Do you think they'll sell the X One without the Kinect later on ?

#11_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/10/2013 3:40:15 AM
Yes, kinect isn't required for the system to function. I say holiday season next year
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
FC: 0834-1795-7959
#12_Elite_Bushido_Posted 11/10/2013 3:40:30 AM
Yes, kinect isn't required for the system to function. I say holiday season next year
---
$ony Ponie$ and trolls- http://tinyurl.com/lalpn7d
FC: 0834-1795-7959
#13SoulTrapperPosted 11/10/2013 3:50:04 AM
Yes.

They're attempting to get the kinect into as many homes as possible at this point, for their data gathering and targeted advertising.

If and when (and it's bound to happen) they notice the xbox isn't selling as much as they hoped, they'll need some way of lowering it's price.
Dropping the kinect is the easiest way of doing so.
#14pigman2003Posted 11/10/2013 4:03:03 AM
Microsoft has backed off many things but if they were going to back off the Kinect they would have already, they've probably invested Millions of dollars into the new Kinect and integrated heavily into the Xbox One.

The Kinect is one of those things most people aren't going to like until they try it.
#15CaIiber345Posted 11/10/2013 4:17:49 AM
Deja Blue 03 posted...
Nope. And there's no reason to.

Sure is.

Up until the May reveal of Xbox One, I was ready to stick with the Xbox brand. I love my 360 and while PS3 ended up offering some unique and great exclusives that I've always wanted to play, Microsoft delivered a solid gaming experience with 360. Then the reveal happened and it was apparent that Microsoft lost their minds.

A few weeks later they ditched all of the crap that turned me off right away. But one sticking point remains: Kinect. If they offered Xbox One for $400 without Kinect, I'd be buying a Xbox One on its launch day instead of the PS4 I'm going to buy. And there are a staggering number of gamers that feel the same way.

It's not about spying for me, either. I hate the Kinect; sure, it looks like a cool piece of novelty tech if they deliver on what it's alleged to be capable of. But I already tried Kinect this generation, and nothing about it appeals to me and a lot of other gamers. If you cannot realize that the core of dissent is from Microsoft's very Xbox 360 fanbase, then you really don't understand what is going on here.
---
"Nothing gets her hot like seeing you do 5G barrel rolls until you nearly black out." -Elitas Travel
Official Walking Champion, GTAO Xbox 360 Board