Shouldn't you be cold calling people on a telephone to warn them about the day 1

#1TreGoodaPosted 11/12/2013 12:13:03 PM
update?

How are these people you're trying to save going to read your warning about having to connect to the internet when you post the warning on the internet?

I know you guys are really concerned about these poor saps that don't have an internet connection in 2013 and want to make sure you save them money (btw, it's totally awesome how selfless you are), I just think you need help with your approach.

Posting on the XBOX One boards is a bad place for this info because everybody here has access to the internet. We all live in a first world country.

So.... Pick up your telephone and get busy, you have a bunch of important work ahead of you.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#2DoukouPosted 11/12/2013 12:15:06 PM
Right now I'm trying to tell my cousin who doesn't have internet to not buy the X1 via smoke signals.
---
Don't read this sig.
Behold Mumashika, The Japanese horse deer demon http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/4/46/Mumashika.jpg
#3slyman19Posted 11/12/2013 12:15:13 PM
What the hell does "cold calling" mean?
#4goatthiefPosted 11/12/2013 12:15:46 PM
*steals your goats*
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#5TreGooda(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 12:16:51 PM
slyman19 posted...

It means you call people out of the phone book that you don't know. You go one by one and give them your pitch. It's terminology normally used in sales.
---
"Get a life! What? I'm a gamer, I have tons of lives."
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 12:17:02 PM
slyman19 posted...
in this case, calling people who don't already know.
#7goatthiefPosted 11/12/2013 12:18:48 PM
Its also used by conservatives to mislead voters who will vote against them into going to the wrong place and getting their votes discounted.
---
Currently playing: Skyrim
#8djrudenPosted 11/12/2013 12:20:35 PM
Don't worry TC, even tho lots of people do not have hi-speed internet at their house, they can still access it for free at their local library, or as many forum posters here they can use it at work. Sometimes even local school and universities will offer internet connected computers for patrons to use. So I don't think people need to start cold calling. Despite lack of access at home, there are lots of places ppl can go to find these forums.
#9Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 12:24:24 PM
goatthief posted...
Its also used by conservatives to mislead voters who will vote against them into going to the wrong place and getting their votes discounted.
one thing has nothing to do with the other. anyone can make a cold call. conservative, or not. it just means the person answering the phone wasn't expecting the call, and doesn't already know what the call is about.
#10mcnichojPosted 11/12/2013 12:25:20 PM
goatthief posted...
Is that similar to democrats voting in place of cartoon characters and dead people on ballots?
---
PSN/XBL/Steam: mcnichoj
Proud Vita/3DS/Wii U owner. Day one PS4/X1. | Wanting people to have full knowledge of the facts about a console makes you a fanboy.