I don't think the day one patch is going to be 500MB come launch.

#1khardboredPosted 11/11/2013 6:42:58 AM
Just a theory but when you look at what we know, it makes sense.

First, you have the swami guy telling us the patch that he downloaded was 500mb. It's pretty much truthfact. This patch was put on the servers 2 weeks before launch. A lot can change in two weeks.

Now you have Panello saying stuff like:

We still have two more weeks before launch - the console is in a pre-release state. We are doing regular updates - I personally took one a few minutes before he posted. His build is now old. This is why we were saying we didn't want people on early - it's not done yet.

So obviously the patch is ever-evolving up until the minute the console goes live.
Patch size might not mean much to a lot of users here but with my max down speed of 260/kbs it gets a little meh.

I just don't want people expecting 500mb when it can drastically change in 11 days.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#2PannerPosted 11/11/2013 6:46:46 AM
But in retrospect it could grow to over 500MB too.
---
Gamertag : Steel Hunter
NNID : SteelHunter PSN Firegor
#3BudWisenheimerPosted 11/11/2013 6:48:01 AM
As a buddy of mine likes to say: "You guessed 'er Chester."
#4khardbored(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:48:19 AM
Panner posted...

That is what I was getting at with the post. It could very well balloon to the initial 3GB that was floating around here.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#5BudWisenheimerPosted 11/11/2013 6:49:22 AM(edited)
(I expect it to be bigger)
#6zmousePosted 11/11/2013 7:10:12 AM
Well considering the isn't in the patch like speculated, I don't see it getting upto 3gb. Who knows though.
#7yanksfan4247Posted 11/11/2013 7:19:03 AM
khardbored posted...
Panner posted...

That is what I was getting at with the post. It could very well balloon to the initial 3GB that was floating around here.

No it won't but continue to spread around diarrhea.
---
Twitter: @macdamurderer
GT: Mac Da Murderer