Article: Microsoft's Moneyhatting Exclusives

#31zephirrainesPosted 11/10/2013 11:51:47 AM
jasten posted...
zephirraines posted...
But when Sony does the same thing for games like Deep Down its okay?

Get a grip ponies. In the real world do you complain that one tacobell only has coke and no pepsi? Its competition and as a consumer i am happy that MS has the money and motivation to spend money to fight for my money.

Food for thought:

360 has more exclusives than the ps4 and their exclusives sell better, without counting indies. Dance Central outsold infamous.

Counting indies the xbox has over 3000 exclusives. I worry more about Sony being unable to afford to moneyhat anything.

Just look at the 360... had some great exclusives for the first half of its life then lost a great deal of them to multi status. That is where the problem with moneyhatting lies... it isn't sustainable and, as seen, it ends up meaning nothing when many games end up making the jump anyway.

Sony does it sometimes, but nowhere near the level that MS has done it lately.

So you admit that indie games don't count then correct? Cause you are ignoring all the indie and arcade games that came out on the 360 the past few years.

Also people ignore that most ps3 gamers don't care about ps3 exclusives. Look at fun games like Dragons Crown that flopped in sales. Even infamous and disgaea which are my personal favorite exclusives on the ps3 failed to sell well. Kinect games sell more but wait now sales don't matter.

Lets face it, the majority of ps3 peers careless about ps3 exclusives.
#32zephirrainesPosted 11/10/2013 11:54:35 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Wow, Microsoft is destroying good companies like Rare and making them create KINECT games that nobody cares for. What a shame.

Kinect sports and Dance Central outsold every infamous game. So that must mean nobody cares about infamous SS.
#33PraetorXynPosted 11/10/2013 11:55:35 AM
Laylow12 posted...
Wow, Microsoft is destroying good companies like Rare and making them create KINECT games that nobody cares for. What a shame.

To be fair, all the good talent left RARE when they found out Microsoft was buying it. So they'd probably be producing shovelware even if Nintendo bought them back.
---
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
#34HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/10/2013 12:00:03 PM(edited)
zinsindetta posted...
Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Halo and D4 is a company that doesn't care about gaming?

Yo momma

Thats the amazing thing. To MS Xbox is just a hobby like fantasy baseball.

The fact that they have more first parties and higher selling exclusives than the other guys is the ultimate troll. That they have more assets for their hobby than the other guys do their jobs is hilarious.

its scumbag steve.

Doesn't care about games. Is biggest games publisher on planet.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#35IzecPosted 11/10/2013 12:06:56 PM(edited)
See, this is what I dislike about MS/sometimes Sony.

It's annoying when Nintendo releases bad consoles with a ton of good exclusive games. But at least in that case, I'm mostly buying Nintendo's console to play THEIR games.

With Xbox, I'm buying it to play OTHER peoples' games, that MS just moneyhatted as exclusive. MS almost never produces any game of worth themselves. They have no first-party developer merit to make up for their lackluster console.

Same goes for Sony/PS in similar situations, but that's rarer because Sony can't afford to buy tons of exclusives.

Beyond the fact that this multiplat-to-singleplat garbage keeps the maximum amount of fans from playing the game, sometimes it just makes no sense. You have game series that sold better on one company's console last gen becoming exclusive to the other company's console the next gen. You have games of genres that are basically dead on one console being made exclusive to it regardless, drastically chopping down sales. It's all just money, money, money with no concern for the fanbase.
---
Throwback Mode 4 Lyfe
#36zephirrainesPosted 11/10/2013 12:10:05 PM
Izec posted...

It's annoying when Nintendo releases bad consoles with a ton of good exclusive games. But at least in that case, I'm mostly buying Nintendo's console to play THEIR games.

With Xbox, I'm buying it to play OTHER peoples' games, that MS just moneyhatted as exclusive. MS almost never produces any game of worth themselves. They have no first-party developer merit to make up for their lackluster console.

Same goes for Sony/PS in similar situations, but that's rarer because Sony can't afford to buy tons of exclusives.

Beyond the fact that this multiplat-to-singleplat garbage keeps the maximum amount of fans from playing the game, sometimes it just makes no sense. You have games that sold better on one company's console last gen becoming exclusive to the other company's console the next gen. You have games of genres that are basically dead on one console being made exclusive to it regardless, drastically chopping down sales. It's all just money, money, money with no concern for the fanbase.

Who cares? Seriously who cares?

What is with you people bragging about Sony FINALLY supporting indie games when MS did that for years. Supporting third parties while not fighting to own them all AND still having exclusives from first parties that sell well is a great thing in the business world. Not every company wants to lose ownership just to get the support from MS or Sony.

At the end of the day once again, who cares. As a consumer i want a company to throw down the dollars to fight for my dollar. If Sony did that more often the Vita wouldn't be such a failure and the ps3 wouldn't be used mostly for Netflix.
#37lilj812Posted 11/10/2013 12:19:38 PM
zephirraines posted...
Izec posted...

Beyond the fact that this multiplat-to-singleplat garbage keeps the maximum amount of fans from playing the game, sometimes it just makes no sense. You have games that sold better on one company's console last gen becoming exclusive to the other company's console the next gen. You have games of genres that are basically dead on one console being made exclusive to it regardless, drastically chopping down sales. It's all just money, money, money with no concern for the fanbase.

What is with you people bragging about Sony FINALLY supporting indie games when MS did that for years. Supporting third parties while not fighting to own them all AND still having exclusives from first parties that sell well is a great thing in the business world. Not every company wants to lose ownership just to get the support from MS or Sony.

At the end of the day once again, who cares. As a consumer i want a company to throw down the dollars to fight for my dollar. If Sony did that more often the Vita wouldn't be such a failure and the ps3 wouldn't be used mostly for Netflix.

Is that why the xbox one is more expensive but weaker from a technical standpoint? Is that why you have to pay for access to netflix and youtube? Is that why xbox live costs more yet doesn't have nearly the benefits of playstation plus?

Microsoft is fighting for your dollar huh? If that's them trying hard to earn a sale, and you think it's a good value....

Then you deserve the xbox one.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#38ACx7Posted 11/10/2013 12:29:43 PM
At the end of the day... Microsoft will have Halo. Sony will have whatever Naughty Dog makes and Nintendo will have... Pokemon, Mario, Zelda, Kirby, Fire Emblem, Smash Bros, Donkey Kong, Metroid, Animal Crossing and many many more...
#39SythisTaruPosted 11/10/2013 12:33:16 PM
lilj812 posted...
zephirraines posted...
Izec posted...

Is that why the xbox one is more expensive but weaker from a technical standpoint? Is that why you have to pay for access to netflix and youtube? Is that why xbox live costs more yet doesn't have nearly the benefits of playstation plus?

Microsoft is fighting for your dollar huh? If that's them trying hard to earn a sale, and you think it's a good value....

Then you deserve the xbox one.

Well, it's about a 700 dollar value for 500, I'd say that's pretty good. Unless you are one of the morons who thinks Kinect is worthless, then I can't really help you.
#40Laylow12Posted 11/10/2013 12:39:57 PM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
zinsindetta posted...
Dead Rising 3, Crimson Dragon, Ryse, Sunset Overdrive, Quantum Break, Killer Instinct, Halo and D4 is a company that doesn't care about gaming?

Yo momma

Thats the amazing thing. To MS Xbox is just a hobby like fantasy baseball.

The fact that they have more first parties and higher selling exclusives than the other guys is the ultimate troll. That they have more assets for their hobby than the other guys do their jobs is hilarious.

its scumbag steve.

Doesn't care about games. Is biggest games publisher on planet.

Don't worry HENTA, thats all changing with this coming generation. Sony is gonna crush you guys so you might wanna get that resume out!

(For all that don't know, our friend HENTA works for a Microsoft Software company)!

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin