Honest questions from a Nintendo/Sony fan.

#1Lord_FroodPosted 11/11/2013 9:13:06 AM
Why are all of the Xbros excited about XOne? Does it boil down to exclusives in the end? I'm not dissing your console of choice, but I just don't see the reasoning in picking the more expensive console that isn't as strong. If it weren't for exclusives, there'd be nearly any reason to keep with XOne. Are there other great gaming features that I'm missing out on? I don't care about the social media aspects and the nifty little cable TV capabilities either and I think that PS4 is being equally lame for incorporating that share button.

Also, on a side note, how do XBox fans feel about the hilarious PR antics that have been going on?

Again, I don't have anything against the system, I'm just wondering why anyone would buy it outside of exclusives. Cause I know tons of people already that are buying it just for Ghosts.
---
Unless I state otherwise, everything I say is opinion when it comes to discussing the quality of games.
There, can you please shut up now?
#2FeatherwindPosted 11/11/2013 9:16:07 AM
It can't really be exclusives like Ryse or Forza. After all these games could be played on better hardware if MS didn't want to blackmail people into buying questionable hardware with them. Of course it isn't very exciting to see these games that could otherwise be impressive graphically be limited by such trickery.
---
pathological
#3Joey-ZazaPosted 11/11/2013 9:17:15 AM
I'm not sure you know what the word blackmail means.
---
"I guess you could say I BLUE... myself!" - Tobias Funke
-StarTropics- -Golden Sun- -Ocarina of Time-
#4rosseelesPosted 11/11/2013 9:18:58 AM
Well im getting both, but my main reasons for getting the X1 are Live, its just hands down better than the PS online (though that could change this generation who knows) and the launch games (exclusives) look a little better. Im interested to see if kinect 2 isnt a bag of crud like the previous iteration too.
#5Dev0311Posted 11/11/2013 9:20:42 AM
Brand loyalists are clinging to their master, even though the PS4 is clearly better. That's why we have so many bruised, angry Xbots on this board.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#6KID VIDPosted 11/11/2013 9:21:04 AM
Joey-Zaza posted...
I'm not sure you know what the word blackmail means.

---
Xbox LIVE Gamertag: KIDD VIDD
#7Lord_Frood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 9:24:06 AM
rosseeles posted...
Well im getting both, but my main reasons for getting the X1 are Live, its just hands down better than the PS online (though that could change this generation who knows) and the launch games (exclusives) look a little better. Im interested to see if kinect 2 isnt a bag of crud like the previous iteration too.

PSN will now be on dedicated servers, right?

Do you personally think that PS4 will pull another PS3 and start out will little but balloon into a massive exclusives library?

I just can't justifying buying an XBox for only Halo.
---
Unless I state otherwise, everything I say is opinion when it comes to discussing the quality of games.
There, can you please shut up now?
#8SolidSnake15Posted 11/11/2013 9:24:39 AM
For me it's all about the games. I personally feel the Wii U was a waste of money when I bought it because I didn't like the support for it aside from the games from exclusives. Same deal with the PS3. I loved everything Naughty Dog came out with and the God of War series but that was it really. What ultimately had me choose Xbox One over PS4 was the launch titles. I want to play Forza, Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and others from the get-go. With PS4, only Killzone? Knack looks cool but it doesn't look like it could hold my interest. I had a PS4 reserved for the longest time but that launch lineup was disappointing for me.

Don't get me wrong, I will get the PS4 and I'm stoked to see what Naughty Dog and other developers come up with (and the fact Infamous comes out soon has me excited) but to me it isn't worth it quite yet.
---
3DS Friend Code - 4382-1970-2909
#9regsantotomasPosted 11/11/2013 9:26:14 AM
As a general reply to all these type of topics:

Justification is not a pre-requisite for superfluous entertainment purchases. Your understanding of someone else's personal choices is irrelevant.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#10rosseelesPosted 11/11/2013 9:27:13 AM
Yeah i did say the online could change this generation, however i only have the 360/ps3 live to go by and im sorry but live blew the ps3 online away (again i have both consoles).