Running TV through xbox one

#1jd1111Posted 11/11/2013 7:57:01 AM
I'm still torn between which system I want. I'll admit I'm not a huge gamer these days, because I don't have much time for it anymore.

The xbox one UI video looked really awesome. Here is my question/concern and I wonder what you guys will do about it. The HDMI in on the xbox comes from the HDMI out on the cable box. I don't think I've seen a cable box that has more than one HDMI out. Thus, if I want to watch TV without having to go through the xbox, I'd have to use component cables from my cable box to the tv.

Is the solution to just use a splitter from the HDMI out on the cable box, having one go to the xbox and one going to tv?
#2Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/11/2013 7:58:05 AM
Why wouldn't you want to go through the xbox?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#3MrSpaM111Posted 11/11/2013 8:00:35 AM(edited)
The solution should be to just use a splitter yeh, although we have no idea if the XBO will support hdmi through a splitter yet

The XBO's tv features may only work through certain cable boxes as well, the passthrough might work, but if you want to use the stuff like switching channels with voice commands it may only work with certain cable equipment. Microsoft have been pretty vague about it all tbh, we wont really know until the console is released.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4jd1111(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:01:28 AM
Sniper_Brosef posted...

First, I wouldn't want to have the xbox on for 12 hours when I'm watching football on sunday and doing nothing else. It's a $500 piece of equipment and I would be upset if it went bad because of using it like a cable box. Second, my GF def would not want to have to go through the xbox to watch t.v.
#5xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/11/2013 8:04:28 AM
jd1111 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

First, I wouldn't want to have the xbox on for 12 hours when I'm watching football on sunday and doing nothing else. It's a $500 piece of equipment and I would be upset if it went bad because of using it like a cable box. Second, my GF def would not want to have to go through the xbox to watch t.v.

The X1 is designed to always be on. Don't factor not wanting to keep it on in your decision.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 11/11/2013 8:11:28 AM
jd1111 posted...
Sniper_Brosef posted...

The Xbone is an HDMI passthrough. If you have it powered on then you get extra TV features. But you do not need to have it powered on at all. Your cable box signal and interface will still show up on your TV.