What makes a console better than the other?

#1pigman2003Posted 11/10/2013 4:25:40 AM
What's more important to you in a console? - Results (95 votes)
Hardware specs
15.79% (15 votes)
Games
71.58% (68 votes)
Features
6.32% (6 votes)
Online quality
2.11% (2 votes)
Price
4.21% (4 votes)
This poll is now closed.
I'd always thought that games were most important to a console however everyone who posts on this board seems to only care about specs and companies seem to care more about features and while those things are nice does it really top the games?
#2tadmfpolePosted 11/10/2013 4:36:28 AM
You poll is a bit vague. Hardware specs and games go hand in hand. Hardware specs play a major role in how those games are going to look and play throughout the life of the console.
---
my current game collection
http://www.gamefaqs.com/users/tadmfpole/games/owned
#3LapanuiPosted 11/10/2013 4:41:26 AM
I picked games. I would rather have a console with games I can enjoy than having a really powerful console with games I wouldn't enjoy.

I don't buy the console because it's the best on the market, that's a stupid way of making choices.
---
GT: Zichu PSN: Zichu NNID: Zichu1
#4knightimexPosted 11/10/2013 4:51:31 AM
tadmfpole posted...
You poll is a bit vague. Hardware specs and games go hand in hand. Hardware specs play a major role in how those games are going to look and play throughout the life of the console.

---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#5Cowboy082288Posted 11/10/2013 4:58:50 AM
tadmfpole posted...

By that logic the only thing anyone should want is a high end PC. Devs and you know artist do matter.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#6knightimexPosted 11/10/2013 5:03:16 AM
Cowboy082288 posted...
tadmfpole posted...

By that logic the only thing anyone should want is a high end PC. Devs and you know artist do matter.

pc lacks worthy exclusives, far more expensive.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#7stawg007Posted 11/10/2013 5:03:35 AM
It comes down to more than one thing but the most important factor is games

It's why the ps2 was so glorious
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#8richboy900Posted 11/10/2013 5:16:52 AM
stawg007 posted...

While the ps2 was awesome and I still play mine- even to play ps1 games, I preferred the original Xbox. I liked the games more like halo ce, project Gotham racing 2 and because of Xbox live.

What sucks for ps2 is that if you look on amazon at multiplats for 6th Gen games the superior Xbox game will be far cheaper.
I'd get it for Xbox as many games looked and were far superior thanks to its more powerful hardware. GTA san Andreas, star wars battlefront games are good examples. Things like better viewing distance, shorter loading times etc.
#9stawg007Posted 11/10/2013 5:38:58 AM
richboy900 posted...
stawg007 posted...

While the ps2 was awesome and I still play mine- even to play ps1 games, I preferred the original Xbox. I liked the games more like halo ce, project Gotham racing 2 and because of Xbox live.

What sucks for ps2 is that if you look on amazon at multiplats for 6th Gen games the superior Xbox game will be far cheaper.
I'd get it for Xbox as many games looked and were far superior thanks to its more powerful hardware. GTA san Andreas, star wars battlefront games are good examples. Things like better viewing distance, shorter loading times etc.

Fair enough, my bro had an Xbox and I got a fair bit of use out of it with its exclusives but I was a ps2 guy
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#10TeraPatrick2008Posted 11/10/2013 12:45:04 PM
games and a company that doesn't try to f*** you