least 2 years. Where as the Xbox One is at a very premium price of $500, and if they absolutely HAD to do something to move units to compete with the PS4, they have the option of removing the Kinect and selling it $100 less.
---
Either God can do nothing to stop catastrophes like this, or he doesnt care to, or he doesnt exist. God is either impotent, evil, or imaginary.
#9Deja Blue 03Posted 11/10/2013 2:07:13 AM
Nope. And there's no reason to.
---
I love Owen Wilson. When he tried to commit suicide, I went on a hunger strike. -PresidentSears
#10ChargrilledPosted 11/10/2013 2:42:26 AM
badmanneil posted...
No.

---
GT : DeadJericho/PSN : Focalpoint/WiiU : FocalpointUK
Correct terminology is 'Could NOT care less'. Learn English!