Dead Rising 3 or Ryse

#1TheM00dPosted 11/12/2013 6:45:32 AM
I've been flip flopping between both games and I'm trying to get a sense of what ayone who is getting either is thinking about them.

I've played DR2 and while entertaining, it just didn't seem to justify a $60 dollar purchase which is why I rented it. I like the fact that there is no race against the clock so you truly have the freedom to do what you want but it still seems kind of, meh.

I know a lot of the concerns people have with Ryse and I don't plan on getting it for the multiplayer. I really just want to see what it offers. The combat looks shallow but it still looks like a game that is a little different from the norm. I also want to see how much of the HRE is actually a part of this game since it's a really interesting time period for me.

I currently have Ryse pre-ordered after I cancelled DR3 but I'm starting to think about switching back again. Any opinions?
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#2GingaritoPosted 11/12/2013 6:46:56 AM
Get both treat yourself :)

Ive personally gone for Dead Rising 3 as I am huge fan of the series. But the more I see of Ryse the more it takes my intrest. Maybe wait for the reviews to make your mind up.
---
Currently playing -GTA V
Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment .Pre ordered THE ONE!
#3Banana_ManaPosted 11/12/2013 6:50:46 AM
Gingarito posted...

Ive personally gone for Dead Rising 3 as I am huge fan of the series. But the more I see of Ryse the more it takes my intrest. Maybe wait for the reviews to make your mind up.

This...

Exactly.

Ryse is starting to look good - trying not to pre-order, but as each day goes by it gets more difficult.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
#4CyberneticRatPosted 11/12/2013 6:51:24 AM
Dead Rising 3 is part of an already established franchise so you roughly know what to expect from it. Ryse is completely new so that's a bit harder to judge.

If you're really unsure, you should wait until reviews pop up for both and decide then.
---
Gamer Tag: MANNKILLER83
Proud Supporter of The Wonderbolts
#5Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/12/2013 6:53:22 AM
Probably should read this TC, if you enjoy 16-20 fps in your games, DR3 should be up your ally

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#6rosseelesPosted 11/12/2013 6:54:07 AM
DR3.

Im sorry but i still cant get excited about Ryse, yes it looks great, but the gameplay for me looks pretty dull. Id rather have DR3 with worse graphics but better (appearing) gameplay
#7FriedLemonPosted 11/12/2013 6:55:45 AM
If you've played DR2 and it wasn't to your liking then I'd stick with Ryse, at least it's something new. I played DR/DR2 to death and these DR3 videos showed nothing new. Got bored just watching it to be honest. DR3 is just DR/DR2 with a new coat of paint.

But then again you seem to have issues with Ryse too so yeah I'd wait for the reviews.
#8futureopsPosted 11/12/2013 6:56:19 AM
Banana_Mana posted...
Gingarito posted...

This...

Exactly.

Ryse is starting to look good - trying not to pre-order, but as each day goes by it gets more difficult.

Ryse is looking good because of Crytek.I was a Crytek fan.Ryse for me.
#9TheM00d(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 6:59:27 AM(edited)
I thought about getting both but i'll already be getting BF4 ACIV and KI at launch as well. I actually might end up getting both eventually but for launch I wanted to get at least one title that I wasn't going to be able to get anywhere else. I'm off to work so I'll have to check for responses later tonight when I get home.

EDIT: Nice try Xeeh bitz
---
GT- CCCC0MB0BREAKER
Good example. I'm sure terrorists go around saying "terrorist" all the time where they live, let alone have kinects. - TBONE_OG
#10kidwgmPosted 11/12/2013 7:01:30 AM
Get both! I'm hoping Amazon or Target does the b2g1f like they did for the ps4. That way I can get an extra game in.
---
Currently Playing: Tales of Xillia and Animal Crossing New Leaf FC: 4811-7436-8881
(Owner: gaming PC, 360, PS3, 3DS, Wii and Wii U.) *Coming Soon: Xbox One