If you're a fanboy, read this

#1Mindwipe77Posted 11/12/2013 6:37:17 PM
Open your eyes

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/11/12/ps4-vs-xbox-one-avoiding-another-decade-of-brand-loyalty-madness/?partner=yahootix
---
Lightning Returns, MY GOTY 2014
Day 1 buys- Ps4 and Xbox one, ready for next-gen!!
#2knightimexPosted 11/12/2013 7:01:42 PM(edited)
Nintendo's haldheld market rules with an iron fist.
Yet everyone is cool with that.

Steam was doing just fine long before origin was even a concept.

This wouldn't be any different.
/thread.
---
I'm a Nintendo fanboy Sony pony, who owned an Xbox 360 7th gen, prefers ps4 over wii u,Likes grfx, trolls pc master race, Put that in your pipe, & smoke it!
#3Kuebel33Posted 11/12/2013 7:10:29 PM
Stopped reading when I saw Forbes was the link... Forbes has the worst, non-knowledgable videogame writers...
---
Wii U: kuebel33 - Wii: 8877 3660 6443 4949 - XboxLive, psn, & Steam: DirtiestQBizzy
3DS: Q : 2449-4627-4540 | playing: Gears, Last of Us, Killer is Dead
#4CyborgTwentyPosted 11/13/2013 5:03:25 AM
Many people still consider the PS2 the greatest console of all time and why would a return to these glory days with one console ruling supreme be bad?
#5MrSpaM111Posted 11/13/2013 5:12:39 AM
Whoever wrote that article is pretty dumb tbh. To say if one console dominated the market it would ruin gaming as a whole, has been proven time and time again in the past to be completely false.

The PS2 managed to dominate the market for years, and still kept churning out great games. The PS1 also did a great job of keeping the masses entertained for a good number of years with no competition.

The big problems come when the market is over saturated, like it was in the 80's. The writer of that article seems pretty uneducated on the subject.
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#6ssjgohhkuPosted 11/13/2013 5:26:40 AM
The video game crash happened because every company made their own damn console and new consoles came out way too fast. Right now we have the complete opposite with less and less consoles on the market and life cycles keep getting bigger too.
#7chrish909Posted 11/13/2013 5:56:33 AM
CyborgTwenty posted...
Many people still consider the PS2 the greatest console of all time and why would a return to these glory days with one console ruling supreme be bad?

Thats becuase they had square, capcom, and konami all making exclusives. Nobody is really jelly over any scea devalopers. Ps is a dying brand.
---
This is why I'm never going to get a ps4
http://www.destructoid.com/fact-ps3-fanboys-are-the-worst-149259.phtml
#8AlexPumaPosted 11/13/2013 6:19:18 AM
Why a one-console future would be bad:

What did the dominate Atari 2600 follow up with? 5200, 7800, and Jaguar, all of which were messes.
What did the dominate NES and SNES follow up with? Nintendo 64 with antiquated carts inflating production costs.
What did the dominate PSX and PS2 follow up with? The 599 US Dollar PS3 that wasn't worth owning until the slim model came out.
What did the dominate Wii follow up with? Wii U. Goes without saying.
What did the dominate (in North America) 360 follow up with? Xbox One with always-on DRM and mandatory Kinect. Microsoft only changed their tune when the PS4 eclipsed them in preorders.

As you can see, a nightmare.
---
http://www.gaming-unleashed.com/
"Oh I can handle any load that comes my way....." - Savott
#9vashtrichamPosted 11/13/2013 6:40:53 AM
ssjgohhku posted...
The video game crash happened because every company made their own damn console and new consoles came out way too fast. Right now we have the complete opposite with less and less consoles on the market and life cycles keep getting bigger too.

Making games too easy to make was another main reason for the crash. There was way too much shovelware when anyone can make a game for a system that it flooded the market.
---
Injustice Main: Superman, Flash
Subs : Green Lantern, Shazam
#10CyborgTwentyPosted 11/13/2013 6:43:18 AM
chrish909 posted...
CyborgTwenty posted...

Thats becuase they had square, capcom, and konami all making exclusives. Nobody is really jelly over any scea devalopers. Ps is a dying brand.

It may be dying but at least it isn't already dead like Xbox brand. Future Microsoft CEO Elop will make sure to get rid of it as fast as possible.