before you all freak out about dead rising 3's FPS...

#11GingaritoPosted 11/12/2013 8:36:23 AM
Yep. Its been like this since the board opened. I actually stopped coming on here for a few month and was truly astonished to see the same people on here doing nothing but say negative things about every possible thing.

You all know who they are.
---
Currently playing -GTA V
Best game played this year: Last of us. Worst game:GOW Judgment .Pre ordered THE ONE!
#12LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/12/2013 8:36:34 AM
WaywardBiscuit posted...
dart246 posted...
If the reason is "it was old unoptimized data," then what's the reason for near final build that Digital Foundry you're apart and found it to run at 730p and about 20 FPS?

this

That
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#13strawberry11Posted 11/12/2013 8:37:39 AM
What is the point of this topic?

I mean, does "frame rate locked at 30" even mean anything when it has been reported, unambiguously and from a very reliable source, that the game most definitely does not manage to play at 30fps?

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-vs-dead-rising-3
---
Yes my game is Wiggle jiggle.
#14Skynet82997Posted 11/12/2013 8:37:43 AM
Thing is - when you actually watch the gameplay, it comes nowhere near looking like an unplayable slide show.

You can keep pointing out the FR drops, but when you're actually watching the game, it looks great.

If it wasn't for the counter DF has in the corner, I wouldn't notice when it dropped from 30 to 24 - and even at 18 - when he plows thru that massive horde of zombies with blood and particle effects all over the screen - it looks fine.
---
XBL Gamertag - SkyNett / PSN ID - SkyeNett / Clan - TheSynndicate
#15Viet0nePosted 11/12/2013 8:38:01 AM
Rod1984 posted...
I agree.. this board needs a hard reset, everything wiped out and start over again from scratch with mods that actually do their job and delete messages and threads that are from people literally just flaming and trolling trying to start arguments and other forms of trouble bc this is getting ridiculous

They never bothered when it was the PS3 vs 360. Why would they bother with the PS4 vs Xbox One? Trolls flooded the PS3 boards whenever a game performed marginally worse or exclusives weren't that great.

Plus it drives people to the site which is what they want anyhow.

Also, more than one outlet is revealing the game is hardly locked at 30FPS.

Instead of throwing in useless amounts of zombies, they should have scaled it back a little to keep frame rate stable. What's the point of a thousand zombies that can be seen on screen when you can't interact with all of them at the same time.
---
Currently Playing: Civ5
PSN/XBL : VietOne
#16motoraptorPosted 11/12/2013 8:38:49 AM
Makes me wonder what happens come Nov. 15. Do they go away? Or were they never actually planning on getting a PS4 in the first place?
---
http://i.imgur.com/OnsrjIu.gif
#17EllesarienPosted 11/12/2013 8:39:22 AM
Rod1984 posted...
I agree.. this board needs a hard reset, everything wiped out and start over again from scratch with mods that actually do their job and delete messages and threads that are from people literally just flaming and trolling trying to start arguments and other forms of trouble bc this is getting ridiculous

Look at the other DR3/framerate thread and you will see the usual winners in there. All the little children are in there going to town. And then tomorrow they will will play victim for being called out on it. It's embarrassing and yet they seem to like showing the world how small and childish they are. Just don't get it.
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#18khardboredPosted 11/12/2013 8:41:08 AM
Skynet82997 posted...
Thing is - when you actually watch the gameplay, it comes nowhere near looking like an unplayable slide show.

You can keep pointing out the FR drops, but when you're actually watching the game, it looks great.

If it wasn't for the counter DF has in the corner, I wouldn't notice when it dropped from 30 to 24 - and even at 18 - when he plows thru that massive horde of zombies with blood and particle effects all over the screen - it looks fine.

---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#19Exodus_PrimePosted 11/12/2013 8:43:22 AM
motoraptor posted...
Makes me wonder what happens come Nov. 15. Do they go away? Or were they never actually planning on getting a PS4 in the first place?

That's a good question, I think some of them aren't even going to get either console they just jump on Xbox One because it's the cool thing to do, you know monkey see monkey do sadly a lot of people even on here can't think for themselves or make their decisions so they jump on what;s popular. Some will go away until they get bored of their games then come right back here and go at it again well because they have no lives or love from mommy and daddy. But here's hoping after the 15 gamers can discuss in here without the joke topics and the same winners.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#20MetroidFan9999Posted 11/12/2013 8:45:50 AM
I think this is a case of "so used to 20fps from last gen, assumption is that it's 30fps".

It's a much occurring phenomenon. It's like people saying they think 720p still looks good....they were subject to sub-720p most of this generation but marketed as 720p. Of course an actual 720p resolution will look good to them.

Many titles were not 30fps locked, many titles were in the mid 20's for framerate.

So for a videogame editor to say "30fps" without the correct toolset and they don't have the eyes for telling as such visibly, they may be entirely incorrect, and it is in fact running in the low 20's.
---
Xbox One = Xbone = Crossbone = Jolly Roger.
http://www.reactiongifs.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/mind_blown.gif