Can anyone explain why people troll each other system?

#61SunDevil77Posted 11/11/2013 2:50:38 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
bossk5 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Sony fanboys troll Xbots because Xbots have been trolling for the past 8 years.

Xbots troll because they are mostly rage-filled dudebros.

Lol this. XD

But more seriously. Trolling has been around since the SNES vs Genesis console wars which believe it or not was started by the companies. NOT the fans.

I remember fights on the playground over this stuff.

So in essence, Trolling/console wars are part of gaming culture, they aren't going anywhere, and it's fun SO on that note....

#dealwithit

How would you know what the NES/Genesis days were like? Did your father tell you?

Nah, your Mom told me.

Mrs. Bossk is a saint! You understand me? Mrs. Bossk IS A SAINT!
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539
#62TreGoodaPosted 11/11/2013 2:54:03 PM
garan posted...
I own a 360 not a PS3, so I clearly am not a Sony fanboy. However, I am strongly against the Spybox because Microsoft decided to try to take a **** on all consumers and people are still defending them for some unbelievable reason.

Therefore, I will continue to speak out against the bone until it dies.

As a PS3 owner (I own all the consoles) I say tread with caution. PSN is really bad and you might be very disappointed if you don't have prior experience playing a Sony console.

If you don't play multiplayer then it won't be as big of a deal.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#63Dr WhoopassPosted 11/11/2013 2:56:48 PM
TreGooda posted...
Foppe posted...
The same reason Nintendo kids and Sega were fighting in school, trying to justify only owning one system by talking down on the other system.
Throw in some that troll every board for lulz and the cake is complete.

I was a kid during this time period and this never happened.

BULL****!!! that's when fanboy wars were at their strongest, again because kids were at the mercy of their parents and had to disparage the other system they didn't have as a game of one-upsmanship. SNES/Genesis arguments were savagery. Same type of crap as today too. "Genesis Mortal Kombat has blood!" "Yeah but SNES has bigger sprites!" "SNES has 256 colors and Genesis only has 64!" "Yeah but SNES games have slowdown!"

It is EXACTLY the same. Same as Apple/Android, Mac/PC, Ford/Chevy, etc

/36yearoldnerdrant
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#64CyborgTwentyPosted 11/11/2013 2:57:17 PM
Here's how it works:

If your system does 30fps and the other guy's does 60fps, you talk about how little 60fps matters.
If your system does cross-game chat and the other guy's doesn't, you talk about how important it is.
If your system does 1080p and the other guy's does 720p, you talk about how crappy 720p is in (whatever year you're arguing).
If your system has Gran Turismo and the other guy's has Forza, you talk about derivative Forza is.
If your system has Halo and the other guy's has Killzone, you talk about how lame Killzone is.
Also, try to work in that CoD is only for half-breed orangutans that don't know what fun is.
See how it works?

At no point should you ever, ever worry about whether the game is fun. Try to stay focused on pixel counting because heaven knows that if you can play a game on a cheaper system and get more pixels, you'd be a fool not to make it a personal crusade to let everyone know they won't be having fun on their inferior box.

If you do it right, you'll get some knucklehead that thinks he's having more fun on his PC 'cuz mouse aiming to pipe up and tell everybody that they aren't having fun.
#65JpPourLaVieePosted 11/11/2013 3:08:55 PM(edited)
Because they can't afford both of em...
I own almost every consoles. I buy the games I want to play and thats it. You guys should do the same, it's pretty fun.
---
3Ds id 0189 8909 7787, Wii U PaperSmiles, Xbox 360 Paper Smiles, Ps Vita Zoey Likes Me
#66Dr WhoopassPosted 11/11/2013 3:05:07 PM
I forgot the most important fanboy war of all: REPUBLICAN/DEMOCRAT
---
XBL: Bitter Kevin
PSN: B1TT3R-K3V1N
#67bossk5Posted 11/11/2013 3:05:38 PM
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
bossk5 posted...
LICKWIDPAlN posted...
ScreamingMidget posted...
Sony fanboys troll Xbots because Xbots have been trolling for the past 8 years.

Xbots troll because they are mostly rage-filled dudebros.

Lol this. XD

But more seriously. Trolling has been around since the SNES vs Genesis console wars which believe it or not was started by the companies. NOT the fans.

I remember fights on the playground over this stuff.

So in essence, Trolling/console wars are part of gaming culture, they aren't going anywhere, and it's fun SO on that note....

#dealwithit

How would you know what the NES/Genesis days were like? Did your father tell you?

Nah, your Mom told me.

My mother teaches 4th graders so this is entirely possible.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs
#68pistolpete12Posted 11/11/2013 3:24:11 PM(edited)
ps4 weeaboos hate on xbox because its not made in japan.
---
dee
#69LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/11/2013 3:37:44 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#70bossk5Posted 11/11/2013 3:41:42 PM
No class.
---
I buy used games. Piss&MoanFaqs