Naughty Dog has some strong words for Microsoft

#161jastenPosted 11/11/2013 8:39:33 PM
ILikesCheese posted...
MasteroftheArts posted...
I thought about doing my usual and giving a long detailed post about why you're fundamentally ignorant about just how easy it is to build a computer, but there's no point.... Some other potentially dangerous pursuits then would be putting together furniture like an office chair or desk or changing a tire.

"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."

First off, faith is the chalice of the ignorant and cup from which stupidity flows.

Secondly, why the hell would anyone WANT to build a computer? Changing a tire is something you learn out of necessity in preparation for the inevitable flat. Building a computer is something a FEW people find interesting as a hobby. The rest of us are content to go to Best Buy or Office Max.

building is often cheaper... the rig I'm on right now would have cost over 2000 if I bought a comparable pre built PC in a store. It cost me 600 less and even then, Windows, a great video card, and the CPU tend to make up the bulk of that though... case, PSU, and motherboard will maybe add up to 200. Though someplaces give great package deals with certain components.

As for that poster... love how he makes a dumb assumption and goes into hiding yet again. Really must be his MO.
---
We are not merely the sum of our parts
#162matthatter56Posted 11/11/2013 9:19:31 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
matthatter56 posted...
KotomineKirei posted...
wqer34 posted...
VeiledGenesis posted...
All 3 console makers suck anymore. PC master race is the only saviour we have left.

It definitely won't saviour us money.

It won't saviour you money, but it might save you money if you build your own parts and put them together yourself.

I am so sick of this argument from people. Not everyone can put a computer together. Just because you can do it doesn't mean everyone can. Also before anyone spouts off something like "well they are just stupid if they can't build their own PC" let me explain something. It doesn't have a thing to do with intelligence. You can read all the books watch all the videos etc on how to build your computer but sometimes a person still can't put it into practice.

Again this doesn't mean they are stupid It most likely means that they don't have the skill required to build a computer. These skills are something that they average person doesn't even think about. They have them from birth and they don't even think what it would be like not having them. They are skills that are so implemented in daily life that average people just use these skills without thinking.

These skills are fine motor skills. The basic rundown is how the brain and the fingers work together to perform certain tasks with small objects. Putting together a computer, fixing a car, etc these all require fine motor skills. I am one of these people. I don't have the fine motor skills to build my own PC. I also have Optic Nerve Atrophy to compound the problem so yeah I could never build my own PC.

For the people that can build your own PC. Great wonderful you guys are awesome. I don't have an issue with that at all. I don't want it to be misunderstood. I bought a PC from Best Buy and of course now it is outdated because I didn't build it myself. I love the PC and yes I think if you can build your own PC you should definitely do that. I really wish however they would quit being such elitist snobs and looking down on anyone that can't build their own PC.

1. I'm not saying that everyone can.

2. A little intelligence, knowledge and hands are all you need...unless you make the parts yourself, at which point, it would likely need fine motor skills, higher intelligence and more knowledge.

3. I'm sorry that you have such a problem(Optic Nerve Apathy/Neuropathy[?]).
Also, you could ask to have someone help you build one.

4. I'm not an elitist nor a snob.
I don't look down on anyone.

I am glad to find out you aren't one of those people. Point 2 is true in a sense but still you need the visual depth perception (which again I don't have) is probably my main issue. Also since your post I can see you aren't a snob and I am sorry if I labeled you wrongly. I am talking more about the "genius " above your post,.MasteroftheArts. I will definitely think of having a friend build me one sometime.
#163MasteroftheArtsPosted 11/11/2013 9:37:12 PM
jasten posted...
I've built a computer... several in fact. So nice foolish and arrogant assumption (shock awe gasp, I"m shocked you do this! /sarcasm since you probably wouldn't get that). However, I know several people that have tried time and again and simply can't do it. There brains just don't work that way. I know, such a simple concept alludes you "superior" intellect but it's a simple fact of life, not everyone can do these tasks we might find simple.

Any more stupid assumptions or are you going to continue showing who the real fool is here?

http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20090625205403AA0TvXz
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100707044720AATnGSQ
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=1006021011556
http://malaysia.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130607225116AAZz0Q7
http://ca.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20130919185704AAFdIwz
http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/archive/904157
http://www.avforums.com/threads/how-easy-is-it-to-build-a-pc.994175/

I could link to more and more and more and more. You are full of ****. Oh wow. A person who CLAIMS to have built several computers. Just like all those people who CLAIM to have canceled their non-existent X1 preorder in protest, LOL. Let's say you have. You're still demonstrably wrong.

