Is it true the kenetic camera still spies on you?

#1nativeboi85Posted 11/11/2013 12:59:55 PM
Me and my best bro were in a club dancing and so we sat down for some drinks and had a discussion about the upcoming systems pros and cons, I really like the PS4 and I like Xbox, Xbox is getting Killer Instinct day one and honestly when it comes to launch titles i think 360 kind of has the upper hand, the only title I am excited for with the PS4 is Killzone, but with the 360 I am kinda like KI, DR3 and Ryze i have a few options here...

but theres also some pros to the ps4, its 100$ cheaper, it doesnt come bloated like the one, where you are not forced with peripherals, and sony will more likely have a bigger online/social community.

but the biggest BIGGEST draw back for me was to hear that the kenetic still has to remain on for advertisers now I understand its not doing anything evil or watching you to upload your info for the illuminati but still the thought of that is still kind of depressing.. and will be the biggest factor between me going Ps4 or One.
#2ThatLaoGuyPosted 11/11/2013 1:02:54 PM
Kinect can follows you around and knows exactly who you are. Some NSA stuff man.

That's scary on so many levels. Not even about tinfoil hats. I need my privacy doe. Dont want bill gates trying to look at my goods.

They need to drop kinect
---
Gamertag: That Lao Guy
#3jim200Posted 11/11/2013 1:03:55 PM
Yeah I tried it with a tinfoil hat confirmed.
---
PSN: Jemi200 ::: NNID: Jemi200 ::: 3DS FC: 5129-0276-3428 Name: Jemi
I Pre-Ordered an Xbox One and PS4 Within Hours of Each Other on June 10th, 2013
#4lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 1:04:20 PM
Men? At the club? Talking about the pros and cons of next gen gaming while drinking?

I'm assuming you guys had no ladies.... at the club... drinking....

talking about.... video games...

at the club....

---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#5PsychoGatesPosted 11/11/2013 1:05:09 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
Me and my best bro were in a club dancing and so we sat down for some drinks and had a discussion about the upcoming systems pros and cons, I really like the PS4 and I like Xbox, Xbox is getting Killer Instinct day one and honestly when it comes to launch titles i think 360 kind of has the upper hand, the only title I am excited for with the PS4 is Killzone, but with the 360 I am kinda like KI, DR3 and Ryze i have a few options here...

but theres also some pros to the ps4, its 100$ cheaper, it doesnt come bloated like the one, where you are not forced with peripherals, and sony will more likely have a bigger online/social community.

but the biggest BIGGEST draw back for me was to hear that the kenetic still has to remain on for advertisers now I understand its not doing anything evil or watching you to upload your info for the illuminati but still the thought of that is still kind of depressing.. and will be the biggest factor between me going Ps4 or One.

Nope, there are settings that you can turn on and off as far as what the kinect does and if you dont want to thing connected at all you are able to unplug it without any problems at all.
#6nativeboi85(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:05:45 PM
lilj812 posted...
Men? At the club? Talking about the pros and cons of next gen gaming while drinking?

I'm assuming you guys had no ladies.... at the club... drinking....

talking about.... video games...

at the club....

what do you talk about in a club while sitting down and drinking?
#7lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 1:06:44 PM
PsychoGates posted...
nativeboi85 posted...

Nope, there are settings that you can turn on and off as far as what the kinect does and if you dont want to thing connected at all you are able to unplug it without any problems at all.

I like how this guy responds as if this is a real post by a real person being 100% honest.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#8nativeboi85(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 1:06:45 PM
PsychoGates posted...
nativeboi85 posted...

I heard the kinect always has to be on while the system is on
#9ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/11/2013 1:11:09 PM(edited)
1) Those who are super paranoid can unplug kinect. Your console will still work.
2) Those who are slightly less paranoid can say "kinect off". This will turn off the kinect camera.
3) Those who are not paranoid can leave kinect plugged in and on, knowing that no personally identifiable data recorded by kinect will leave your system without your consent.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#10PorungaPosted 11/11/2013 1:08:57 PM
The great part of rumors like this is that it requires no proof at all. After all, if there was any proof of it, it wouldn't be spying. And it doesn't matter how much it is denied, because what else would someone spying on you do?