If the Xbox1 was the most powerful System, would you buy it ?

#11richboy900Posted 11/11/2013 7:38:12 AM
BruceLee1974 posted...
Do you think though if MS didn't make Kinect mandatory and bundled it, they would of made better specs instead ? That's the thing I liked about Xbox as it was always more powerful, why not try to make the most powerful console instead of adding Kinect instead.

I think the masses would of flocked to Xbox1 had MS gone with a much more powerful system then the PS4 as nearly all the arguments with Xbox and PS4 are mainly about the graphics.

Had the Xbone been more powerful I think Sony would of failed this gen, but MS has let Sony off and lost their chance of winning next gen IMO.

Agreed and it it were true I'd probably have preordered the one. But the Kinect will be better than the playstation eye or whatever its called, and more developers will hopefully make use of it.
#12cpcjlc3Posted 11/11/2013 7:41:52 AM
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
Gingarito posted...
Im getting both consoles.

But anyone that wants the most power should be buying a PC not a PS4 or Xbox One.

I have a PC, but most of my friends are on consoles...besides the majority of PC games are console ports anyway...

but yeah my rule of thumb for any purchase is to get the best product for my money.

I'm not going to pay extra for the product with the least value. MS has done a horrible job of conveying the value for the price they are asking for.

I am a gamer, I'm in the market for a gaming machine...not a cable box...not a motion sensor... a console that plays games the best.

I think they've done a great job conveying the value. Launch exclusives like Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Crimson Dragon; future exclusives like Kinect Sports Rivals, Titanfall, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Quantum Break and Black Tusk's game; a controller that improves on what many already considered one of the best controllers ever made; a OS that allows you to multitask and run your games, apps and other services simultaneously and of course an improved Xbox Live service with dedicated servers available for all games.

Value is different for each person based on what they are looking for in a game system. Some see the potential of the kinect and the multimedia integration and see the value in that. So they value the Xbox more then The PS4. Some don't and see the specs of the PS4 as being more value than the offerings of the Xbox. Conveying value is based on taste.
#13MRL3G3NDPosted 11/11/2013 7:52:02 AM
and that's great for you El lol you are a full time defender on these boards bro you should get a medal or something, I hope they give you a free XB1...I mean that sincerely.

but for me...
Forza 5-I own all of the previous forzas, and nothing about this one says it's a must have. I'm not even finished with forza 4

Dead Rising 3-Looks to be the best launch title, but I'm not a zombie guy, and the previous DR's were not fun or appealing to me.

Ryse- looks too repetitious for me, plus I'm not a sword and shield type of guy...this would be a bargin bin buy for me

Crimson Dragon- Nothing about this game attracts me at all, it looks so linear

Kinect Sports Rivals- I hate Kinect games, Kinect period is a turn off... I have Kinect and about5 games, and never finished any of them.

Titanfall-Looks good, and this may be the reason I will eventually buy a XB1

Halo 5-Halo 4 was good, but I never got into the MP, I think my halo days are over. It's just not "midnight release" material for me anymore

Fable Legends-Never got into fable...downloaded the free fable...played it for a couple of hours...deleted it...

Quantum Break-this I cannot understand...how people get excited over a cgi trailer in 2013 is beyond me..we know now target/concept videos are different then what we get in the final version.

Black Tusk's game-Must be awesome when we cannot remember the name...or if it hasn't been announced...how can you automatically get excited

The controller-I'm hearing the controller feels cheap, and the thumbsticks are lower...that has me worried but I'll be the judge of that if they ever put out demos

Those aren't necessarily game enders; they just don't make me go OH I NEED TO LINE UP FOR A NEW CONSOLE RIGHT NOW!!!

and please believe me, I was ready to go next gen 3 years ago...what I thought it should be and what it is turning out to be is depressing
---
The Closest You'll Ever Come to Afghanistan in Gaming...
http://youtu.be/GIhqUiQJt6Q
#14PorungaPosted 11/11/2013 7:53:48 AM
No, I still would not buy it. Having the most powerful console has never been important to me. It has never bothered me to have a "inferior" version of a multiplat game. What matters to me is games. Historically, playstation systems has had the games I enjoy and historically xbox systems has not, and I will not buy a xbox one until it does. I am not against the xbox, that is why I am here joining in the discussion, even though I currently have no plans to buy one. I am interested in the latest news and waiting for a reason to buy one to appear.
#15BruceLee1974(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:34:10 AM
cpcjlc3 posted...
ElPolloDiablo87 posted...
MRL3G3ND posted...
Gingarito posted...

But anyone that wants the most power should be buying a PC not a PS4 or Xbox One.

I have a PC, but most of my friends are on consoles...besides the majority of PC games are console ports anyway...

but yeah my rule of thumb for any purchase is to get the best product for my money.

I'm not going to pay extra for the product with the least value. MS has done a horrible job of conveying the value for the price they are asking for.

I am a gamer, I'm in the market for a gaming machine...not a cable box...not a motion sensor... a console that plays games the best.

I think they've done a great job conveying the value. Launch exclusives like Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, Ryse and Crimson Dragon; future exclusives like Kinect Sports Rivals, Titanfall, Halo 5, Fable Legends, Quantum Break and Black Tusk's game; a controller that improves on what many already considered one of the best controllers ever made; a OS that allows you to multitask and run your games, apps and other services simultaneously and of course an improved Xbox Live service with dedicated servers available for all games.

Value is different for each person based on what they are looking for in a game system. Some see the potential of the kinect and the multimedia integration and see the value in that. So they value the Xbox more then The PS4. Some don't and see the specs of the PS4 as being more value than the offerings of the Xbox. Conveying value is based on taste.

I agree with you there man and that is my reason for choosing a PS4 over the Xbox. I have no interest what so ever in multimedia stuff and I have played enough of Microsofts exclusives over the years and the only way I would of bought their system was if it was noticably more powerful.

I just think if MS went with more power instead of Kinect they might of even killed Sony for good. But it's like MS missed the boat and missed the opportunity and Sony has definitely taken advantage of it and it's showing iwth it's popularity.
#16Exodus_PrimePosted 11/11/2013 8:35:22 AM
Gingarito posted...

---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#17ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/11/2013 10:57:43 AM
MRL3G3ND posted...
and that's great for you El lol you are a full time defender on these boards bro you should get a medal or something, I hope they give you a free XB1...I mean that sincerely.

It's pretty sad that anyone enthusiastic about Xbox One on the Xbox One board is automatically labeled a "defender"...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#18The_DarkwalkerPosted 11/11/2013 11:05:09 AM
Which system is "more powerful" is not a deciding factor for me personally. Objectively, the X1 is the technically weaker system yet I am more excited about its launch selection. It really should be about the games and whether they are fun or not. What does it matter if a game runs at 60fps and 1080p if it is boring as hell with crap gameplay and lazy design?
---
Evil always wins because Good is dumb.
#19method115Posted 11/11/2013 11:23:03 AM
Gingarito posted...

Except I want to use a controller you can't relax with a mouse and keyboard.

And yes I know I could use a controller but then I won't be competitive with the rest of the pc gamers.