Microsoft WILL sell Xbones without Kinect eventually

#81TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 2:47:38 PM
Xbone may need to drop Kinect just to survive.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#82TheApd_ReturnsPosted 11/17/2013 2:49:30 PM
The Kinect does more for some of the games than the Wiimote ever did for most of Nintendo's flagship titles
---
XBL: MauryPov1ch ... BF4 (PC): Chollima ... Steam: callmaury
3DS: 1907-9236-7818
#83TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/17/2013 7:57:10 PM
TheApd_Returns posted...
The Kinect does more for some of the games than the Wiimote ever did for most of Nintendo's flagship titles

Zumba fitness.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#84night_drifter05Posted 11/17/2013 9:23:09 PM
popsurf posted...
If you can't spare $100 extra to buy a console that will last a good half century stop playing video games and work on a better career. Economy being bad doesn't mean hard work doesn't pay off.

Maybe you should look into a better financial adviser since you obviously make so much money. I refuse to throw away $100 on something that will never be used, it's not because I can't afford it, it just isn't justified in the price. You also have to realize not everyone is a adult with a full time job, what about teenagers still in school working part time that probably only make $7.25-$8.00 a hour and may only work 10-15 hours a week? $100 to them is a big deal and that's pretty much 1 game and a XBL membership that Microsoft is going to lose out on. People like you are exactly what's wrong with gaming these day's. You're so willing to just sit around and blindly throw money away because Microsoft says to. Microsoft could probably put a dead goldfish in the box and charge $600 and you'd still buy it.
#85TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 1:18:14 AM
night_drifter05 posted...
popsurf posted...
If you can't spare $100 extra to buy a console that will last a good half century stop playing video games and work on a better career. Economy being bad doesn't mean hard work doesn't pay off.

Maybe you should look into a better financial adviser since you obviously make so much money. I refuse to throw away $100 on something that will never be used, it's not because I can't afford it, it just isn't justified in the price. You also have to realize not everyone is a adult with a full time job, what about teenagers still in school working part time that probably only make $7.25-$8.00 a hour and may only work 10-15 hours a week? $100 to them is a big deal and that's pretty much 1 game and a XBL membership that Microsoft is going to lose out on. People like you are exactly what's wrong with gaming these day's. You're so willing to just sit around and blindly throw money away because Microsoft says to. Microsoft could probably put a dead goldfish in the box and charge $600 and you'd still buy it.

If idiots want to spend 100 dollars on things they don't want I have a bag of rocks I can sell them. Hell I'll throw in a second one for free.
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#86BigBee2005Posted 11/19/2013 1:25:42 AM
I think that if MS started producing XB1s without the Kinect, that would be seen as nothing less than a failure of epic proportions. They have based much of their pre-release hype on what the Kinect 2.0 is capable of and it is that that they are pinning much of their next gen hopes on - it is what makes it superior to the PS4 (in their view of course).

Basically, the Kinect is not going to go away - it is part of XB1.
---
XBL Headwind PSN Headwindz
#87ZheakkPosted 11/19/2013 1:41:47 AM
I still don't get the mentality behind this "Paying an extra $100 for Kinect". This is probably the only situation I have ever seen a package split up like this for pricing. It would be one thing if people were complaining about the XB1 costing $500 in general, but it is silly to break it down into components.

People buy things all the time that include features that they don't use. People buys games that include single player and online, even if they don't have an internet connection, yet they don't ask for a $20 cheaper single player only version. People buy console bundles that come with games they don't want to play, but they don't ask for a $60 cheaper console without the game included. People are buying PS4 controllers with touchpad interfaces when a good number of them think it is as gimmicky as the Kinect, but you don't see them complaining about the lack of a cheaper, non-touchpad version.
#88GotTruthPosted 11/19/2013 2:15:03 AM
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
SparkItUp posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.

It isn't about it being connected all the time. It's about it being available to all X1 owners.

Ya and until I can actually PLAY a "AAA" RTS like StartCraft2/Warcraft3/ Dawn Of War 2, DOTA2, League of Legends and seamlessly control the map, process build trees, command/upgrade units with; or a port of EVE, or a Enders Game style Space Fleet battle game with ZERO lag or error....it is not even a curiosity to me until THAT benchmark has been PROVABLY met.
---
You know they call it main-stream? Its because a stream is shallow.
GT: BuzzKillingt0n
#89TheGam3925(Topic Creator)Posted 11/19/2013 2:19:00 AM
GotTruth posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
SparkItUp posted...
xTeKNiQuEx posted...
Kinect is the signature of the X1, it's not just a simple add on. It's basically what makes the X1 a next gen console. It isn't going away.

If that was the case, you wouldn't be able to disconnect it. It simply isn't needed like they once claimed it was.

It isn't about it being connected all the time. It's about it being available to all X1 owners.

Ya and until I can actually PLAY a "AAA" RTS like StartCraft2/Warcraft3/ Dawn Of War 2, DOTA2, League of Legends and seamlessly control the map, process build trees, command/upgrade units with; or a port of EVE, or a Enders Game style Space Fleet battle game with ZERO lag or error....it is not even a curiosity to me until THAT benchmark has been PROVABLY met.

Until that day comes we're stuck with this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=qIs9HQ-vkQg
---
360 - The Game 925
PSN - TheGame925
#90dnmtPosted 11/19/2013 2:22:21 AM
TheApd_Returns posted...

You mean like in DR3 where the mere act of coughing will unpause your game? Totally radical.