Anyone having cold feet? Thinking of switching to a PS4?

#1PrinceOfHotPosted 11/11/2013 6:12:16 PM
Just curious to see how the diehard Xbox players are reacting to the weaker hardware suite of the Xbox One, and the great possibility of Xbox's dying exclusives.

I'm actually more of a Nintendo fan myself, however PS4 seems poised to take over this generation, likely killing the Xbox line in the process.
---
---
Video games do not cause violence. Violence may cause video games.
#2ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/11/2013 6:13:09 PM
Gotta love the ignore feature...
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#3SonyPonyTonyPosted 11/11/2013 6:14:40 PM
Just the opposite here. After psn's frequent malfunctions last gen combined with games and feature sets I easily switched to MS. Sony would have to go a long way to get me back as a loyal buyer again and they didn't even really try.
---
http://minus.com/lbfiUvu5vxhhzA
#4Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/11/2013 6:15:53 PM
I'd be more concerned with Microsoft just shutting the Xbox Division down. Its been bleeding money for years.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#5Nice_RobbyPosted 11/11/2013 6:18:06 PM
Honestly?

Yes but this was a few weeks ago.

Now? Nope, not even close. When I see the games that I actually get to play this month. And Titanfall next year in March. I'll be happy :)

Ps4 will have to wait till late next year for me.

Of course I might regret it once the reviews are out for ps4 games, lol! But same can be said with the x1 reviews too.

So like I said, as of now. No.

In reality most of us won't really know till AFTER the systems are out, lol.
---
Xbox Live Sn: Nice Robby
PSN Sn: Nice_Robby
#6PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:18:53 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
I'd be more concerned with Microsoft just shutting the Xbox Division down. Its been bleeding money for years.

Yea that's the big thing, its never made them any equity. I actually had a fairly horrible experience last gen with the Xbox 360 it had to do with system transfer and DRM and being locked out of all my games I downloaded. Playstation simply is a superior value proposition. Free games! Free games! Free games! MORE POWER!!!
---
---
#7Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/11/2013 6:21:14 PM
PrinceOfHot posted...
Xeeh_Bitz posted...

Yea that's the big thing, its never made them any equity. I actually had a fairly horrible experience last gen with the Xbox 360 it had to do with system transfer and DRM and being locked out of all my games I downloaded. Playstation simply is a superior value proposition. Free games! Free games! Free games! MORE POWER!!!

Microsoft turned the DRM situation around, and what not but Microsoft will cut a product if it's not doing well or has a huge backlash from the public. I'm interested in the Xbox One but I'm going to wait awhile to see how well it sells, if it simply doesn't sell well, Microsoft will kill the Xbox One and either shut down the division or release something else, that's what Microsoft does.
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#8PrinceOfHot(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 6:22:06 PM
Nice_Robby posted...
Honestly?

Yes but this was a few weeks ago.

Now? Nope, not even close. When I see the games that I actually get to play this month. And Titanfall next year in March. I'll be happy :)

Ps4 will have to wait till late next year for me.

Of course I might regret it once the reviews are out for ps4 games, lol! But same can be said with the x1 reviews too.

So like I said, as of now. No.

In reality most of us won't really know till AFTER the systems are out, lol.

That is true, for some reason Ryse looks really cool. I'll admit that. I think Shadow Fall will likely murder Titan Fall, commercially, critically and literally.
---
---
#9Satchmo25Posted 11/11/2013 6:24:39 PM
SonyPonyTony posted...
Just the opposite here. After psn's frequent malfunctions last gen combined with games and feature sets I easily switched to MS. Sony would have to go a long way to get me back as a loyal buyer again and they didn't even really try.

It will be interesting to see in sony addressed their online infrastructure from last gen. With online being such a big part of gaming I don't see how it's current state is going to fly with consumers now that they have to pay for it. Hopefully it improves but I'd like to hear sony actually give a number on how many servers they added but nothing yet :(
---
GameFAQS... a forum where the mods fall asleep for days at a time and when they do their job, they do it badly.
#10SithMasterDKPosted 11/11/2013 6:27:32 PM
"Anyone having cold feet?"

What? Naw... Hell naw... I believe you get your ass whooped for saying something like that. (Office Space)

Anyways on topic, I'm extremely excited for launch day! Going to have a blast playing all my games. I will get a PS4 later on, maybe next year or the year after.
---
Currently playing- Dark Souls(PC), Pokemon Showdown, GTA V, and good old fashioned foosball.