Microsoft WILL sell Xbones without Kinect eventually

#1TheGam3925Posted 11/12/2013 12:06:23 AM
Think about it, if you buy your console at launch it will most likely break before the gen has ended, guaranteed. If your console is not covered by the warranty anymore and you buy a new console do you really want to have two Kinects? Many people don't even want one Kinect. Just have some patience, let the early adopters be the guinea pigs. Wait a little bit and you'll save money, get an Xbone without Kinect and have a console with more reliable hardware most likely.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#2SparkItUpPosted 11/12/2013 12:07:43 AM
you can already see the lack of support by the developers for the Kinect...as you said, it's pretty much inevitable for a Kinectless model eventually
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#3xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/12/2013 12:09:09 AM
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#4DK DeathKnightPosted 11/12/2013 12:10:22 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.

I agree.
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#5FoppePosted 11/12/2013 12:11:03 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
If your console is not covered by the warranty anymore and you buy a new console do you really want to have two Kinects?

You mean how Sony will start selling PS4's without controllers?
Because if I already own 3 dualshock4 and don't want another one, why would I buy another PS4 if my PS4 breaks?
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#6xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/12/2013 12:11:24 AM
SparkItUp posted...
you can already see the lack of support by the developers for the Kinect...as you said, it's pretty much inevitable for a Kinectless model eventually

Lack of support? Many of the Multi plats and most of the exclusives utilize kinect. What lack of support are you talking about?
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#7SparkItUpPosted 11/12/2013 12:14:21 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.
---
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#8SparkItUpPosted 11/12/2013 12:15:32 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Lack of support? Many of the Multi plats and most of the exclusives utilize kinect. What lack of support are you talking about?

It's extremely limited. If they wanted to support it more in depth, they could have done so. It simply doesn't have a place. It does nothing significant or integral to gameplay.
---
#9DK DeathKnightPosted 11/12/2013 12:17:58 AM
SparkItUp posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.

Exactly... Kinect has to be on.... always on..... watching you....
---
PSN: SkyDivider / SC2: Takeuchi (729)
Playing: Nothing, waiting for PS4.
#10TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:18:28 AM
Foppe posted...
TheGam3925 posted...
If your console is not covered by the warranty anymore and you buy a new console do you really want to have two Kinects?

You mean how Sony will start selling PS4's without controllers?
Because if I already own 3 dualshock4 and don't want another one, why would I buy another PS4 if my PS4 breaks?

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/08/12/xbox-one-wont-require-plugged-in-kinect-whitten-says/
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925