anyone have any luck getting a store to tell you how many systems they will get?

#11HeathenutopiaPosted 11/11/2013 6:56:08 PM
Huh? My Gamestop told me exactly how many they were getting and exactly how many they were getting extra that we're for walk-ins.
---
GT: HeathenUtopia
PSN: HeathenUtopia / Morguennes
#12Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/11/2013 7:03:34 PM
Every store has their allocations determined already, the store management would know, regular employees might not. Judging by how retailers were given a set amount of total pre-orders they could accept, it's safe to assume that all pre-orders will be full filled.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#13necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:13:41 PM
Heathenutopia posted...
Huh? My Gamestop told me exactly how many they were getting and exactly how many they were getting extra that we're for walk-ins.

I called today, guy said he had no idea how many
#14necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 8:15:38 PM
SVT52986 posted...
necro00 posted...
SVT52986 posted...
Without knowing the exact amount of consoles I see no reason your Gamestop would not get enough to cover their preorders. From the time they first had the preorder SKU in the system its has been a controlled amount. They would reopen preorders as they found out they were being allocated more. If anything they are a better bet than Best Buy plus their preorders are based off the date originally entered in their system.

true but didn't some bs happen with the 360 where you would get a call the week before saying sorry not enough pre order systems are coming in

And that would be why the amounts were controlled this time. With the 360 they just kept on doing preorders without knowing their company wide allocation. To avoid thay fiasco they went with low figures then added more as MS allocated them more. I can tell you with confidence that if you preordered at Gamestop you will get your One without an issue.

well with that being said, I feel bad I took 2 pre orders up. and left someone hanging, oh well guess ill cancel the BB pre order the next morning after I get my one at midnight at GS
#15Demigod_ElessarPosted 11/12/2013 2:12:36 AM
My Walmart is getting in 21 Xbox One's... 17 of which are preordered.

So that leaves just 4 extra for the customers to fight over come launch day, and waiting in line, etc.
---
IRON MAIDEN IS MY RELIGION!
Gamertag: Demigod Elessar
#161009deltaPosted 11/12/2013 6:45:30 AM
Walmart near me is getting 30 Xbox and has gotten 62 ps4.
---
Gamertag: deltaywicker
Email me at 1009delta@gmail.com if you have any questions or comments about my post. Visit http:www.sonforums.co.nr
#17necro00(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 9:27:43 AM
1009delta posted...
Walmart near me is getting 30 Xbox and has gotten 62 ps4.

does that cover all pre orders? or are there extras in that amount
#18Kosmo240985Posted 11/12/2013 10:23:27 AM
necro00 posted...
Ganestop still has no clue they said.i just want to know if they will cover there ore orders.. I have pre orders at best buy and gamestop opposite sides of town would like to be able to confirm which store in heading to

stores will get enough to cover all preorders.

anything extra will be first come first serve if any extra at all.

but preorders are 100% guarentee.
---
GT: Kozzie85