A question for those of you buying an Xbox One at launch

#11mightygalactusPosted 11/10/2013 1:56:24 PM
1.) Kinect/UI/Integration: the technology is really impressive. If you haven't seen this video, I highly recommend it explaining the dashboard experience and how it all works: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z3jSN1s2RyE

2.) The games. More launch titles, more exclusives at launch and in launch window. Unless you are a big Killzone fan, you're really not missing out on any PS4 exclusive at launch. Console exclusives advantage also goes to X1. Kingdom Hearts III, Final Fantasy XV, MGS all coming to X1 (not timed exclusives, will launch same day as PS4).

3.) Centralizing and integrating your entire media center. X1 will be a key piece in any media center. You can use the HDMI pass through to control your TV guide, change channels, switch from gameplay to TV to app all with voice commands. Again I highly recommend watching that video I posted earlier.
---
Stannis Baratheon is the one rightful King of Westeros.
#12tofatoPosted 11/10/2013 2:02:42 PM
1. Because I love games and owning a console at its launch day it's great, at least for me, some people say isn't worth it cuz there are no games, or after launch titles you have to wait for new games to come ,most of the time. But for me my entertainment it's very important and I won't wait 1 or 2 years for a price drop. I always buy consoles on launch date and I don't regret it it doesn't matter which console you get , you know that great games are coming to it
#13FusionCPosted 11/10/2013 2:04:26 PM
The games. Ill have my PS4 this Friday but im mostly playing current gen games on it (AC4 BF4) for the Xbox its ALL about the games, DR3, Forza 5 and Ryse
---
For the Horde!!!!
#14Donuts_R_GoodPosted 11/10/2013 2:05:18 PM
Day One achievement and the simple joy of getting a brand new console on day one.

And next gen COD: Ghosts.
---
Not changing this sig until a Halo 2 remake is announced.
Started November 2nd, 2011.
#15zmousePosted 11/10/2013 2:10:14 PM
Imagine if nobody bought consoles at launch, they would fail. I know alot of you want this to happen to the xbox one but it's not going to so just give up and enjoy your console/pc of choice.
#16CasualNinjaPosted 11/10/2013 3:52:20 PM(edited)
I've gone back and forth the last few months on whether to get an Xbox One or now. I'm getting it for a few reasons.

- Watching all the videos about the system on the Xbox dashboard made me interested. The TV integration, the better environments on games like AC, COD, and many others.

- The Skype feature with your friends list. The Cloud.

- Bigger HD as I've been using my 20GB HD since the 360 launch.

- Continuing to play with my online and real buddies who are also getting the new system.

- Better servers and online play. I bought the 360 version of NBA 2k14 and it was terrible. The online association is impossible to get past year one. I can tell from everything I've seen, they've spent all their time working on the next gen version.

- I have 0 interest in Forza and Killer Instinct. So all the criticism to that means nothing to me.

- The last factor is, I've had my most recent 360 for about 4 1/2 years. I don't know how much longer it will last and I don't plan on getting another 360. I figured I could at least trade it in now towards the one while it still works. Also, I bought Ghosts and Madden, so I can easily trade those games up.

I don't care about which system is better in the long run. I liked what I've seen for the One, and I'm pretty sure I'm going to enjoy it, so that's all that matters.
#17motoraptorPosted 11/10/2013 3:50:23 PM
All of my friends are ready to upgrade to next-gen and we're all getting Xbox One. Being able to game together is the most important thing. The multimedia is going to be awesome, I know I'll be using the multimedia features a lot.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#18Jedi454Posted 11/10/2013 3:51:42 PM
Donuts_R_Good posted...
Day One achievement and the simple joy of getting a brand new console on day one.

And next gen COD: Ghosts.

This.
---
Ps4? More like Ps3.5, just a more powerful console with no innovation.
#19Masterchief5525Posted 11/10/2013 3:52:53 PM
Alnilam81 posted...
Forza 5, Killer Instinct, Dead Rising 3, plus the non exclusives I plan on getting, and of course Titanfall in the not too distant future.
#20Reel_Big_MikePosted 11/10/2013 3:53:42 PM
Forza 5
Dead Rising
Lococycle
Xbox Live
Kinect 2.0
Cable Box functionality/HDMI In
Preferable Controller
Cloud potential

I could go on as there's a lot of reasons I'm buying an Xbox One at launch.
---
Note to GFAQs mods: You do an absolutely terrible job at modding trolling. Get better at it and give harsher punishments for it.