Also, you're the one that keeps making it about intellect. I've specifically stated that people aren't magically born with the skill to assemble computers, contrary to what the person I responded to claimed.

ILikesCheese posted...
First off, faith is the chalice of the ignorant and cup from which stupidity flows.

Secondly, why the hell would anyone WANT to build a computer? Changing a tire is something you learn out of necessity in preparation for the inevitable flat. Building a computer is something a FEW people find interesting as a hobby. The rest of us are content to go to Best Buy or Office Max.

First off, it's a quote from a popular book, you dolt.

Secondly, I guess you didn't bother actually reading what I posted, because it has nothing to do with it being a hobby.

Jasten posted...
As for that poster... love how he makes a dumb assumption and goes into hiding yet again. Really must be his MO.

Translation: "I love how that poster actually leaves his computer to live his life instead of constantly hitting F5 to monitor the boards like a troglodyte just like I do."

Can't wait for more hurr durr from you.
---
"I refuse to prove that I exist" says God. "For proof denies faith, and without faith I am nothing..."
#164jastenPosted 11/11/2013 9:53:09 PM
snip

You mean like me.... a guy that has been at a job since that reply to you? Oops, look again.. .another dumb assumption. Course, this is with the assumption I'm lying.... guess knowing which PSU, size of motherboard, the required amount of gigs needed in memory, hard drive, bluray/DVD drive. what CPU works with the chosen motherboard (or vice versa), video card (and crossfire and making sure the motherboard has the space for certain bulky cards with built in fans) and how to connect it all up inside the case (those pesky little wires being very hard to handle),,, yep, totally just dreamt that I built multiple PCs for multiple uses. I guess this rig I'm on right now is just a total fantasy because the great lord MasteroftheArts has spoken! I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about!

As for that bunch of links that prove everyone can bu... o wait, they aren't doing that either. The problem here isn't that many people obviously can build a computer, but with your generalisation that all people can but only laziness gets in the way. It's a smug, arrogant, and infinitely ignorant generalisation.... but then, shouldn't expect anything better from you.

Maybe if you stopped talking in generalisations, you're points wouldn't be so slammed. But I get the feeling you are going to try and defend yourself still despite the fact you are just plain wrong.
---
#165MasteroftheArtsPosted 11/11/2013 11:20:16 PM
jasten posted...
You mean like me.... a guy that has been at a job since that reply to you? Oops, look again.. .another dumb assumption. Course, this is with the assumption I'm lying.... guess knowing which PSU, size of motherboard, the required amount of gigs needed in memory, hard drive, bluray/DVD drive. what CPU works with the chosen motherboard (or vice versa), video card (and crossfire and making sure the motherboard has the space for certain bulky cards with built in fans) and how to connect it all up inside the case (those pesky little wires being very hard to handle),,, yep, totally just dreamt that I built multiple PCs for multiple uses. I guess this rig I'm on right now is just a total fantasy because the great lord MasteroftheArts has spoken! I couldn't possibly know what I'm talking about!

As for that bunch of links that prove everyone can bu... o wait, they aren't doing that either. The problem here isn't that many people obviously can build a computer, but with your generalisation that all people can but only laziness gets in the way. It's a smug, arrogant, and infinitely ignorant generalisation.... but then, shouldn't expect anything better from you.

Maybe if you stopped talking in generalisations, you're points wouldn't be so slammed. But I get the feeling you are going to try and defend yourself still despite the fact you are just plain wrong.

1) Oops. Looks like you don't actually bother reading my post, because my point was that I actually do things other than frequent a message board, unlike you apparently.

2) Guess knowing information that is readily found by searching on google for 10 minutes and summarizing the table of contents of a guide means you've actually made a computer. Yep. Totally means you aren't just making up that information to deflect from the obvious fact that no one believes that building a computer is hard except you and one other guy. I guess the rig you're on which can't be proven wasn't just a stock computer from Dell (cough *alienware* cough) was totally one of several that you built with your wiki knowledge.

3) Ooh. Almost got lost in your desperate heavy sarcasm and didn't immediately see that you once again have sidestepped the issue and just declared my position wrong without actually refuting it. Just like you did with this gem:

Next you are going to say everyone can program or draw or compose and play music.

