Is DESTINY online only??

#11kidwgmPosted 11/11/2013 11:48:09 AM
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

What if I dont have internet for some reason?

What if it lags too much for other people's slow connection?

What if after a year or two no one's playing in the server.. does that mean the game is dead? At least in single player I can replay it as much as I want

What if I wanna play a offline 4-player match with my friends? I can only play online w/ random people?

Well, then go buy another game. Because obviously this game isn't for you.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One
#12foxyReyoko(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:51:35 AM
kidwgm posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

What if after a year or two no one's playing in the server.. does that mean the game is dead? At least in single player I can replay it as much as I want

What if I wanna play a offline 4-player match with my friends? I can only play online w/ random people?

Why are you guys getting so ****ing defensive? Wow

I love how the game looks and it's definitely in my buy list, but I was really hoping it would have at least some offline content like split screen multiplayer.
---
METAL GEAR SOLID 4 GUNS OF THE PATRIOTS [06.12.2008]
`._.
#13DeadLock25Posted 11/11/2013 11:57:17 AM
foxyReyoko posted...
But why can't they at least put offline 4-payer split screen multiplayer?? Whyy? :(

I dont think its a question of whether they can or cannot. Its more about whether they want to. Its a creative choice, not a technical one. If they decide that certain parts of the story involve huge MMO type battles (which you may have seen from the demos) and is integrated with multiplayer, (all info so far indicates that this is the case) then there is nothing anyone can do about it because its their creative choice.

Some of those larger battles require more than 4 people to be sucessfull, so even if they have split screen for co-op in the single player areas, there will still be portions that require you to participate in larger battles and thus you have to be online. Being always connected just makes it easier for the developers, and in the future the player because of additional content that will be added post launch.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#14GuyFawkes5Posted 11/11/2013 12:03:13 PM
it is a MMO so.....
---
Technology keeps advancing, but we as humans are dead.
#15snowboard340Posted 11/11/2013 12:05:39 PM
GuyFawkes5 posted...
it is a MMO so.....
#16kidwgmPosted 11/11/2013 12:18:20 PM
foxyReyoko posted...
kidwgm posted...
foxyReyoko posted...
Why?

Why are you guys getting so ****ing defensive? Wow

I love how the game looks and it's definitely in my buy list, but I was really hoping it would have at least some offline content like split screen multiplayer.

Its not defensive at all. If the features you want in a game are not in this game then don't buy it. Stop whining about it. Dev's are not going to cater to every single potential customer and their wants/needs. They are going for the majority.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One
#17motoraptorPosted 11/11/2013 12:19:09 PM
Sorry bud, online interaction and SOCIAL aspects of games are going to be huge this gen. If you can't adapt or don't like change this isn't for you.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#18NofoundationPosted 11/11/2013 1:45:45 PM
Offline holds back games due to exploits/cheats/glitches. Every game can't be made for every person. This game is for people who have the internet, I think that's covering a wide range.
---
"I'm sorry but this seems succesfull [sic] launch for me."-some fanboy for FFXIVRR