Get real - Resolution and FPS are not what is important for sales

#1backguard222Posted 11/12/2013 5:35:18 PM
Seriously. The average gamer looks at a game and decides whether it looks good or not. Nothing based on specs or numbers. Just if it looks good.

You people are giving average gamers WAY too much credit if you think the average gamer even knows the difference between 1080p and 720p or 60fps and 30fps. Same thing about whether they can even consciously perceive 720p v. 1080p and 30fps v. 60fps. Average gamers cannot. Same thing about whether average gamers even care about those distinctions. And average gamers are who drive sales.
---
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (PS3); Chrono Cross; LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Hotline Miami (11/4/13)
#2Laylow12Posted 11/12/2013 5:36:28 PM
I agree.

http://i.imgur.com/ONeSnEz.gif

---
The Queen of Light took her bow, and then she turned to go.
The Prince of Peace embraced the gloom, and walked the night alone.-Battle of Evermore/Zeppelin
#3cruelbirdPosted 11/12/2013 5:37:01 PM
Agreed. If people actually cared about resolution and FPS so much they wouldn't be playing console games.
---
http://img809.imageshack.us/img809/3695/sigbase.jpg
#4uptown710Posted 11/12/2013 5:37:55 PM
I won't start the whole resolution thing here, but people who can't notice 30 vs 60 have vision problems.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#5True_FoeHammerPosted 11/12/2013 5:39:57 PM
I agree, power alone is not what drives sales. In fact, it brings a higher price compared to competitors (PS4 being the only exception I know of). But to also say that Microsoft is going to bring the games is laughable. Post-2009, worthwhile exclusive games on the 360 weren't exactly common.
#6Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 5:40:26 PM
backguard222 posted...
Seriously. The average gamer looks at a game and decides whether it looks good or not. Nothing based on specs or numbers. Just if it looks good.

You people are giving average gamers WAY too much credit if you think the average gamer even knows the difference between 1080p and 720p or 60fps and 30fps. Same thing about whether they can even consciously perceive 720p v. 1080p and 30fps v. 60fps. Average gamers cannot. Same thing about whether average gamers even care about those distinctions. And average gamers are who drive sales.
they do care about spending an extra $100, though. and realistically, the average gamers probably won't show up in giant numbers until both consoles are $299 or less. however, it sounds like non-average gamers are going to buy every ps4 and xo available for the next few months. so, we're probably not going to see a "winner" until we see who hits ~30 million consoles sold, first.
#7uptown710Posted 11/12/2013 5:42:25 PM
cruelbird posted...
Agreed. If people actually cared about resolution and FPS so much they wouldn't be playing console games.

False.

When will people realize, people use consoles because they're low maintenance and easy to use.
---
"XBone: not for soldiers or Japanese. or astronauts. didn't you know?" - Vorzal
#8Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 5:45:00 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Post-2009, worthwhile exclusive games on the 360 weren't exactly common.
yeah, sony and ms are on different schedules. ms starts strong with exclusives, probably because they quit the previous gens way too early. and sony ends strong with exclusives, probably because they prepare for next-gens so poorly.
#9backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 5:49:44 PM(edited)
Troll_Directory posted...
True_FoeHammer posted...
Post-2009, worthwhile exclusive games on the 360 weren't exactly common.
yeah, sony and ms are on different schedules. ms starts strong with exclusives, probably because they quit the previous gens way too early. and sony ends strong with exclusives, probably because they prepare for next-gens so poorly.

The first XBOX started HORRIBLY with exclusives. It took years for it to get any really good exclusives besides Halo. Eventually it got Ninja Gaiden and KOTOR but that took forever.

Trust me. I was there. The wait sucked.

The original XBOX needed to be taken behind the shack and put to rest when the 360 came out. It was done. PS2 went out with FFXII.

So I disagree with your post.

---
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (PS3); Chrono Cross; LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Hotline Miami (11/4/13)
#10Ramsus082Posted 11/12/2013 5:49:17 PM
Why do people keep making this consumer backlash against Microsoft only about the resolution of it's games?

It's about the power disparity not the resolution, that's just how it's manifesting itself right now. The XboxOne is underpowered. This could mean lower resolution and frame rates in games. This could also mean smaller levels, worse textures, less characters on-screen, poorer physics and AI, etc. Why do people only think that game performance is only represented in resolution? What happens to a PS4 game that's so big or technically advanced in level of detail that it only runs at 720p/30fps? What would happen to the X1 version?

That's the issue. It's performance concerns, not just pixel counts.
---
Band I'm listening to - "Song I'm listening to"