MS to bow out of console market?

#21HorridhalPosted 11/12/2013 11:17:43 AM
slyman19 posted...
I thought it was common video game knowledge that companies start work on their next console right after their latest one releases. Sometimes even before.

There is no console manufacturer that operates this way. The PS4 went into development 5 years into last gen, ditto the Xbox one.

If they started right after they release the new gen then the consoles wouldn't have any of the new tech that comes out during the old systems life cycle.

Common sense dictates you would cement your footing with a new system before you start worrying about 7-10 years from now.
---
Analogy of gamefaqs: Islands of logic floating in a sea of idiocy and childishness.
Have a real point please. Don't use personal attacks or emotions.
#22CyborgTwentyPosted 11/12/2013 12:37:07 PM
40% more profit just by getting rid of the money eating Xbox division sounds really worth it.
#23Dev0311Posted 11/12/2013 12:38:00 PM
Good riddance. Get rid of this toxic box.
---
Take One look at the resolution and walk away...
#24Exodus_PrimePosted 11/12/2013 12:43:31 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
grampamurked posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
grampamurked posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
I guarantee MS has already started working on the successor to Xbox One.

I guarantee you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you do? I have a family member that works high up in IBM. Right after the original Xbox released he said they had already started working on chips for the 360.

Lol sure you do. Tell me, how long can your pigs fly? I can't seem to get mine off the ground.

Why the hell would I make that up lol. Thats just how these companies work. Please show me a source for your argument.

Easy guys let's not get hostile here this is a good topic, a change for this board, anyways it's a bit tough to believe without a link, but I did listen to that Mark Cerny Interview a game trailer site had, and Mark Cerny himself said that they were already working on the PS4 months after the PS3 launched, I'm talking about 1 or 2 months after it came out, that coming from Mark Cerny himself, now SupaflyGibson saying about the 360 already in progress at the time might be true, heck even the new Xbox might be in the works as we speak we don't really know.
---
Xbox One and PlayStation 4
Because I can buy both.
#25FatSaladPosted 11/12/2013 12:47:20 PM
SupaflyGibson posted...
grampamurked posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
grampamurked posted...
SupaflyGibson posted...
I guarantee MS has already started working on the successor to Xbox One.

I guarantee you have no idea what you're talking about.

And you do? I have a family member that works high up in IBM. Right after the original Xbox released he said they had already started working on chips for the 360.

Lol sure you do. Tell me, how long can your pigs fly? I can't seem to get mine off the ground.

Why the hell would I make that up lol. Thats just how these companies work. Please show me a source for your argument.

lol,This board just keeps pouring gold, OLE!!!
-Antonio Banderas
and no they are not working on a new system, that is just dumb. If anything MS is trying to keep their ship from tipping over and hopefully show us some great stuff now.
---
Currently playing FE:Awakening, Pokemon Y,BF 4, with a Hamster.
Still waiting For Megaman Legends 3 and (REAL) Dino Crisis 3.
#26grampamurkedPosted 11/12/2013 12:53:02 PM
The technology for the 360 did not exist when the first xbox launched. Likewise with this new one.

Just imagine how many ideas or plans would have to be scrapped If you started a tech project 10 years prior to release. Talk about pissing money down the toilet.
---
Xbox One on day one. Gonna miss my job, well not really.
#27CallmegePosted 11/12/2013 1:02:12 PM
TBONE_OG posted...
They WILL not bow out. They gained a lot of the gaming market in the past 10 years.

Gamers are fickle. They switch their loyalties at the drop of a hat. Look at Sony. Ps1 and 2 sold like 120million units each, ps3 sold about 80million and the overall market grew.
---
God save our gracious Queen, Long live our noble Queen, God save the Queen!
not changing this sig until we have a King - started: 30/8/2008
#28SheshaPosted 11/12/2013 1:18:41 PM
As a consumer I want thinking that far ahead when I paid 700 for a 3DO
Just buy and enjoy it. 5 years from now well be basking in The sun.
---
I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.
#29TeraPatrick2008Posted 11/12/2013 1:29:10 PM
This would be the best news this century.
#30CyborgTwentyPosted 11/12/2013 3:15:11 PM
Do it already.