Microsoft WILL sell Xbones without Kinect eventually

#31SavageTrooperPosted 11/12/2013 8:35:27 AM
Foppe posted...
I still don't want another extra Dualshock4, I should be able to buy a cheaper PS4 without one.

Are you really comparing a controller and a peripheral being in the package for a console? Talk about grasping...
#32SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 8:37:04 AM
SythisTaru posted...
Sheepinator posted...
For me, my issue with paying for Kinect in the box is a lack of space. My first console goes in my den/study area which doesn't have enough room for me to stand or move around for Kinect, so if I can't use it to full potential I don't want to pay for it. My second console, if any, goes in the living room where Kinect would be fine.

New Kinect can function from well from up to 6inches away.

21 inches from the TV I have a coffee table. If I stand there I can't see the screen. 12 inches from the coffee table is a sofa. If I stand there I can't move my legs or crouch. If I stand behind the sofa the Kinect couldn't see my legs. Maybe the new Kinect will work fine with me to the side of the coffee table but I want to be in front of the screen, not to the side of it. I'm just saying *for me*, the Kinect is useless in the space where I would put this console.
---
My mad face and my happy face are the same.
#33HENTAIDOJIPosted 11/12/2013 9:56:57 AM
If anything we'll see xbones bundles with 2 kinects for double the fun.
---
http://nopybot.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/08/hentai-demotivational1.jpg
#34leatheljPosted 11/12/2013 10:10:28 AM
Sheepinator posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Sheepinator posted...
For me, my issue with paying for Kinect in the box is a lack of space. My first console goes in my den/study area which doesn't have enough room for me to stand or move around for Kinect, so if I can't use it to full potential I don't want to pay for it. My second console, if any, goes in the living room where Kinect would be fine.

21 inches from the TV I have a coffee table. If I stand there I can't see the screen. 12 inches from the coffee table is a sofa. If I stand there I can't move my legs or crouch. If I stand behind the sofa the Kinect couldn't see my legs. Maybe the new Kinect will work fine with me to the side of the coffee table but I want to be in front of the screen, not to the side of it. I'm just saying *for me*, the Kinect is useless in the space where I would put this console.

your underestimating kinect it will function in small rooms it will see you
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#35slowdog76Posted 11/12/2013 10:11:11 AM
TheGam3925 posted...
Kinect is not required for the console to function.

Xbone with Kinect only and no controller = Terrible experience
Xbone with a controller minus Kinect = Much better experience

see, this is what people like you dont understand. you think kinect is supposed to be this completely seperate experience. its not. The correct thing you should have put should have been:

Xbone (yawn) with Kinect AND controller = much much better experience

but still, it's all subjective as to whether you think that the experiences Kinect will allow are appealing or not. some do. some dont. the only FACT in this matter is that Kinect iwll be used in a variety of different ways, and with the exception of dance based games (obviously) not one of those ways mean that a controller is un-necessary or not required. they want both to work in tandem
---
I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius
#36SythisTaruPosted 11/12/2013 10:12:07 AM
Sheepinator posted...
SythisTaru posted...
Sheepinator posted...

It doesn't need to see your legs. Mostly just face and MAYBE fingers. It can also see through your table if it had to (it's a heat sensor).
#37SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 10:12:48 AM
leathelj posted...
Sheepinator posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Does it have x-ray vision to see through my sofa?
---
#38SythisTaruPosted 11/12/2013 10:13:29 AM
Sheepinator posted...
leathelj posted...
Sheepinator posted...
SythisTaru posted...

Does it have x-ray vision to see through my sofa?

In a way yes. Thermal vision.
#39SheepinatorPosted 11/12/2013 10:15:41 AM
SythisTaru posted...
It doesn't need to see your legs. Mostly just face and MAYBE fingers. It can also see through your table if it had to (it's a heat sensor).

I guess that's valid for many games. My experience with Kinect 1 included Sports and others in the house used some fitness game, which of course require legs. Regardless, my room setup is far from ideal for it. If I had a choice I would buy Kinect for the living room, but not for this space.
---
#40TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 10:48:46 AM
tubb311 posted...
so, if i bought this 'supposed' kinect'less xbone and bought 'Dead Rising 3' you would be unable to push attacking zombies off of you because it requires you to push the cotroller away from your body. lol won't happen. and that's just one example.

Funny because I remember pushing zombies away in Dead Rising 1&2 using a controller, no need for a Kinect gimmick. Believing that a controller option can't patched in later is just absurd.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925