Forza 5 demo impressions

#1REAL_kielbasaPosted 11/10/2013 12:58:21 PM
I just tried out the Forza 5 demo at a Microsoft store. 1 lap on the Laguna Seca raceway. A MS rep selects the car then hands you the controller at the start of the race.

Graphics:
- 1080p 60FPS is very nice. Other than that, it doesn't look much better than Forza 4. Although I didn't get to play around with replays/photo mode
- lack of anisotropic filtering is unfortunately very apparent. Ground textures are noticeably blurry

Gameplay:
- if you played Forza 3 or 4, you know exactly what to expect

Other:
- the controller is awesome. Very comfortable and the force feedback in the triggers is really neat. Will definitely pick one up for PC games even if I never get an X1
- loading times are HORRIBLE. 30+ seconds to load a track

Anybody else get to try it yet?
---
Ponies GTFO
#2Dev0311Posted 11/10/2013 1:06:55 PM
30 seconds to load a track? Wow. At least there are only 14 tracks to load.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#3QuinnandGoblinPosted 11/10/2013 1:08:51 PM
Yeh the demos of forza showing that track have shocking load times, closer to 45 seconds to a minute in most cases. It is a demo station though, may be improved somewhat with final game installed to HDD.
---
NinendoID- Grey-Armada .... psn- armada66 .... xbl- greyarmada....3ds-0345-0608-4393
#4REAL_kielbasa(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 1:10:38 PM
QuinnandGoblin posted...
Yeh the demos of forza showing that track have shocking load times, closer to 45 seconds to a minute in most cases. It is a demo station though, may be improved somewhat with final game installed to HDD.

Are the demos running straight off a disc? I can't imagine why they'd do it that way.
---
Ponies GTFO