Xbox One Snap Feature is it next gen? Do we need this while gaming?

#51charlton3kPosted 11/13/2013 4:17:44 AM
I watch a lot of youtube videos while I'm gaming, usually xbox on tv and you on the the laptop in front of me, so having these together on one screen is great! Shorter distance for my eyes to keep switching.
---
Craphex
http://eu.finalfantasyxiv.com/lodestone/character/2410815/
#52stawg007Posted 11/13/2013 4:38:01 AM
I think it's an awesome feature and if it works as well as the videos we've seen il be getting a lot if use out of it
---
lPayneToTheMaxl
#53teeebzPosted 11/13/2013 4:51:49 AM
GotTruth posted...
teeebz posted...
GotTruth posted...
teeebz posted...
It's pretty cool if you wanted to look up a FAQ or something while gaming.

That's what my Ipod touch, Laptop or desktop is for...........

Ok...well now people can do it all on one screen without getting up

Ya, LESS movement, MOAR FATCAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not for nothing, but if you're already playing games and watching twitch matches on your laptop off to the died, aren't you contradicting yourself with the fat cake remark?

Just seems like you're here to hate
---
GT- MR WhiteEe
#54zxghostravenxzPosted 11/13/2013 5:29:38 AM
I have to admit, I look forward to this feature the most. My gaming tv is also my PC monitor. So if I need to look something up, I have to stop what I'm doing in-game to switch channel inputs. For me, that gets very annoying. The snap feature will save me a lot of time and trouble than switching inputs. So I agree with those that think this feature is next gen.
---
Why settle for 2 birds with one stone, when you can get a whole bunch with one hand grenade GT: zxGhostRavenxz
#55Jiggy101011Posted 11/13/2013 6:01:41 AM
Millertime660 posted...
GotTruth posted...
InjusticeReborn posted...
I've always said it, upgrade in visuals is a bonus, when going into a new generation of consoles. Next-gen to me means being able to do things that current consoles can't do, whether it giving developers the ability of different ways to play and interact with games, or things outside of games (let's face it, consoles have been going down this route since, the original PlayStation?).

Despite my lack of interest in the franchise, and it's apparent frame rate issues, you have to admire the ability of Dead Rising 3 to have an 'open world' with no loading times and that amount of stuff going on, on screen.

Forget the upgrade in visuals, was all of that possible this generation?

And that is just an example of a game.

When we were playing the Super Nintendo, or Sega MegaDrive (Genesis), and the PlayStation came along, sure, we liked the visuals, but one of it's other selling points was that it could play music CD's. We had stereo systems before this, but did we say "bah, I already do this". No. PlayStation 2 comes out, and it can play DVD's. Did anyone say "I already have a DVD player hooked up, this is useless!"? No. It's the convenience of doing it all with one machine.

The Snap feature just wasn't possible on any other previous console. That makes it 'next-gen' by my books.

Consoles have been trying to fill the gaps for a while, and to my knowledge, it didn't start with Xbox. Xbox One is just trying to fill that gap more, with including the TV feature, being able to multi-task with the Snap, etc.

I'm with the majority of you. I'm picking up either/both of these consoles purely for their games. Every other thing they do is a bonus. And as a family man, having only one laptop as the only source to the internet and other such things, and only having one TV, the Xbox One's features of being able to swiftly switch between game and IE, and being able to switch to TV swiftly, rings bells.

Not to say that is what I will go with, because I've managed all this time without it, but, it's the convenience, that's what I think the One is trying to do?

So yes, I'd say it is next gen. And I'd say it is a feature that is needed (not by all, there are single people out there, or people with every gadget under the sun).

"The Snap feature just wasn't possible on any other previous console."
Its called a, HDMI input switch; they cost about 30-50 bucks. I use one and have been "snap"ing from TV to GAME to MUSIC to MOVIES for about 3+ years now. What else you got?

Apparently you dont even know what the snap feature is if this is your argument.... hope the PS4 comes with a complementary box of tissues!

GotTruth, I have one of those HDMI inputs you are talking about, it isnt the same thing at all. Think of the snap feature like PIP on steroids.
---
Gamertag: F1RE v2 PSN ID: F1REx
If you want to troll, provide a source to backup your claims.
#56cpcjlc3Posted 11/13/2013 7:47:21 AM
GotTruth posted...
I am most assuredly NOT, as the children say these days "mad bro".

All I merely do is point out that a lot of the "features" do not impress. At least not at price tag of 500$.

I see a lot of other people swearing and name calling. I never singled out any one individual as "dumb". I just made observation of the mental/physical faculties of those incapable of operating two SIMPLE devices at the same time, as most of us have been doing for some time. If offense was taken, maybe a look in the mirror of mediocrity is something you should look into.

I will admit I am "hostile" to MS. After having such a great time with 360 for last 9 years, and my original Xbox before I feel they lost the focus of GAMING and moved it to Media , Advertising and Marketing and some weird Oligarchical Second Hand Marketplace where only they and those they choose have any say in USED games. That I feel that this does not bode well for the Xbox brand(or the PS for that matter).

Now the truth comes out. Now we really "got truth". You are pissed at Microsoft because they don't cater to your whims anymore. They have moved beyond your simple taste to a more advanced system and you don't like it so instead of simply moving on you decide to blast them every chance you get. Now I understand your motive.
#57leatheljPosted 11/13/2013 8:45:42 AM
my pc can already play games why do console exist? you people are so negative and butthurt about everything its just a natural evolution of a console natural integration you hate no matter what. what if ps4 could only play games and i MEAN only play games like a n64 do you still think it will sell well? both company are expanding there market to other people then hard core gamers console need to evolve and to stay modern to warent there purchase if you don't like it don't damn use it its a good feature you don't need it while gaming its optional its a FEATURE.
---
Every one has there own opinions unless theirs is stupid.
#58regsantotomasPosted 11/13/2013 8:48:48 AM
I think that with features like this, it's not a matter of necessity.

What matters is if the feature makes the experience better for people. The best features are the ones you didn't know you needed but can't live without once you have it.
---
the bitter truth is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. ~ Anton Ego
#59SunDevil77Posted 11/13/2013 12:00:58 PM
tokenblackguy23 posted...
SunDevil77 posted...
It's a cool feature...what's wrong with that?

Hello SunDevil77 how have you been? What next gen system(s) are you puchasing and what games will you also be purchasing?

What's up, friend.
I'm going half-in on a PS4 with my girlfriend on Friday, and getting a One on the 22nd.
Gonna have:
Dead Rising 3
Killzone
Zoo Tycoon
AC4
Forza
Killer Instinct
And probably a couple others
---
Hell, it's about time.
3DS FC: 0748 2141 3539