Microsoft WILL sell Xbones without Kinect eventually

#11xTeKNiQuExPosted 11/11/2013 11:18:34 PM
SparkItUp posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.

It isn't about it being connected all the time. It's about it being available to all X1 owners.
---
XBL - x TeKniQuE o, Detroit Lions
Not Changing this sig till we get a remake of Final Fantasy 7. Started 01/01/12
#12FoppePosted 11/11/2013 11:19:53 PM
I still don't want another extra Dualshock4, I should be able to buy a cheaper PS4 without one.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#13RisingWaterPosted 11/11/2013 11:20:45 PM
SparkItUp posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.

Some countries have laws that would prohibit selling X1 if Kinect was plugged in by default.
#14SparkItUpPosted 11/11/2013 11:22:18 PM
Foppe posted...
I still don't want another extra Dualshock4, I should be able to buy a cheaper PS4 without one.

but it only comes with one...standard controllers are a terrible example considering they have a proven track record of reliability. Kinect does not....not to mention they are integral to gameplay.

Calm down there Foppe, I think the XB1 will sell fine...no need for the MS Defense Force.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#15FoppePosted 11/11/2013 11:32:02 PM
SparkItUp posted...

Calm down there Foppe, I think the XB1 will sell fine...no need for the MS Defense Force.

Are you drunk?
Newly made up statistic shows that each time somebody post something negative about the One on the One board, an angel will cry and the Holy Celestia will magically convert 10 One buyers into PS4 buyers!
By grabbing the guns and fire up the MSDF, our prayers will be heard by the royal sister Luna, who will convert 3 PS4 buyers into One buyers.
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#16SparkItUpPosted 11/11/2013 11:36:10 PM
Foppe posted...
SparkItUp posted...

Are you drunk?
Newly made up statistic shows that each time somebody post something negative about the One on the One board, an angel will cry and the Holy Celestia will magically convert 10 One buyers into PS4 buyers!
By grabbing the guns and fire up the MSDF, our prayers will be heard by the royal sister Luna, who will convert 3 PS4 buyers into One buyers.

^ that's why I love you Foppe..that made me laugh...

but seriously, i just find the Kinect a huge miscalculation on MS's part...If I'm wrong and it turns out great, that's awesome because that means a better gaming experience for those that enjoy the console...I just think it's holding back something that could be great, and it's merely just something nice at this point.
---
http://youtu.be/Mke9EHMQMYI
Did you stand to close to the fire, like a liar looking for forgiveness from a stone...
#17TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 6:43:26 AM
Kinect is not required for the console to function.

Xbone with Kinect only and no controller = Terrible experience
Xbone with a controller minus Kinect = Much better experience
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#18SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 7:10:16 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
It isn't about it being connected all the time. It's about it being available to all X1 owners.

So long as the install base is big enough for the device, it will be supported. It doesn't *have* to be 100% of console owners. Of course MS wants 100% of owners to have it, but *if* they are losing the sales battle and they need to lower prices to compete, a sku without Kinect is a logical option.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#19ExempliGratiaPosted 11/12/2013 7:11:56 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Kinect is not required for the console to function.

Xbone with Kinect only and no controller = Terrible experience
Xbone with a controller minus Kinect = Much better experience

That's you're opinion though. Microsoft believes with Kinect you will get a better experience. Kinect will not be removed from the console.
---
Xbox Live Gamertag :ShottaSteveUrkel PSN: Hollaatmyfoot PSNvita: ExempliaGratia
#20tubb311Posted 11/12/2013 7:12:41 AM
so, if i bought this 'supposed' kinect'less xbone and bought 'Dead Rising 3' you would be unable to push attacking zombies off of you because it requires you to push the cotroller away from your body. lol won't happen. and that's just one example.
---
GT: DonShetland