Is it true the kenetic camera still spies on you?

#11Team_NinjaPosted 11/11/2013 1:25:54 PM
AFAIK, yes there's an option to turn the kinect on and off, and you will still be able to play games, but for suspicious reasons the kinect still needs to remain plugged in.

I decided from the first announcement of next gen consoles that I'll let the 1st day guys test the PS4 and Xbox One out for YLOD, RROD, spyware, bugs, etc...before making any decisions. My PS3 and Xbox 360 are still good, so there's no rush on my part.
#12lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 1:28:39 PM
nativeboi85 posted...
lilj812 posted...
Men? At the club? Talking about the pros and cons of next gen gaming while drinking?

I'm assuming you guys had no ladies.... at the club... drinking....

talking about.... video games...

at the club....

what do you talk about in a club while sitting down and drinking?

!!!!

You talk to... Are you kidding me??? You talk to Women while you're sitting down and drinking.

...... What on earth is happening in this thread?!?!?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#13MmaguyPosted 11/11/2013 1:31:31 PM
Team_Ninja posted...
AFAIK, yes there's an option to turn the kinect on and off, and you will still be able to play games, but for suspicious reasons the kinect still needs to remain plugged in.

I decided from the first announcement of next gen consoles that I'll let the 1st day guys test the PS4 and Xbox One out for YLOD, RROD, spyware, bugs, etc...before making any decisions. My PS3 and Xbox 360 are still good, so there's no rush on my part.

You can unplug the Kinect anytime and the console works just fine.

TC, the Kinect isn't spying on you anymore than your cellphone mic/camera is spying on you. Do you worry about people looking at you through your webcam? Your phone camera? Are you worried that every single thing you say is recorded and spied on when you talk anywhere near your phone? No? Then why are you worrying here?

For those who are worried about this, might I suggest this website:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/
#14lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 1:34:22 PM
Mmaguy posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

TC, the Kinect isn't spying on you anymore than your cellphone mic/camera is spying on you. Do you worry about people looking at you through your webcam? Your phone camera? Are you worried that every single thing you say is recorded and spied on when you talk anywhere near your phone? No? Then why are you worrying here?

Mmaguy, cellphone and laptop cams can't see your entire living room. That's much more intrusive. And if you have it disconnected entirely, then why spend 500 dollars on a weaker system in the first place?
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"I would only give the xbox one a 6/10, the Stanley Parable is a lot better." -Ch3wy
#15PsychoGatesPosted 11/11/2013 1:34:45 PM
lilj812 posted...
PsychoGates posted...
nativeboi85 posted...
Me and my best bro were in a club dancing and so we sat down for some drinks and had a discussion about the upcoming systems pros and cons, I really like the PS4 and I like Xbox, Xbox is getting Killer Instinct day one and honestly when it comes to launch titles i think 360 kind of has the upper hand, the only title I am excited for with the PS4 is Killzone, but with the 360 I am kinda like KI, DR3 and Ryze i have a few options here...

but theres also some pros to the ps4, its 100$ cheaper, it doesnt come bloated like the one, where you are not forced with peripherals, and sony will more likely have a bigger online/social community.

but the biggest BIGGEST draw back for me was to hear that the kenetic still has to remain on for advertisers now I understand its not doing anything evil or watching you to upload your info for the illuminati but still the thought of that is still kind of depressing.. and will be the biggest factor between me going Ps4 or One.

Nope, there are settings that you can turn on and off as far as what the kinect does and if you dont want to thing connected at all you are able to unplug it without any problems at all.

I like how this guy responds as if this is a real post by a real person being 100% honest.

understandable, giving legitmate answers with legitimate discussion in mind isnt exactly something you are used to
#16PsychoGatesPosted 11/11/2013 1:36:17 PM
lilj812 posted...
Mmaguy posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

Mmaguy, cellphone and laptop cams can't see your entire living room. That's much more intrusive. And if you have it disconnected entirely, then why spend 500 dollars on a weaker system in the first place?

please explain how a device with you at all times is less intrusive than a stationary camera...
#17werkz_destroyzPosted 11/11/2013 1:39:45 PM
Wait a minute you were dancing with your best bro ? roflmao...
---
Gt: werkz destroyz
#18MmaguyPosted 11/11/2013 1:39:45 PM
lilj812 posted...
Mmaguy posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

No, it's not. A stationary camera is not as intrusive as a mobile camera/mic that you take everywhere in your life. Your logic is nonsensical, as usual.

I wouldn't unplug the Kinect, I'm not a tinfoil hat trooper who is afraid of his own shadow. It's not an issue for me.
#19goatthiefPosted 11/11/2013 1:43:45 PM
Will the kinect mistake goats for people? I don't want to be charged for having 20 people playing x-box when it's just my goats in the room.
---
Please visit 261, the gamefaqs politics board so you can become more informed about the process before voting.
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/261-politics
#20Team_NinjaPosted 11/11/2013 1:44:03 PM
Mmaguy posted...
Team_Ninja posted...

I'll believe it when I see it.

If MS didn't try to shove things down our throat at the begining, they would be smooth sailing this whole time much like Sony has been. It's great that a new system can do this and that, but the best course of action is to always make these things optional.