Bad news, XBROS! XBOX ONE prolly wont ever get XBOX 360 backwards compatibility!

#11jpraelsterPosted 11/14/2013 10:40:10 AM
Well I still own my 360 so this isnt a problem for me I buy new systems to play new games not old ones
#12motoraptorPosted 11/14/2013 10:47:02 AM
I must be in the minority here - I have zero interest in BC. Even if I wasn't planning to keep my 360 (reading comprehension: I'm keeping it) I'd hardly play older games when new ones are releasing all the time.
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#13EllesarienPosted 11/14/2013 10:48:40 AM
I wasn't really expecting Backwards Compat.. this time around for either console.

You gotta move forward.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#14Exodus_PrimePosted 11/14/2013 10:49:41 AM
Oh no whatever will I do!?!? oh yeah just keep my 360 :-)
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#15scoobydoobydontPosted 11/14/2013 10:52:19 AM
MS over promises, they get trolled. MS is realistic and honest while Sony over promises, MS still gets trolled. With ancient "news" no less. You can't win, MS, just go home.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/Z6wIShE.jpg
#16Laylow12Posted 11/14/2013 10:56:57 AM
I thought the cloud was super powerful making games better! Sony has more confidence in their cloud while MS takes a backseat.
---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#17RingsOfUranusPosted 11/14/2013 11:03:34 AM
Foppe posted...
Confound these Microsoft that got no BC, they drive me to drink!
How dare they force me to keep my 360, which allows me to play any 360 game I own, instead of doing a Sony and use a online streaming service, which you can't use if you are not connected online and we all remember the flood of people that got no internet on this board to whine about that, and only allow us to play the titles they got the license to stream.
How dare they!

Primary difference- Virtually no one is switching from PS3 to XBOX One, while the reverse is very true. A lot (Myself included) of people will actually play the backwards streaming PS3 games I didn't play this gen.
---
Official Gengar of the Pokemon X board
#18InjusticeRebornPosted 11/14/2013 11:07:22 AM
For the Xbox One, it really isn't an issue. I have a 360, and I plan on keeping it when I get a One. The original Xbox doesn't hold any memories for me...

Backwards compatibility is a major selling point for me though with the PS4, because I backed out on the PS3 after the first few years. The only game to make me regret my decision was a HD remake of a PS2 game (FFX), and I was kind of hoping I could play it on the PS4.

But I completely agree with whoever it is from Xbox though. It all depends on the connection from either end. No good setting the thing up, costing all that money, and it isn't used by a certain amount because they can't 'handle it'.

I think it is wise to see how it works on Sony's console, if Sony do introduce it.
#19sn3akywafflesPosted 11/14/2013 11:08:38 AM
Because backwards compatibility worked so well for ps3 sales in the launch rape of $600
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#20scoobydoobydontPosted 11/14/2013 11:12:06 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Because backwards compatibility worked so well for ps3 sales in the launch rape of $600

It didn't cost $600 because of BC. Cell and BRD were much bigger factors.
---
"I don't hate people, I just feel better when they're not around." - Charles Bukowski
http://i.imgur.com/Z6wIShE.jpg