Get real - Resolution and FPS are not what is important for sales

#11userfrigginamePosted 11/12/2013 4:49:33 PM
Completely agree. It's sad that some ppl's decisions weigh on how little better a multiplatform game performs on one console than another. But I guess the too-similar game libraries of PS3/360 have created a certain atmosphere of not putting much stock into exclusives anymore.
#12Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 4:51:23 PM
uptown710 posted...
cruelbird posted...
Agreed. If people actually cared about resolution and FPS so much they wouldn't be playing console games.

False.

When will people realize, people use consoles because they're low maintenance and easy to use.
nah, both are true. a lot of us are here because we actually care enough, and are interested enough, to learn and discuss our hobby. and if we care enough, and are interested enough, in having games that are the best res and fps, then we go to the extra effort and spend the extra cash to make gaming-class pc's work in our living rooms if we have to. we are high maintenance, in that regard. the average gamers tc is talking about are not high maintenance enough to see the differences we see.
#13aken909Posted 11/12/2013 4:54:00 PM(edited)
Well, it seems to matter for a lot of people.

The pre-orders for the week following the CoD resolution confirmation have come in. And while prior CoD was gaining in pre-orders faster on a per week bases than PS4. In the week following, PS4 gained almost double the pre-orders as One. And for the first time PS4 total pre-orders are greater than One
#14True_FoeHammerPosted 11/12/2013 4:58:45 PM
Ramsus082 posted...
Why do people keep making this consumer backlash against Microsoft only about the resolution of it's games?

It's about the power disparity not the resolution, that's just how it's manifesting itself right now. The XboxOne is underpowered. This could mean lower resolution and frame rates in games. This could also mean smaller levels, worse textures, less characters on-screen, poorer physics and AI, etc. Why do people only think that game performance is only represented in resolution? What happens to a PS4 game that's so big or technically advanced in level of detail that it only runs at 720p/30fps? What would happen to the X1 version?

That's the issue. It's performance concerns, not just pixel counts.

People have been taught to not think. Most here don't realize that everything is a trade-off. Every single game on both consoles can be 1080/60, or even 4k/500, but that comes at the cost of graphical fidelity.
#15Leventhan26Posted 11/12/2013 5:03:46 PM
uptown710 posted...
cruelbird posted...
Agreed. If people actually cared about resolution and FPS so much they wouldn't be playing console games.

False.

When will people realize, people use consoles because they're low maintenance and easy to use.

This is very true for most of us. I own a 360, ps3 and gaming pc and my pc almost only ever plays moba's, rts's and occasional open world games like elder scrolls.
#16backguard222(Topic Creator)Posted 11/12/2013 5:04:20 PM
aken909 posted...
Well, it seems to matter for a lot of people.

The pre-orders for the week following the CoD resolution confirmation have come in. And while prior CoD was gaining in pre-orders faster on a per week bases than PS4. In the week following, PS4 gained almost double the pre-orders as One. And for the first time PS4 total pre-orders are greater than One

This is laughable. Post a source. And name ONE retailer that is still taking preorders on either system.

Seriously. Make me eat my words.
---
Currently Playing: L.A. Noire (PS3); Chrono Cross; LOZ: Twilight Princess (Wii)
Latest Platinum: Hotline Miami (11/4/13)
#17Troll_DirectoryPosted 11/12/2013 5:05:36 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Ramsus082 posted...
Why do people keep making this consumer backlash against Microsoft only about the resolution of it's games?

It's about the power disparity not the resolution, that's just how it's manifesting itself right now. The XboxOne is underpowered. This could mean lower resolution and frame rates in games. This could also mean smaller levels, worse textures, less characters on-screen, poorer physics and AI, etc. Why do people only think that game performance is only represented in resolution? What happens to a PS4 game that's so big or technically advanced in level of detail that it only runs at 720p/30fps? What would happen to the X1 version?

People have been taught to not think. Most here don't realize that everything is a trade-off. Every single game on both consoles can be 1080/60, or even 4k/500, but that comes at the cost of graphical fidelity.
exactly right. we're even seeing those tradeoffs in the cod:g reviews today. frame rate vs pixels. but, i wouldn't define a ps4 or xo by cod:g, anymore than i would have defined the 360 by cod2 at launch or the ps3 by cod:3 at launch.
#18R_JackalPosted 11/12/2013 5:05:38 PM
It matters to me, but I'm a PC gamer. The only reason I ever touch consoles is for exclusives. >_>
#19jumbocatPosted 11/12/2013 5:09:55 PM
True_FoeHammer posted...
Ramsus082 posted...

>laments how people have been taught not to think
>posts nonsensical, incorrect rubbish
---
ED
AC
#20Unfitwarlord23Posted 11/12/2013 5:26:40 PM
if resolution and fps is truly the case, then why buy a console when a PC poops on both consoles in that department?