What do you honestly think of Dead Rising 3 ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 11/10/2013 8:07:37 AM
Be honest now, how does it look to you and are you happy the direction they have taken this game ?

I've owned a Xbox since the begining and I played and bought Dead Rising 1 when it first came out as I am a huge fan of the Old style Resident Evil games and the first game was really fun and enjoyed it alot except for the fact of the timer in the game, so you couldn't enjoy it as much as you wanted without rushing through the game and the saves were annoying.

I played DR2 and it was fun for a while but it got boring pretty quick and never did finish the game. And Dead Rising 2.5 (or what ever the name was ) didn't even buy it because it's too over the top.

DR3 looks like it's gone in the same direction as DR2, I think if they made it more of a survival zombie type of game and more like the first game then the 2nd, I might of bought a XB1 just for this game as I really enjoyed the first game.
#2Killah PriestPosted 11/10/2013 8:12:35 AM
If I don't get it free with my free xbone it will be the first game I cop.
---
Laugh, and the world laughs with you. Weep, and you weep alone.
The armory of god is guarding me but all you can see is holographic artistry.
#3khardboredPosted 11/10/2013 8:21:13 AM
I am torn. While it looks awesome, I am not a big sandbox/open world type guy. I think I was the first person to trade GTA 5 in. 5 days later. I just can't get into them, I get bored. Meh, I'll get it anyway.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#4VoidBeyondPosted 11/10/2013 8:48:04 AM
Looks absolutely fantastic, when I get an XI, DR3 and AC4 will be the first games I get
---
GT: CynicalRaptor26//PSN: DuodecimKnight//
#5bossk5Posted 11/10/2013 8:54:07 AM
Looks great. I'm hoping a ps4 version will come to light.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#6DrRockso87Posted 11/10/2013 8:56:00 AM
Honestly? Meh. I'm sure people will love it but it looks like the last two games: fun for 10 minutes with your friends and then forgotten shortly afterward.

Just not into it.
#7sworderPosted 11/10/2013 8:59:12 AM
Boring.

I play difficult games like Bayonetta and DMC, or competitive online games where I do pretty damn good most of the time. So a game where the only thing you do is walk around and hit dumb zombies in the face, I'd get bored within minutes.

Dead Rising 2 amused me for all of 15 minutes, then I never played it again
#8gobuffalo30Posted 11/10/2013 8:59:55 AM
I've never played a DR game before, but from my impressions on the gameplay it looks very repetitive. The only variety was the different costume, weapons, and vehicles but you're essentially doing the same thing. Looks like it could be fun for maybe an hour or 30 minutes but that's about it.
#9BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 9:03:46 AM
So you's prefer this way that Dead Rising has headed as to the the way Dr1 was ?

To me seems like capcom are trying to appeal to the masses more with first Resident Evil and now this game series.

It's a shame because instead of making a new games and series they have to try and change a old series (which was great) and turn it into a action game just to make the masses happy supposedly.

But I reckon by doing this they are losing more fans then gaining them.
#10BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 9:05:03 AM
gobuffalo30 posted...
I've never played a DR game before, but from my impressions on the gameplay it looks very repetitive. The only variety was the different costume, weapons, and vehicles but you're essentially doing the same thing. Looks like it could be fun for maybe an hour or 30 minutes but that's about it.

If you own a Xbox 360 you should really try Dead Rising 1, it's a great game and you would pick it up dirt cheap as well.