Bad news, XBROS! XBOX ONE prolly wont ever get XBOX 360 backwards compatibility!

#21BurgerNogPosted 11/14/2013 11:12:07 AM
Go ahead and count the times you played an original Xbox game after getting an Xbox 360.
---
--Being too stupid to know who's dumb is worse.--
#22sn3akywafflesPosted 11/14/2013 11:16:10 AM
scoobydoobydont posted...
sn3akywaffles posted...
Because backwards compatibility worked so well for ps3 sales in the launch rape of $600

It didn't cost $600 because of BC. Cell and BRD were much bigger factors.

well that and essentially having a ps2 built into it
---
I'm starting realize the slight amount of ignorance on this site
#23tai2687Posted 11/14/2013 11:20:55 AM
sn3akywaffles posted...
Because backwards compatibility worked so well for ps3 sales in the launch rape of $600

This. BC was deemed 'not a big deal, guyz' during the PS3 days. Now that XB1 drops it everyone freaks out and PS4 gains another point? Eugh. It's a freaking game system, guys, not politics.

Backwards Compatibility was a nice little bonus, but honestly I never used it on my 360. You can pick up the older generation systems for like $20, so not much point to collecting all the games just so you can use the BC feature and seem like it was a groundbreaking addition.

All this talk about nitpicky details is madden(NFL)ing. So what if one has an internal power brick? The other can't be placed vertically? Who even cares.

I'll buy a next gen console when I deem it a valid purchase, because at the moment both seem like a waste of money. Very few games and first version problems? I'll pass for now.
---
~ Sincerely Yours, Rev. Edward
E PLURIBUS DUDEINUM
#24Kovalchuk_Posted 11/14/2013 11:22:50 AM
Sorry but I'm not buying a Xone to play 360 games...
---
3754-7115-0719
#25PvtPorkSordPosted 11/14/2013 11:40:04 AM
BurgerNog posted...
Go ahead and count the times you played an original Xbox game after getting an Xbox 360.

I didn't have a original xbox so never. I do however breakout and play old PS2 games all the time. I was playing crash bandicoot and brave fencer last weekend. A universal backwards compatible system would be badass. Hell I would pay for a system just designed to play PS 1-3 games as I have 4 boxes of old games.
#26PvtPorkSordPosted 11/14/2013 11:40:53 AM
BurgerNog posted...

I didn't have a original xbox so never. I do however breakout and play old PS2 games all the time. I was playing crash bandicoot and brave fencer last weekend. A universal backwards compatible system would be badass. Hell I would pay for a system just designed to play PS 1-3 games as I have 4 boxes of old games.
#27TBONE_OGPosted 11/14/2013 12:14:45 PM
Kovalchuk_ posted...
Sorry but I'm not buying a Xone to play 360 games...

This.

I'll still be playing my 360 hand in hand with the X1. I can't let my whole 360 backlog go to waste!

These two gens will be blended for quite some time. Remember after every new gen, when you'd go back to an older gen, it just felt weird using a different/old controller? Well, I'm pretty sure that change isn't going to be so bad with switching back-n-forth from 360 to X1.
---
Always O.G.