Is it true the kenetic camera still spies on you?

#21Dev0311Posted 11/11/2013 1:49:52 PM
The NSA will definitely take a peek into people's homes with this thing. Why wouldn't they? It's a window into your room.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#22Giuseppe20Posted 11/11/2013 1:53:21 PM
If it does I feel sorry for Microsoft having to watch me defile myself
#23lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 1:55:26 PM
Dev0311 posted...
The NSA will definitely take a peek into people's homes with this thing. Why wouldn't they? It's a window into your room.

---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"That's why I used Skyrim to make fun of you." -CapwnD
#24DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/11/2013 1:55:36 PM
PsychoGates posted...
lilj812 posted...
Mmaguy posted...
Team_Ninja posted...
AFAIK, yes there's an option to turn the kinect on and off, and you will still be able to play games, but for suspicious reasons the kinect still needs to remain plugged in.

I decided from the first announcement of next gen consoles that I'll let the 1st day guys test the PS4 and Xbox One out for YLOD, RROD, spyware, bugs, etc...before making any decisions. My PS3 and Xbox 360 are still good, so there's no rush on my part.

You can unplug the Kinect anytime and the console works just fine.

TC, the Kinect isn't spying on you anymore than your cellphone mic/camera is spying on you. Do you worry about people looking at you through your webcam? Your phone camera? Are you worried that every single thing you say is recorded and spied on when you talk anywhere near your phone? No? Then why are you worrying here?

For those who are worried about this, might I suggest this website:

http://zapatopi.net/afdb/

Mmaguy, cellphone and laptop cams can't see your entire living room. That's much more intrusive. And if you have it disconnected entirely, then why spend 500 dollars on a weaker system in the first place?

please explain how a device with you at all times is less intrusive than a stationary camera...

I'd like to know this too... the Living room is in fact, generally the least private area in your house. The laptop,cell phones, PSVitas and so forth can follow you to anywhere. Government spying on me on the toilet is 10000x worse than seeing me play in my living room...
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#25NSGraphitePosted 11/11/2013 2:03:55 PM
Yes, the kinect 2 will spy on you. so will the pseye. so will your webcam. and your email. and your cell phone. and the cameras on the street set up to catch speeders.

Thats how the nsa and the cia roll. they are SPIES after all. spying is what they do.

However, i really dout if the nsa is interested in your life at all. they may peruse your information a little bit. either some contracted analyst (like snowden) or computer program will run your info through some algorithm and if no red flags pop up, they wont give you a second glance.

Me? i get spied on. i'm ex military. Current law enforcement. along with other circumstances that have agencies check up on me from time to time. i'm not worried about it. its what these agencies do (and since when are spy agencies worried about breaking the law? Like, never)

Remember 20 years ago, when there were all these crazy consiracy tin foil hat guys saying that the government was spying on us all?

Not so crazy now, are they?
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#26Ryan-06Posted 11/11/2013 2:06:35 PM
I thought MS said you can unplug the kinect now and use the console without it? can you?
---
0=Rei. Pronounced Rei-six. Born New England. Lived in Japan. Citizen of Earth. Want to move to Canada.
Xboner - http://i.minus.com/icpsSjQz6fk8t.gif
#27DesperateMonkeyPosted 11/11/2013 2:06:48 PM
The complaints make no sense. I mean, these are the same jokers who think the Remote Play feature is amazing yet with remote play, you are introducing a camera that follows you everywhere.

Kinect is actually less intrusive than PSVita remote play but Sony trolls are excited for Remote play while complaining about a camera that only stays in your living room? How is it better to be spied on everywhere as opposed to just one place where mostly just entertainment resides?
---
GT: ZiiX360 PSN: BoxFighter85
PC: i7 930@4Ghz | EX58 UD5 | GTX 460 SLI | 8GB DDR3 | 500GB Spinpoint | Vertex 2 180 SSD | Cooler Master HAF X | VG236H
#28NSGraphitePosted 11/11/2013 2:10:28 PM
DesperateMonkey posted...
The complaints make no sense. I mean, these are the same jokers who think the Remote Play feature is amazing yet with remote play, you are introducing a camera that follows you everywhere.

Kinect is actually less intrusive than PSVita remote play but Sony trolls are excited for Remote play while complaining about a camera that only stays in your living room? How is it better to be spied on everywhere as opposed to just one place where mostly just entertainment resides?

The vita will spy on you too. why do you think they made a 3g model? 3g is essentially worthless for the handheld, but its perfect for spy agencies who want to remotely activate the vitas camera and watch you play p4 golden.
---
http://m.quickmeme.com/meme/3va9jp/
I don't always Troll on the internet. But when I do, I make it the Xbox-One forums...
#29DK DeathKnightPosted 11/11/2013 2:19:44 PM(edited)
DesperateMonkey posted...

You dont know how Remote Play actually works, do you?

If you are scared about Kinect spying, and just want to turn it off, then you are essentially gimping the Xbox One's unique features. Kinect has to be on, or most of the accessibility is gone. They want you to feel like their is no choice but to leave the Kinect on. Kinect is no longer an add on accessory, Kinect is actually the main part/feature of the Xbox One.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#30FinzFan4lifePosted 11/11/2013 2:15:18 PM
No one else is going to mention the fact he referred to the one as the 360?
---
Not Changing until Miami Dolphins Win a Super Bowl signed 02-09-2012