Anyone surprised that the Metal Gear Solid V exclusive content isn't for Xbox?

#21TheFranchize08Posted 11/12/2013 11:11:41 PM
James_4ort posted...
why do think MGSV would have been exclusive??? Its the sequel to a PSP game. U would be completely lost.

And why would u expect exclusive content on XBO? All of the MGS community plays on Sony platforms

This.

The core fans of the series play on Sony. Also, some key entries in the series never made it over to the xbox. It would be idiotic to keep exclusive content away from the core fans of the series.
---
Lakers|Chargers|Padres
"I am a man who believed that I died 20 years ago. And I live like a man who is dead already".
#22XD375Posted 11/12/2013 11:13:18 PM
James_4ort posted...
why do think MGSV would have been exclusive??? Its the sequel to a PSP game. U would be completely lost.

I think it'd suck if the game was exclusive to either platform, but that PSP game has been re-released on Xbox 360 both as a digital standalone and as part of the physical release of the HD Collection.
#23OZ_ArchangelPosted 11/12/2013 11:36:18 PM
JusticeSword posted...
If you truly love mgs then you would probably have owned multiple sony consoles, its no surprise really.

This. MGS belongs on Sony anyway its natural that Hideo rewards them. Either way woohoo extra content I hope its good
---
"Why do you hesitate to extend the power of Macedon - your power"-Alexander The Great
#24ssjgohhkuPosted 11/13/2013 9:16:39 AM
embrandedone posted...
ssjgohhku posted...
I still remember when Major Nelson told us MGS5 would be a Xbone exclusive.

That's odd, I thought you bots like to forget Major Nelson's mistakes.

Only the bad ones.
#25bob15xPosted 11/13/2013 9:33:33 AM
my copy of metal gear 4 is still wrapped, so not really caring about anything that guy says, hes borderline insane
#26kingrat2314Posted 11/13/2013 9:54:05 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Seriously, Microsoft has been giving Hideo Kojima some major ass kissing for the last few years, even featuring him in the "Xbox Anthem" video. I mean, he has been at every MS E3 conference for the last few years with even having Metal Gear Solid V being the opening for the Xbox One's E3 event a few months ago.

How is it that with the relationship Microsoft built with Kojima and Konami that the exclusive content is for the PS4 and PS3? It really makes no sense at all, and I thought for sure the 360 and Xbox one would get it

Kojima and Sony have a stronger relationship. Money probably exchanged hands too. Probably less than if they didn't have a strong relationship.
---
Every other user on gfaqs is a mlg pro that beats games on hard without trying, never makes mistakes, is the epitome of patience, is rich, and has an IQ of 150
#27CyborgTwentyPosted 11/15/2013 1:42:45 AM
PS4 gets all the good stuff while we get Kinect. :-(
#28Rainy_David1Posted 11/15/2013 1:57:18 AM
JusticeSword posted...
Kolanifv posted...
It's also been painfully obvious every time that Kojima has been dragged onstage at a Microsoft presentation or in a Microsoft photo op that he's not happy with it.

Kojima: I dont want to do it!

Microsoft: Remember Nagasaki?

Kojima: ....ok ok whatever you want!

Kojima is one person in the game industry that definitely doesn't need to be reminded about the existence of nuclear weapons.
#29SubSeenixPosted 11/15/2013 2:15:13 AM
PhaseBlack posted...
Seriously, Microsoft has been giving Hideo Kojima some major ass kissing for the last few years, even featuring him in the "Xbox Anthem" video. I mean, he has been at every MS E3 conference for the last few years with even having Metal Gear Solid V being the opening for the Xbox One's E3 event a few months ago.

How is it that with the relationship Microsoft built with Kojima and Konami that the exclusive content is for the PS4 and PS3? It really makes no sense at all, and I thought for sure the 360 and Xbox one would get it

Look at the interview from Hideo Baba(Tales of Series)
http://www.gamingangels.com/2013/11/interview-with-tales-of-producer-hideo-baba-at-new-york-comic-con/

They don't even plan with the Xbox anymore cause as he says the Fanbase is only on Playstation.
Of course Metal Gear is a lot bigger than tales and it can sell on Xbox but nowhere near as much as the Playstation Version.
The Fanbase is still a lot bigger on the Playstation.
Of course it makes sense to give the version more stuff that is

A) Easier to develop for
B) Will sell a lot more by default
C) Will look better cause it is the stronger and better hardware

Things that did happen in the early years of the PS360 don't matter anymore
Its about what happened in the last 2 years and is about to happen since the PS4 Reveal.
For example GTA5 on the PS3 outsold the 360 Version by a lot even though Microsoft did everything they can to push GTA4 sales back then to get the franchise over to their console.
Sony is in the business a lot longer and has a much bigger fanbase for GAMING
#30masumane2Posted 11/15/2013 2:45:34 AM
True_FoeHammer posted...
I'm still pissed that MGS5 isn't X1 exclusive like Larry said.

That's stupid. First of all, why would it be? Theyve always been playstation games.

Also why would this upset you? You want less people to play it? Whats wrong with this guy
---
Christians don't believe in gravity