Of course that's the name of the game here. You're not interested in actually properly responding to my points because you're invested in your position. My position is quite simple. The necessary tools to build a computer are money, a set of actual tools screwdriver, static guard, etc, reading comprehension, and the initiative to do so. Fears of breaking parts are immediately allayed once you begin reading any guide on how to build one which is why a static guard is highly recommended. That said, Money, tools, and reading comprehension aren't an issue, so that leaves us with one other option. They don't want to put forth the effort necessary to build a computer. It's a disjunctive syllogism.

Keep avoiding the issue and trying to downplay your terrible logic with heavy sarcasm. It just shows how desperate you are in the face of overwhelming evidence against your point.
---
#166VanderZooPosted 11/11/2013 11:36:30 PM
shawnmck posted...
He didn't really explain why...so his words have no merit.
Basically what he said was akin to this..."Microsoft will not do well, because I said so"
That is just pathetic.

It's self explanatory, he said within the industry people were expecting Xbox to win next gen. Now PS4 is expected to win next gen.

What needs to be explained, his statement was just an observation.
---
Atheists for Pope Francis.
#167jastenPosted 11/12/2013 10:52:52 AM
snip

So prove everyone can do it. Right now. All you've shown is that many people can do it, which isn't the claim you made. You are saying any can do it, just many people are too lazy for it. But again, I expect nothing but the same tired BS. You overgeneralise, scramble when you are called on it, and can't stand to admit you made a stupid point that is clearly wrong.

And those were examples... let's add car repair, assembling a car, assembling anything really, playing a video game... there are so many examples of tasks many of us here might find easy that are difficult enough for people that they simply can't do it regardless of how much practice they have. That's a simple fact of life... some people can do some things and others can't.

And if you've noticed, that is the part of your argument I'm adressing... the one where you make an assumption that people can't do it because they are simply lazy and won't put forth the effort. You haven't proven it at all, just scream "IT"S TRUE LALALALALALALA". Again, stop generalising and making a stupid assumption and you wouldn't be called out by people here. But I know you'll just keep saying "you aren't addressing my point despite the fact I haven't proved anything and I must deflect from that fact!".

So please, keep saying I'm using terrible logic... I'll just be waiting for you to actually prove everyone can build a computer or finally admit you made a bad generalisation. Course, I know the last won't happen...

O, and when you call people out for not reading posts, maybe you should make sure you've read everything. I quite clearly aren't on the message board all the time. YOu know, pesky things I've mentioned like a job. Oops, I forgot.. not supposed to call you out when you make a foolish post. Totally, really truly sorry for that.
---
#168TheDuckInPondPosted 11/12/2013 10:56:39 AM
How are these "strong words"?
#169chrish909Posted 11/12/2013 11:00:51 AM
ILikesCheese posted...
chrish909 posted...
kingboo35 posted...
You're pretty sad, you've been in this tread (or constantly checking it) for around 4 hours. Do you have any friends or maybe something better to do then saying Sony exclusives sucks, i mean come on your the reason why the term fanboy was made

Wheres my pretty sad? The amount of time I spend arguing is irrelevent. None of you can counter any of my points.

The amount of time one spends going on and on without truly saying anything of note is indeed relevant. It shows that you are either 1) Paid by Microsoft to defend the Xbox One or all things Microsoft on silly little forum boards such as this, or 2) extremely obsessed and somewhat disturbed.

And I still don't know what an ARTICALE is...

:D

lol so people bashing x1 and praising ps4 must be paid by sony. Im an x1 fan and go to the x1 board. Why would a ps4 fan go to the x1 board?

I wrote stuff you disagree with so I must be obsessed and distrurbed. Im pretty sure people constantly coming here to bash x1 for months on end are obsessed and disturbed.

I didnt insult anyone, I just posted my opinion. The fact you got butthurt enough to call me disturbed and obsessed is hilarious to me. Can you share some more diagnosises dr cheese
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#170USFPosted 11/12/2013 12:05:31 PM
BingSanpao posted...
Naughty Dog, that's the company that makes sub-par shooters right? Let me know when they make a game that's as good as Halo or Gears. :)

They already have this past gen, you must have been living under a rock. Not only as good, but even miles ahead.
---
Because the door was open. Blue skies.
Currently Playing: Starcraft II: HoTS, Hearthstone (Beta), Grand Theft Auto V.