Couple of questions.

#1JordycePosted 11/11/2013 11:14:09 PM
Hey guys, just a few questions regarding the XB1. Retailer here (not US) just cut the price down to the same price as the PS4 so it's become a lot more tempting of a purchase.

1. Can the XB1 controller be used on PC? (xinput)

2. Does the device's physical region matter in terms of user account region? Ideally I'd make a US account and make purchases via a credit card.

3. Can I choose my XB1's region for Kinect? I'd have an Australian model, but would like to set it to US for Kinect features that aren't available. Voice commands primarily.

4. Are download codes region locked? I'd have the FIFA14 download code with my system

Thanks guys!
#2josuna123Posted 11/11/2013 11:20:23 PM
1. While not available immediately at launch, Microsoft has said they will be allowing XB1 controller functionality for the PC down the road.

2,3,4. As for this, I saw someone setting up their XB1 and it asked them their region, so it seems if you pick US it will make a US account. I'm not sure these consoles are even region locked considering it's launching in thirteen different countries on the same day.
#3DeadLock25Posted 11/11/2013 11:22:09 PM
Jordyce posted...
Hey guys, just a few questions regarding the XB1. Retailer here (not US) just cut the price down to the same price as the PS4 so it's become a lot more tempting of a purchase.

1. Can the XB1 controller be used on PC? (xinput)

2. Does the device's physical region matter in terms of user account region? Ideally I'd make a US account and make purchases via a credit card.

3. Can I choose my XB1's region for Kinect? I'd have an Australian model, but would like to set it to US for Kinect features that aren't available. Voice commands primarily.

4. Are download codes region locked? I'd have the FIFA14 download code with my system

Thanks guys!

1. Yes it will, but not until next year.
2. No. The device is region free and you can import it, which I think in theory should allow you to do what you describe.
3. I think it goes with the account. Language and all are system based, and I would assume Kinect support is based on that.
4. Games are not region locked, I dont see why digital titles would be.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent
#4Jordyce(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2013 11:26:00 PM
DeadLock25 posted...

It's the code itself I'm worried about. The free FIFA14 download code is a Europe/Australia only promo, I wouldn't want to make a US account and then find the code could only be redeemed on a European/Australian account. As I understand some/most 360 download codes were region locked.
#5DeadLock25Posted 11/11/2013 11:32:43 PM
Jordyce posted...
DeadLock25 posted...

It's the code itself I'm worried about. The free FIFA14 download code is a Europe/Australia only promo, I wouldn't want to make a US account and then find the code could only be redeemed on a European/Australian account. As I understand some/most 360 download codes were region locked.

I see. I did not know that about 360 codes. In that case I do not know. Try asking Major Nelson on twitter or one of the other MS employees. Can you see anything on the voucher that would indicate its region locked? If you cant find out you will probably have to wait for release.
---
GT: DeadLock25
FC: 0232-8879-2244 || Pokemon Y Name: Pasha || Friend Safari: Ghost: Phantump, Golurk, Lampent