A question for those of you buying an Xbox One at launch

#1VmodePosted 11/10/2013 1:07:09 PM
Why?

I'm not trying to be flippant here, I genuinely want to know.

For me, there's no game I want at launch and experience has taught me that the first iteration is usually the flimsiest (my Xbox 360(s) can attest to that) so personally I cannot see any reason to buy the console at launch.

Those of you who are, obviously do not feel the same way, so if you have a mind to, then maybe you could tell the reasoning behind your decision?
---
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven" - extract from Paradise Lost (Book 1, Line 263)
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/10/2013 1:07:58 PM
Because I like it

/thread
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Alnilam81Posted 11/10/2013 1:10:39 PM
Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, plus the non exclusives I plan on getting, and of course Titanfall in the not too distant future.
#4ScymitePosted 11/10/2013 1:12:02 PM
For me, there's no game I want at launch

Imagine a world where some people want some of the launch games. Now you have your answer as to why some people want to buy an Xbox One at launch. Same reason for any console at launch. Ever.

Except for PS3s. That was for Blu-ray.
Except for PS2s. That was for DVD.

Hmm...why are people buying a PS4 this time?

Games?

Imagine that.
---
"I always found it both amusing and oddly appropriate that the rhetoric of the Information Age ended up being so... binary." -- Time_pants
#5xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/10/2013 1:19:41 PM
You have asked a impossible question.... one that a simple answer would do no justice. Why you ask? WHY?! It is that time again. That we as gamers. Brothers. Comrades in arms come together and spend hundreds of dollars! Not over silly things such as games or friends.

We spend not because we want to.... but because we must.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#6homeskilletLVPosted 11/10/2013 1:19:52 PM
I think there are several reasons i am picking up the xbox one:

1. I am excited about dedicated servers. This has been a long time frusration with my online gaming experience.

2. The technology! Yes, I know it is a gaming console but i think the way you can connect it to a cable/satellite box and having everything you want on one TV input sounds appealing and from the videos looks very fluid.

3. Titanfall....I originally was going to get the PS4 when both was announced but I see that there are no games coming out on PS4 that i really want to play before Titanfall. BTW i am still going to get a PS4 just not at launch. PS4 looks amazing as well

4. After playing the xbox one a few times the controller, graphics, and experiences were all a great upgrade so why not.

These are just my opinion why i am excited and counting down the days to the Xbox One!
#7SupaflyGibsonPosted 11/10/2013 1:37:46 PM
Because I know I am going to get one eventually. I love Halo and other ms exclusives. Also always have favored the xbox controllers over the ps's. I'll be enjoying myself playing my xone while people like you are fighting an imaginary console war on the internet.
---
gt: For Spartaa
#8mcnichojPosted 11/10/2013 1:51:09 PM
KI, DR3, Ryse and C.Dragon.
All the new features like twitch streaming.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.
#9eLiTeRiChxUKPosted 11/10/2013 1:51:59 PM
Because i prefer Xbox to Playstation... and because i want one..
---
GT: One Called Rich
#10SunDevil77Posted 11/10/2013 1:53:27 PM
Because my launch 360 is still kickin', I want to play the games, and it won't go down in price for years.
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539