Xbox One Resolution gate 2.0 really bothers me...

#1tokenblackguy23Posted 11/11/2013 3:57:24 AM
But obviously not for the same reasons it may or may not bother you. Ok so Xbox One multi-plats don't look as great on the X1 as they do on the PS4. What irritates me about this is the fact Microsoft obviously knew this but wanted to avoid telling the truth to me its customer. I could easily deal with someone saying "Our systems initial games may be a bit behind because of driver issues but rest assured they will get better".

X1 software looks fast, the kinect functions seen again look fast and useful to some extent. But as i said to most of my friends whom all are purchasing an X1, "with all things even as it pertains to graphics, party chat, games I want to play I will purchase whichever system offers the most bang for your buck".

So this is why I'm a bit torn with purchasing an X1, ACIV my most wanted game now is sub par 1080p on the X1 possibly even 900p and again Microsoft says nothing? this really is making my decision hard on which system to purchase first.
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#2Jedi454Posted 11/11/2013 3:59:24 AM
Wii U.
---
Ps4? More like Ps3.5, just a more powerful console with no innovation.
#3AwayFromHerePosted 11/11/2013 4:04:37 AM
Why do people complain about s*** that doesn't matter?
---
You are hallucinating. Seek help immediately.
#41nternationa7Posted 11/11/2013 4:05:45 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

It must matter to someone if there are people complaining about it.
---
Pokemon Y Safari Code: 5172-1018-8947
Dragon Safari (Goodra, Salamence, Haxorus Line) Send me a PM!
#5FriedLemonPosted 11/11/2013 4:09:06 AM(edited)
This pretty much reflects my feelings towards MS as well, the fact that they put CoD under embargo clearly shows that they're being dishonest. Your average joe who doesn't follow video game news will see the trailers and reviews not realizing that it isn't what you're getting on the X1 and that the footage is from the PC/PS4.

Throughout this whole X1 fiasco if they had any integrity or honesty I'm sure they wouldn't be getting as much hate as they're getting now. But it seems like they still haven't learned their lesson judging from this resolution gate and another 180 on the music thing.
#6tokenblackguy23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:07:47 AM
AwayFromHere posted...

Because it does matter. If I currently only own a Xbox 360 and Im going to take $500 of my cash to purchase an upgrade well it darn well better be an upgrade. It matters because when you see articles like the one below you began to ask yourself what exactly are you getting for $500??

http://www.spawnfirst.com/news/call-duty-ghosts-not-much-difference/
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#7AwayFromHerePosted 11/11/2013 4:10:58 AM
Then wait a year.

Wait two years.

Wait for developers to get their minds around the XBOne and start pushing it.

You're basing your decision on a Call of Duty game. A series that hasn't evolved since 2007.
---
#8tokenblackguy23(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 4:13:56 AM
AwayFromHere posted...
Then wait a year.

Wait two years.

Wait for developers to get their minds around the XBOne and start pushing it.

You're basing your decision on a Call of Duty game. A series that hasn't evolved since 2007.

No Im basing my opinion on Ryse being downgraded, AC IV not being true native 1080p, BF4 running in 720p and now COD 4 confirmed to be running in 720p the exact same resolution as the Xbox 360 I currently own. So what exactly am I getting for $500 bucks?
---
Arsenal!!!!!
#9AwayFromHerePosted 11/11/2013 4:16:12 AM
tokenblackguy23 posted...

No Im basing my opinion on Ryse being downgraded, AC IV not being true native 1080p, BF4 running in 720p and now COD 4 confirmed to be running in 720p the exact same resolution as the Xbox 360 I currently own. So what exactly am I getting for $500 bucks?

Well, since you seem to be so against it, how about nothing? Don't buy it, problem solved.
---
#10yutterhPosted 11/11/2013 4:16:27 AM
the xbox experience?
---
Good news everyone! - Hubert Farnsworth
What do you mean "we", flesh-tube? - bender