Anyone surprised that the Metal Gear Solid V exclusive content isn't for Xbox?

#1PhaseBlackPosted 11/12/2013 5:28:22 PM
Seriously, Microsoft has been giving Hideo Kojima some major ass kissing for the last few years, even featuring him in the "Xbox Anthem" video. I mean, he has been at every MS E3 conference for the last few years with even having Metal Gear Solid V being the opening for the Xbox One's E3 event a few months ago.

How is it that with the relationship Microsoft built with Kojima and Konami that the exclusive content is for the PS4 and PS3? It really makes no sense at all, and I thought for sure the 360 and Xbox one would get it
---
PSVita & 3DS
#2True_FoeHammerPosted 11/12/2013 5:30:13 PM
I'm still pissed that MGS5 isn't X1 exclusive like Larry said.
#3zmousePosted 11/12/2013 5:30:36 PM
Maybe he's more loyal to his country and sony pals.
#4ssjgohhkuPosted 11/12/2013 5:32:19 PM
I still remember when Major Nelson told us MGS5 would be a Xbone exclusive.
#5suzukimatsuiPosted 11/12/2013 5:34:16 PM
PhaseBlack posted...
Seriously, Microsoft has been giving Hideo Kojima some major ass kissing for the last few years, even featuring him in the "Xbox Anthem" video. I mean, he has been at every MS E3 conference for the last few years with even having Metal Gear Solid V being the opening for the Xbox One's E3 event a few months ago.

How is it that with the relationship Microsoft built with Kojima and Konami that the exclusive content is for the PS4 and PS3? It really makes no sense at all, and I thought for sure the 360 and Xbox one would get it

Well Microsoft paid Kojima a boat load of money at E3 to have the trailer of MGS V to appear at their conference. If I was Kojima as well I would do the same to make the game better regardless of what his personal preference was.
#6Dr WhoopassPosted 11/12/2013 5:36:11 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#7JusticeSwordPosted 11/12/2013 5:51:56 PM
If you truly love mgs then you would probably have owned multiple sony consoles, its no surprise really.
---
PSN:TheDragonzord
>_> Sonic The Hedgehog 3 & Knuckles HD remix please
#8Gryph-tkPosted 11/12/2013 6:04:13 PM
From a business standpoint, giving exclusive content to the xbox might have been a good idea to incentivize people who may never have had any experience with a metal gear game. At the same time it's probably a good idea to give it to playstation to suppress the rage people get when their console exclusive goes multi-plat.
#9userfrigginamePosted 11/12/2013 6:09:08 PM
If you really liked the Metal Gear series, you would've already gone with Playstation. Just be glad that V is even on the Xbox 360/One.
#10chrish909Posted 11/12/2013 6:42:45 PM
If it was 360/x1 exclusive the fanboys would have tantrums, they would petition konami and boycott them as well. They would rage about ms moneyhatting companies and say ms ruined the game for them.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml