FAQ: Xbox One's 'TV' function

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. FAQ: Xbox One's 'TV' function

User Info: IzK_I_EL1T3_x

IzK_I_EL1T3_x
3 years ago#1
So, The release dates of each console are closing in. Fast. And I have decided to go for the Xbox One ( having been a previous 360 afficianado for the past 8 years). What I would like to know though is some information about Xbox One's TV functionality. Specifically, will it work with my TV? I am a UK user and I use a 24" HD TV with INTERGRATED FREEVIEW (meaning the TV is basically the cable box). Here's the kicker though, this TV only has 1 HDMI port. This is what is bugging me... In order for this feature to work am I required to have 2 HDMI ports (one from TV to xbox and 1 from Xbox to TV)? Or should it work regardless (with the 1 HDMI cable) and the built in freeview? Advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you :)

User Info: ado982L

ado982L
3 years ago#2
This does not apply to me, but I was wondering about this.
IMO, it wont work. I'm not even sure if it would work with a TV with two HDMI ports. I doubt my HD freeview blu ray player ('cable box') would integrate except to watch TV almost as normal, for example, will I be able to snap to my cable box, and game at the same time? I suppose you could always by a cheap freeview box with HDMi, and connect to xbox, but I would wait to see how they integrate with other UK users

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
3 years ago#3
TV features are not supported in the UK at launch
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

IzK_I_EL1T3_x
3 years ago#4
Yes I was aware that this feature won't be available in the UK until 2014 but it cant hurt to be prepared? :)

User Info: catzrul2002

catzrul2002
3 years ago#5
I highly doubt that a TV with integrated Freeview with be compatible with the Xbox One.

My reasoning is simple, TVs don't have a HDMI out, plus TVs with build in Freeview (like mine) have no way of outputting the signal at all.

You need a cable box with a specific way of outputting (HDMI) and it has to be compatible, either designed with Xbox One in mind or can be upgrade via firmware. I believe Sky is the only one doing this right now, I may be wrong there.
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!

User Info: MrSpaM111

MrSpaM111
3 years ago#6
Chances are the only boxes that'l become compatible in the UK will be Sky boxes. No way they'll support the thousand and one different freeview boxes that are available.

Only a hunch, but if you haven't got Sky, chances are you are out of luck
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628

IzK_I_EL1T3_x
3 years ago#7
Well this could cause a lot of problems for some consumers (including me). Does anybody know what else the Xbox One pass through can work with/be compatible with (just to name a few)? Thanks again. :)
  1. Boards
  2. Xbox One
  3. FAQ: Xbox One's 'TV' function

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived