Article: Microsoft's Moneyhatting Exclusives

#91embrandedone(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:27:54 AM
We dun need no first part exclusives!!

Mmmmkay, so if Sony has the award winning studios AND the better multiplats, why am I paying for this again?

:D
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLUYX7M1SQ -- The Xbox One Board
#92ssjgohhkuPosted 11/11/2013 9:35:45 AM
embrandedone posted...
We dun need no first part exclusives!!

Mmmmkay, so if Sony has the award winning studios AND the better multiplats, why am I paying for this again?

:D

Because $500 is a higher number then $400 so Xbox One is obviously better.
#93DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/11/2013 9:40:09 AM(edited)
James_4ort posted...
Your suggesting they sell 1st party games to other systems... No, I think they want to keep their software with their hardware.. Otherwise they'd turn into SEGA.

And stealing potential MP 3rd party games =\= holding onto your 1st party games.

Yes it does... you pay a developer to develop a game exclusively for your platform. Otherwise, they could be out in the wild making games for anyone. Just like Insomniac is now doing.
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#94leatheljPosted 11/11/2013 10:28:45 AM
i agree with the other guy who was saying who cares? no one really cares except butt hurt fanboys so they don't make allot of 1st party games AND??? AND??? they get exclusives buy paying the devs to make it for them should you be mad at the devs for accepting it?. Sony does the same thing Nintendo does the same thing Microsoft does it more fine i don't really care i don't have some kind of girl friend relationship with Microsoft like you guys do. They offer a good console with good games that you cant play on Sony console that's it that's all i care about no one is perfect and i like how people are saying they will not support the xbox one in the future with no exclusives yet the console is not out yet and haven't even started getting into its life span. I assume you people will just not buy one that's all you have to do not buy it enjoy your ps4/pc/wii u. but by all means keep demonizing microsoft/xbox one and finding any hate you can about it you have free speech and opinions your allowed to do so,
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#95jastenPosted 11/11/2013 11:46:46 AM
HENTAIDOJI posted...
sworder posted...
HENTAIDOJI posted...
#2) Your own linkage shows Sony has 13 studios to Microsofts 24.

The link shows that the only studios worth a dollar from Microsoft are 343 and Turn 10... Halo and Forza

What a surprise

But that means Sony doesn't have any worthwhile developers.

2>>ZERO.

And how do you come to this absolutely ludicrous assertion? Saying there are zero quality first party devs for sony has to be one of the most ignorant things I've seen posted on this board...
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#96THE_PS1_PATRIOTPosted 11/11/2013 11:53:18 AM
To be fair this is Microsoft's best bet and one that I agree with. If you can afford it do it.

It's not easy building an amazing first part studio like Sony or Nintendo has. Heck Journey beat out Halo 4 for GOTY awards last year. This stuff takes time.
---
PLAYSTATION PATRIOT
#97Viper187666Posted 11/11/2013 1:26:53 PM
Microsoft Studios head honcho Phil Spencer recently mentioned to OXM that a console manufacturer doesn't need its own studios to create excellent games.

Buying != Creating

They need to quit locking down things that could've and should've been multi-platform.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#98YeomanlyPosted 11/11/2013 1:32:11 PM
Viper187666 posted...
Microsoft Studios head honcho Phil Spencer recently mentioned to OXM that a console manufacturer doesn't need its own studios to create excellent games.

Buying != Creating

They need to quit locking down things that could've and should've been multi-platform.

They need to lock down and buy more exclusives, this is business.

From a gamer stand point, Microsoft and Sony should make all their games available on all formats so I can play them at high res on my PC.
#99BoxTheMuppetPosted 11/11/2013 1:35:50 PM
Viper187666 posted...

Buying != Creating

Why? It's a smart strategy from a business perspective. Why let the competition get a game if you have the money to block them?

You can't complain about how one company gets exclusives over another. It's like gamers want it to be communist where everyone gets the same games.

If only you people were this passionate about stuff that really matters.
---
#1 at absolutely nothing!
#100jastenPosted 11/11/2013 2:07:47 PM
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Viper187666 posted...

Buying != Creating

Why? It's a smart strategy from a business perspective. Why let the competition get a game if you have the money to block them?

You can't complain about how one company gets exclusives over another. It's like gamers want it to be communist where everyone gets the same games.

If only you people were this passionate about stuff that really matters.

As seen this gen, buying exclusives only works for so long. The Xbox has had such a bad drought of exclusive titles because the only way they really could was to buy them and not create them. It's weird looking at the beginning of the gen and seeing quality exclusives that pumped you up... only to realise most of them are now on all platforms. Fable really hasn't made noise in years, Halo is questionable after the dud that was 4 (acceptance wise not sale wise), Forza has never been a go to title, and Gears is in the same boat as Halo... except that it might not even be exclusive with a next title.

MS should spend more time building in house studioes to put out quality titles and less money buying up 3rd party exclusives that might not remain exclusive. It would be amazing to actually have two consoles putting out quality first party exclusives that haven't been stale rehashes for 15 years. Yes Nintendo, I'm still pissed at you for resting on your damn laurels.... what the hell happened to you...
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts