Early impressions of the X1, mostly favorable.

#1Cowboy082288Posted 11/11/2013 10:31:37 PM
Seems MS is letting some members of the press get more hands on time with the X1. Here is some articles about it.

http://www.kotaku.com.au/2013/11/the-xbox-one-dashboard-is-definitely-a-next-gen-improvement/

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2013/11/hands-on-with-the-xbox-one-kinect-interface-and-os-impressions/2/

http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/news/what-to-expect-from-xbox-one-20131111

Mostly they are about the OS and UI. Sounds pretty good.
---
PSN/XBL/Steam/iOS - cowboyoni
#2Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/11/2013 10:39:21 PM
"The downside of voice command is that it isnít always recognised. From time to time during his 45-minute demo of the system, Penello had to repeat himself. When I tried to command the Xbox in a conversational tone, it didnít work"

Hopefully they fix the voice commands
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#3MantisPowahPosted 11/11/2013 10:41:37 PM
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
"The downside of voice command is that it isnít always recognised. From time to time during his 45-minute demo of the system, Penello had to repeat himself. When I tried to command the Xbox in a conversational tone, it didnít work"

Hopefully they fix the voice commands

I remember thinking that when I bought the kinect so many years ago ^_^.
#4Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:02:44 PM
Wow guys, way to skim through and be negative.........
---
#5SparkItUpPosted 11/11/2013 11:12:54 PM(edited)
Cowboy082288 posted...

considering how integral they have made Kinect out to be...it's a major sticking point really. There have been absolutely no live demonstrations of Kinect...If I remember correctly, I believe even the E3 demonstration & use of Kinect was prerecorded & mimicked.

That being said, the only people that said it would flop were the fanboys...I simply don't think it will be as successful of a brand as it was previously.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#6ElJorge007Posted 11/11/2013 11:18:36 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

considering how integral they have made Kinect out to be...it's a major sticking point really. There have been absolutely no live demonstrations of Kinect...If I remember correctly, I believe even the E3 demonstration & use of Kinect was prerecorded & mimicked.

That being said, the only people that said it would flop were the fanboys...I simply don't think it will be as successful of a brand as it was previously.

The current Kinect is already ridiculously accurate(although I use the controller instead, the wife uses it all the time). I don't see the next iteration being an inferior product.
---
PSN/XBL gamertag: JorgeVercetti
#7Cowboy082288(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:29:56 PM
SparkItUp posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...

My point is that a lot of the articles talked about the voice functions favorably. But those things in the articles got skipped over by those two posters. And these articles were written from live demonstrations. And yes the writers were also allowed to use it. So no it was not prerecorded.

I'm guessing it's going to have similar accuracy to Siri for apple stuff, it won't be perfect, but can still be useful. Being able to say 'x box snap internet explorer' while playing a game sounds nice. You can then say display a gamefaqs page while playing the game.
---
#8GingaritoPosted 11/12/2013 12:22:21 AM
Haha after everything positive thats said and the first guy picks that out.

Truly incredible.

But sounds great roll on November 22nd.
---
Currently playing -GTA V
Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment .Pre ordered THE ONE!
#9lilj812Posted 11/12/2013 12:30:20 AM
I always laughed when people yelled at their Xbox to do things, then give up quickly and grab the controller lol. People gave up controlling the OS through motion in minutes from what I remembered because it's so much better with a controller.

I'm glad I'll still get to laugh at people yelling at their Xbox though :)
---
"World's best heel and you don't even know it"
"That's why I used Skyrim to make fun of you." -CapwnD