If the Xbox1 was the most powerful System, would you buy it ?

#1BruceLee1974Posted 11/11/2013 7:12:33 AM
For me I would, if it was clearly more powerful and it was the sole reason I bought the original Xbox1 and I bought a 360 becuase I liked the Xbox1. But after owning only a Xbox for 10 years I think it's time for a chance as MS seem to be heading in a different direction then what I want.

I don't like Kinect at all and don't watch much TV, so what they are offering is not suitable for me. If they would have dropped Kinect and made a much more powerful console, I think I would have been purchasing a Xbone instead of a PS4.

I like to see the best graphics but I don't like gaming on PC's as I like to play games while chilling on my bed infront of my big TV, so PS4 is the obvious choice for me.

What about you ?
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/11/2013 7:13:29 AM
Sure. I'm also buying it now. I like games.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3Sniper_BrosefPosted 11/11/2013 7:14:22 AM
Will it still have Halo?
---
Detroit Sports Rule!!! - Millen is gone forever!!!!!!!!!!
R.I.P. Keith.....I loved you man.....you will be sorely missed.
#4GingaritoPosted 11/11/2013 7:16:19 AM
Im getting both consoles.

But anyone that wants the most power should be buying a PC not a PS4 or Xbox One.
---
Currently playing -GTA V
Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment .Pre ordered THE ONE!
#5cpcjlc3Posted 11/11/2013 7:19:22 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
For me I would, if it was clearly more powerful and it was the sole reason I bought the original Xbox1 and I bought a 360 becuase I liked the Xbox1. But after owning only a Xbox for 10 years I think it's time for a chance as MS seem to be heading in a different direction then what I want.

I don't like Kinect at all and don't watch much TV, so what they are offering is not suitable for me. If they would have dropped Kinect and made a much more powerful console, I think I would have been purchasing a Xbone instead of a PS4.

I like to see the best graphics but I don't like gaming on PC's as I like to play games while chilling on my bed infront of my big TV, so PS4 is the obvious choice for me.

What about you ?

This is actually a good post. You are buying a PS4 and not a Xbox one because PS4 has value to you because of the direction Sony took (better graphics) and the Xbox doesn't (more casual approach and multimedia integration). It's nice to see someone saying that instead of "M$ Sux LOLZ I'm getting a PS4"

Personally I'm getting a Xbox One first b/c the potential of the kinect and multimedia functions appeal to me. I'll be getting a PS4 early next year for the graphically superior exclusives. I see value in both, but the Xbox holds more of my interest at the moment.
#6BudWisenheimerPosted 11/11/2013 7:20:45 AM
Gingarito posted...

But anyone that wants the most power should be buying a PC not a PS4 or Xbox One.

Ditto that. And if there were no such thing as exclusive games I'd still want the Xbone for its exclusive features.
#7BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 7:21:42 AM
Do you think though if MS didn't make Kinect mandatory and bundled it, they would of made better specs instead ? That's the thing I liked about Xbox as it was always more powerful, why not try to make the most powerful console instead of adding Kinect instead.

I think the masses would of flocked to Xbox1 had MS gone with a much more powerful system then the PS4 as nearly all the arguments with Xbox and PS4 are mainly about the graphics.

Had the Xbone been more powerful I think Sony would of failed this gen, but MS has let Sony off and lost their chance of winning next gen IMO.
#8MRL3G3NDPosted 11/11/2013 7:22:30 AM
Gingarito posted...

I have a PC, but most of my friends are on consoles...besides the majority of PC games are console ports anyway...

but yeah my rule of thumb for any purchase is to get the best product for my money.

I'm not going to pay extra for the product with the least value. MS has done a horrible job of conveying the value for the price they are asking for.

I am a gamer, I'm in the market for a gaming machine...not a cable box...not a motion sensor... a console that plays games the best.
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/11/2013 7:27:21 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
Gingarito posted...

I have a PC, but most of my friends are on consoles...besides the majority of PC games are console ports anyway...

but yeah my rule of thumb for any purchase is to get the best product for my money.

I'm not going to pay extra for the product with the least value. MS has done a horrible job of conveying the value for the price they are asking for.

I am a gamer, I'm in the market for a gaming machine...not a cable box...not a motion sensor... a console that plays games the best.

I think they've done a great job conveying the value. Launch exclusives like Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Crimson Dragon; future exclusives like Kinect Sports Rivals, Titanfall, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Quantum Break and Black Tusk's game; a controller that improves on what many already considered one of the best controllers ever made; a OS that allows you to multitask and run your games, apps and other services simultaneously and of course an improved Xbox Live service with dedicated servers available for all games.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10Special-EddPosted 11/11/2013 7:35:19 AM
Most powerful console is a bit of an oxymoron in it's own right. Now power does matter more than ever with video game systems but it still doesn't matter as much as the quality of the games themselves. Even with the "PS4 is 50% more powerful" topics popping up it never changed my decision to buy both systems at launch. If power was really such a huge factor then my PC would be getting more playtime than both systems combined.

Overall I enjoyed both the 360 and PS3 games and exclusives. I mainly used my 360 since most of my friends used XBL over PSN, yet Uncharted 2 is probably my #1 game from this current generation. I think that missing out on some great games from either system is my biggest deciding factor to stick them both.
---
RebelGameMaster: You can't say poop is better than french toast because some people like the taste of poop.
Proud day one adopter of PS4 and Xbox One