Could street fighter be sony's exclusive to answer MS's Killer instinct?

#61Dev445Posted 11/10/2013 11:48:28 AM
Enclave posted...
Dev445 posted...
Yeah but SF is too big to make it exclusive. They would be losing a lot of fans. SF is like the COD of Fighters. It would be like making COD exclusive to Xbox which will never happen. I mean I guess its possible but not likely. Sony would have to pay an arm and a leg for it though.

Like I said, ordinarily you would be right. However with Capcoms money troubles that kinda throws your logic out. If Capcom has the choice of either not making a next gen Street Fighter at all or having Sony pay for the game and thus making it exclusive to their console? It makes financial sense to make it for the PS4.

Also, it wouldn't cost them a lot of fans, I don't know where you get that idea from. Did Squaresoft lose a lot of fans because they made Final Fantasy VII for the PSX?

I see what your saying and I do agree a little bit, I just don't see it happening is what I'm saying. SF is to big to lock it to one console imo.

Fans were mad when Bayonetta 2 got locked to the WiiU. Which is understandable because they funded it and everything. Imagine the outcry if SF got locked to just PS4.
---
"You all say you want to be human, but why would you want to become something so flawed" - Edward Elric - FullMetal Alchemist
#62rvnenderPosted 11/10/2013 1:18:09 PM
Hvv0l24n9 posted...
rvnender posted...
Capcom is working on an update to SF4. I doubt they would be working on an update to SF4 while working on a new SF game.

My guess is its either SF4 on PS4, or an older SF game being ported over. Sony does have some exclusive SF games on their market already (Alpha series). So it wouldnt be surprising if they did it again.

I had Alpha 3 on my GBA and Dreamcast.

Not being an a**hole with that statement to prove a point, I'm dead serious. I don't think PS has any exclusive SF series, though I haven't seen EX on anything else. I have never played one, and don't remember them coming out. Yes I'm a 90's child.

"Exclusive" was the wrong word to use. But those games never appeared on the 360, just on PSN.
---
"Not everybody has tube TVs without input lag. Tube TVs now banned online" -Maverick_McCain in reply to why turbo is frowned upon
#63knightimex(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 4:22:33 PM
ExampliaGratia posted...
TannerCKG posted...
Theres Soul Calibur, Tekken, Smash Bros., Dead or Alive, and Street Fighter all about 10 tiers above what the new Killer Instinct is as a fighter. I don't think anyone is going to answer to the new KI...unless....Bloody Roar?

Smash bros? Lol not a fighter. Doa? Lmao. Brainless. ( I can have silly opinions too)I'm assuming you've played K.I 3 in order to judge right?

You would get owned so hard in smash it won't even be funny.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#64BansDontWorkPosted 11/10/2013 4:28:14 PM
No, SF has been done to death and only fools carry on buying it. KI is having its SF:IV moment and will be much fresher of the two.
---
I feast on that control method you call Karma.
#65ExempliGratiaPosted 11/10/2013 4:48:15 PM
knightimex posted...
ExampliaGratia posted...
TannerCKG posted...
Theres Soul Calibur, Tekken, Smash Bros., Dead or Alive, and Street Fighter all about 10 tiers above what the new Killer Instinct is as a fighter. I don't think anyone is going to answer to the new KI...unless....Bloody Roar?

Smash bros? Lol not a fighter. Doa? Lmao. Brainless. ( I can have silly opinions too)I'm assuming you've played K.I 3 in order to judge right?

You would get owned so hard in smash it won't even be funny.

Wait does that make it any more of a fighter...? Nope it doesn't.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#66AzaneAzerPosted 11/10/2013 5:02:13 PM
Jago vs Jago the game.
#67ChaosMajinPosted 11/10/2013 5:25:56 PM
It's just Sony trying to compete KI with older gen games since they didn't have a launch fighter. I think people who bash KI don't have any knowledge about the game. They just say the same exact thing over, like its only 720p, not a real fighting game or its not a real KI game. I've been following each KI build since E3 and they put a lot of new mechanics that where not in the older games. Double Helix has done an outstanding job for a short development cycle. Only downside is, it will have some missing content at launch until Fulgore is released which makes sense. The only ps4 game i'm waiting for is Guilty Gear Xrd, but that wont get released for a long while
---
X1 games i'm hyped for are: Killer Instinct, Project Spark, MGS5, KH3, FF15, Dead Rising 3, Minecraft X1 Edition and The Elder Scrolls Online.
#68ChaosMajinPosted 11/10/2013 5:30:08 PM
AzaneAzer posted...
Jago vs Jago the game.

Rotating characters confirmed in F2P version. You can also buy the base game for $20 with all 8 characters. Maybe you should do some research next time.
---
X1 games i'm hyped for are: Killer Instinct, Project Spark, MGS5, KH3, FF15, Dead Rising 3, Minecraft X1 Edition and The Elder Scrolls Online.
#69KolanifvPosted 11/10/2013 5:36:58 PM
ChaosMajin posted...
It's just Sony trying to compete KI with older gen games since they didn't have a launch fighter. I think people who bash KI don't have any knowledge about the game. They just say the same exact thing over, like its only 720p, not a real fighting game or its not a real KI game. I've been following each KI build since E3 and they put a lot of new mechanics that where not in the older games. Double Helix has done an outstanding job for a short development cycle. Only downside is, it will have some missing content at launch until Fulgore is released which makes sense. The only ps4 game i'm waiting for is Guilty Gear Xrd, but that wont get released for a long while

Injustice Game of the Year edition is day 1 for PS4, and won't be on One.
#70ChaosMajinPosted 11/10/2013 5:45:00 PM
Kolanifv posted...
ChaosMajin posted...

Injustice Game of the Year edition is day 1 for PS4, and won't be on One.

I know and don't care, KI is a whole new fighter to experience. I don't want to replay and unlock everything all over again on a new system if i can just keep my old one. The last KI game i played was KI:Gold and that was years ago. Street Fighter and Killer Instinct on Snes where my first and favorite fighters when i was a kid.
---