Microsoft and Polygon

#61sworderPosted 11/13/2013 6:41:35 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Last week it was IGN that was paid off, this week it is Polygon..... yawn

Yeah, this.

I don't crazy reading things on twenty different game sites a day, so help me out here. I recently started reading Polygon, and they seem decent enough. No, I haven't been reading their site long enough to have an objective eye for their potential biases.

So what gaming site IS fair, unbiased, honest, and above reproach?

Polygon is an MS shill site. IGN is just paid off towards AAA game, at least not biased towards any console in particular. Polygon is just pro MS and anti Sony. That's practically a fact.
#62LightthrowerPosted 11/13/2013 6:47:14 PM
CaIiber345 posted...
Cowboy082288 posted...
Last week it was IGN that was paid off, this week it is Polygon..... yawn

Yeah, this.

I don't crazy reading things on twenty different game sites a day, so help me out here. I recently started reading Polygon, and they seem decent enough. No, I haven't been reading their site long enough to have an objective eye for their potential biases.

So what gaming site IS fair, unbiased, honest, and above reproach?

Giantbomb or Destructoid are pretty fair, the reviewers have different tastes though.
#63billsfanno1Posted 11/13/2013 7:04:30 PM
656stooge posted...
What happens if you play the PS4 version in 72op though? Does that fix any frame rate hiccups?

Interesting you asked, because as it turns out COD on PS4 was only running at 720p for single player on the review versions. So Polygon now is one of the few legitimate review sites and those purporting to see clear graphical differences have exposed bias/moneyhatting. Such an interesting day. Glad I'm not buying the console that launches this Friday. What a train wreck.
#64method115Posted 11/13/2013 7:06:03 PM
1nternationa7 posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2013/03/13/polygons-simcity-review-is-busted-policy-in-action/

This same glorious Polygon gave Simcity a 9.5. This was the Simcity that was riddled with bugs, deleted saves, and sometimes wouldn't even let you play the game. I'd trust a Polygon game review as much as I would trust a random number generator.

Credibility gone.
#65gumbyxcore99Posted 11/13/2013 7:13:50 PM
im not going to read this whole thing but i'm going to assume somebody said it already: how do you know sony didn't pay for good reviews? is it really that hard to believe that some people out there might not like the same thing you do?

also if you think graphics are more important that framerate trying playing a pc game at settings you don't have high enough specs to run and then talk to me
---
http://ovalteam.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoj0xJsdO7U
#66LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/13/2013 7:45:29 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
im not going to read this whole thing but i'm going to assume somebody said it already: how do you know sony didn't pay for good reviews? is it really that hard to believe that some people out there might not like the same thing you do?

also if you think graphics are more important that framerate trying playing a pc game at settings you don't have high enough specs to run and then talk to me

Because there is circumstantial evidence everywhere that MS has been influencing the media in various degrees since the release of the 360. Compare gaming journalists to the real media. The real media even though libraly biased don't take money from most of the companies they expose. If they did it would set off the most epic ****storm.

Gaming media on the other hand we know ow for a fact either receive swag from MS, get kickbacks from MS, and due to a network being funded by MS, cannot be overly harsh in their critiques in MS.

Look at the guy who got fired for slamming the Xbox version of Kayn and Lunch, follow the money of who owns Gametrailers, look at Doritos gate with Keofree or how ever you spell his name, look at Chobot from Ign being featured in M3 as an NPC, etc, etc.

It might sound like Sony fans are moaning but there is A LOT of truth to the accusations.

The gaming media is virulently currupt.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#67LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/13/2013 7:52:03 PM
Do I personally feel that are direct "bribes" going on?
No. But only in the way that lobbyists from corporations don't "bribe" congress.

Meaning there is a culture of quid pro quo. Meaning "if I scratch your back, you scratch mine." A conflict of interest at the end of the day with the gaming media.

FYI lobbying is legalized bribing.
---
PS3 / Vita / 2600K@4.7Ghz water cooled by Corsair H80, Dual GTX580s in SLi, 8 Gigs Corsair RAM, 120Hz screen. Vsync? I don't need no Vsync! PSN: Liquidpain
#68gumbyxcore99Posted 11/13/2013 8:05:28 PM
All of those things can be explained rationally.
---
http://ovalteam.tumblr.com
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zoj0xJsdO7U
#69LICKWIDPAlNPosted 11/13/2013 8:12:32 PM
gumbyxcore99 posted...
All of those things can be explained rationally.

There is no possible way to rationally explain journalists getting kick backs from the people they are reporting on. It is unethical as hell.
---