The Original XBox forced people to use broadband for Xbox Live

#21Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/11/2013 11:14:21 PM
Alienware4Life posted...
I remember being at a party laughing how this broadband thing would fail because no one has it lol.

and that is why you consider Alienware good
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#22aheedthegreatPosted 11/11/2013 11:37:29 PM
googler posted...
your argument is tantamount to someone being forced to pay $10 extra for milk because it comes packaged with mandatory maxipads you don't want or need.
I had a Kinect and I quickly stopped giving a **** about it. I just plain dont give a damn about it and it does absolutely nothing to improve the games I like to play

The first Kinect was doomed from the start, the console had already been out for 5+ years, the adoption rate was very low due to it not being a mandatory peripheral. There was no room for any innovation at the time. I never bought it because I knew as much when the best thing I heard about it was ghost recon let you create some weapons with it.

This time with a 100% adoption rate and the console designed with it in mind and releasing with it. Developers will have time and reason to learn and create some cool features for the Kinect to interact with games. I have no doubts about this version of the Kinect being a very cool addition this gen.
---
GT: Aheed The Grim
#23Viper187666Posted 11/12/2013 5:41:02 AM
aheedthegreat posted...
This time with a 100% adoption rate and the console designed with it in mind and releasing with it. Developers will have time and reason to learn and create some cool features for the Kinect to interact with games. I have no doubts about this version of the Kinect being a very cool addition this gen.

Toss that argument around all you want to make yourself feel better about spending an extra $100, but it won't stay 100% forever and multi-plat developers don't care. They'll barely touch it because they know it's not what sells their games and it's easier to keep things equal on all platforms.
---
I refuse to buy XB1 until it's sold without Kinect. No, I'm not a Sony fanboy. See? http://viper.shadowflareindustries.com/images/myroom/DSCN0220.JPG
#24MrSpaM111Posted 11/12/2013 6:51:04 AM
Your not being serious about the Kinect being the future of gaming are you?

seriously?

Your not joking are you?

---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#25MrSpaM111Posted 11/12/2013 6:52:53 AM
aheedthegreat posted...
googler posted...
your argument is tantamount to someone being forced to pay $10 extra for milk because it comes packaged with mandatory maxipads you don't want or need.
I had a Kinect and I quickly stopped giving a **** about it. I just plain dont give a damn about it and it does absolutely nothing to improve the games I like to play

The first Kinect was doomed from the start, the console had already been out for 5+ years, the adoption rate was very low due to it not being a mandatory peripheral. There was no room for any innovation at the time. I never bought it because I knew as much when the best thing I heard about it was ghost recon let you create some weapons with it.

Yeh, because look at all the launch games using Kinect features!

Oh wait...
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#26bob15xPosted 11/12/2013 7:02:14 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
One was needed for technical reasons.

The other was needed for $$$ reasons.

wrong.
#27daniel79Posted 11/12/2013 7:05:26 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
“A fool and his money are soon parted.”

-Steve Jobs

Shouldn't that be more the case with a Jobs quote?

Mindless droves, gotta love em.
#28BadLuckIncPosted 11/12/2013 7:30:06 AM
Reflex-Arc posted...
“People don't know what they want until you show it to them.”

-Steve Jobs

Not really an Apple fan, but this quote couldn't be more correct.
---
Xbox One Day 1 edition Pre-Ordered via Amazon~ Arrival Date Nov 22nd!
Xbox GT: Bad Luck Ink ~]=|~ Wii U NNID: BadLuckInk
#29Kolo32Posted 11/14/2013 9:49:16 AM
BadLuckInc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

-Steve Jobs

The quote is 100% correct. It says SHOW IT TO THEM not force it down their throats. People don't enjoy being swindled with gimmicks already reviled.
#30RybalPosted 11/14/2013 11:22:53 AM
Kolo32 posted...
BadLuckInc posted...
Reflex-Arc posted...

-Steve Jobs

The quote is 100% correct. It says SHOW IT TO THEM not force it down their throats. People don't enjoy being swindled with gimmicks already reviled.

Which is why MS still needs to come up with a game that makes people WANT Kinect for it.
---
Brand loyalty is most evident in Apple acolytes - the Applytes - that most rabid of fan bases who will buy a brand new device with every minor upgrade