3 Xbox One Commericals Showing Kinect Functionality

#11Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/11/2013 9:47:51 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Voice controls.

Everything in those commercials can be done without the Kinect hardware and completely implemented through any decent microphone.

This is why Kinect is backfiring on Microsoft. The only thing the Kinect 2 is being used for is voice controls. No games are using it in a way that makes it different than the original kinect.

All of this could have been accomplished with the headset if Microsoft allowed it.
sorry, but that's ridiculous. the whole point, is that you don't have to wear a headset mic. the array shoots a sound beam into your mouth from over a dozen feet away, and can distinguish between 6 people at a time who also don't have to wear a mic. walk into the room with no headset, lie down on the couch with no headset, leave the room without needing to remove a headset. the xo knows who you are, and who to listen to instantly. what you're describing is a step backwards.
#12lilj812Posted 11/11/2013 9:50:42 PM
Troll_Directory posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Voice controls.

Everything in those commercials can be done without the Kinect hardware and completely implemented through any decent microphone.

This is why Kinect is backfiring on Microsoft. The only thing the Kinect 2 is being used for is voice controls. No games are using it in a way that makes it different than the original kinect.

All of this could have been accomplished with the headset if Microsoft allowed it.
sorry, but that's ridiculous. the whole point, is that you don't have to wear a headset mic. the array shoots a sound beam into your mouth from over a dozen feet away, and can distinguish between 6 people at a time who also don't have to wear a mic. walk into the room with no headset, lie down on the couch with no headset, leave the room without needing to remove a headset. the xo knows who you are, and who to listen to instantly. what you're describing is a step backwards.

Wireless headset, like Bluetooth, waaaay cheaper. Problem solved.
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"That's why I used Skyrim to make fun of you." -CapwnD
#13Viet0nePosted 11/11/2013 9:54:17 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Voice controls.

Except all the real environment use has said otherwise. The Kinect Array has difficulty recognizing speech during gaming if the sound is loud enough and the console itself may trigger voice commands if the right words are spoken.

Microsoft said the same things for the Xbox 360 Kinect and no one likes playing with someone who was using the Kinect as a microphone.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#14plus1zeroPosted 11/11/2013 11:24:03 PM
Viet0ne posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Voice controls.

Except all the real environment use has said otherwise. The Kinect Array has difficulty recognizing speech during gaming if the sound is loud enough and the console itself may trigger voice commands if the right words are spoken.

Microsoft said the same things for the Xbox 360 Kinect and no one likes playing with someone who was using the Kinect as a microphone.

When I had a kinect I couldn't relax on my bed and watch a movie. If I moved or anything the little hand would come up. Got old in a hurry.
#15hajile12Posted 11/12/2013 1:06:07 AM
Pretty cool. I wonder why ms has focused so much on voice control though. I think the ps4 achieves the same thing(voice control) via the new (ds4) controller.

Hope ms makes a truly innovative first party Kinect title to put that expensive tech to use.
---
Posted using GameFlux
#16Decimator11Posted 11/12/2013 1:14:53 AM
Viet0ne posted...
Viet0ne posted...
Voice controls.

I'll leave this here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rYF9kpZ5xqs
---
http://i.imgur.com/qwW6T.jpg
#17GotTruthPosted 11/12/2013 1:49:57 AM
WOW. so NO badass RTS with fluid and uncomplicated hand controls....

color me not surprised.

Kinect = Bad Gimmick.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#18PokebaldyPosted 11/12/2013 2:07:25 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lg_FoEy8T_A

Without a doubt the best function/game for Kinect to date.