Is DESTINY online only??

#1foxyReyokoPosted 11/10/2013 7:48:40 PM
Will it at least have offline multiplayer like Halo?

please respond
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#2Bigdaddy422Posted 11/10/2013 7:49:28 PM
Online only.

Thats the general transition we will be seeing this generation. I embrace the change.
#3PorungaPosted 11/10/2013 7:50:12 PM
I believe it is online only. Could be totally wrong on that one though.
#4foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/10/2013 7:51:38 PM
Why?

What if I dont have internet for some reason?

What if it lags too much for other people's slow connection?

What if after a year or two no one's playing in the server.. does that mean the game is dead? At least in single player I can replay it as much as I want

What if I wanna play a offline 4-player match with my friends? I can only play online w/ random people?
---
`._.
#5Shadowalker1191Posted 11/10/2013 7:54:14 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

What if after a year or two no one's playing in the server.. does that mean the game is dead? At least in single player I can replay it as much as I want

What if I wanna play a offline 4-player match with my friends? I can only play online w/ random people?

That is how bungie wanted it to be.

Your out of luck.

There out of luck.

Trade it in and get something else.

Again, no offline mode.
#6CaIiber345Posted 11/10/2013 7:57:33 PM
Shadowalker1191 posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

Your out of luck.

There out of luck.

Again, no offline mode.

And your simplistic, selfish attitude is why this online crap that caters to the lowest common denominator is possible and even profitable.

Offline players shouldn't be abandoned.
---
"Nothing gets her hot like seeing you do 5G barrel rolls until you nearly black out." -Elitas Travel
Official Walking Champion, GTAO Xbox 360 Board
#7KolanifvPosted 11/10/2013 7:57:58 PM
foxyReyoko posted...

Move. #dealwithit
#8Shadowalker1191Posted 11/10/2013 8:04:12 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Shadowalker1191 posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

Your out of luck.

There out of luck.

Again, no offline mode.

And your simplistic, selfish attitude is why this online crap that caters to the lowest common denominator is possible and even profitable.

Offline players shouldn't be abandoned.

Simple questions, simple answers. I agree that offline palyers shouldn't be abandoned but that was not our decision. Just as WoW is online only, you know that going into it, just like Destiny. It was made clear that it was an online game when it was first announced. Selfish attitude? You do not even know me, yet you jump into attacking me. Internet toughguy hiding behind a screen.

If you have problems with Destiny being online only. Maybe try the bungie forums and not gamefaqs. Where no matter what answer you get, someone is going to get there panties in a bunch. Sorry TC, thats what happens here.
#9DeadLock25Posted 11/10/2013 8:09:29 PM(edited)
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

Then you cannot play the game.

What does your amount of lag have to do with other peoples connection when the game will probably use dedicated servers?

There is no "server." Its a combination of single player and online, all integrated seamlessly.

I do not think there is split screen but I can be wrong. There is however co-op online and you do not HAVE to play with random people unless you enter a specific area where many players are required.

This is like complaining about an MMO being online only. Its a type of game, all at the discretion of the developer. If you do not like it, or do not have the necessary requirements for it, do not buy it.

Go complain to Bungie, its their choice. Better yet vote with your wallet and do not buy the game if you disagree with their practices/policies/game requirements.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#10foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 10:47:22 AM
But why can't they at least put offline 4-payer split screen multiplayer?? Whyy? :(
---
`._.