FAQ: Xbox One's 'TV' function

#1IzK_I_EL1T3_xPosted 11/13/2013 3:46:56 AM
So, The release dates of each console are closing in. Fast. And I have decided to go for the Xbox One ( having been a previous 360 afficianado for the past 8 years). What I would like to know though is some information about Xbox One's TV functionality. Specifically, will it work with my TV? I am a UK user and I use a 24" HD TV with INTERGRATED FREEVIEW (meaning the TV is basically the cable box). Here's the kicker though, this TV only has 1 HDMI port. This is what is bugging me... In order for this feature to work am I required to have 2 HDMI ports (one from TV to xbox and 1 from Xbox to TV)? Or should it work regardless (with the 1 HDMI cable) and the built in freeview? Advice would be very much appreciated. Thank you :)
#2ado982LPosted 11/13/2013 4:51:21 AM
This does not apply to me, but I was wondering about this.
IMO, it wont work. I'm not even sure if it would work with a TV with two HDMI ports. I doubt my HD freeview blu ray player ('cable box') would integrate except to watch TV almost as normal, for example, will I be able to snap to my cable box, and game at the same time? I suppose you could always by a cheap freeview box with HDMi, and connect to xbox, but I would wait to see how they integrate with other UK users
#3MrSpaM111Posted 11/13/2013 4:55:50 AM
TV features are not supported in the UK at launch
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#4IzK_I_EL1T3_x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 6:19:24 AM
Yes I was aware that this feature won't be available in the UK until 2014 but it cant hurt to be prepared? :)
#5catzrul2002Posted 11/13/2013 6:40:19 AM
I highly doubt that a TV with integrated Freeview with be compatible with the Xbox One.

My reasoning is simple, TVs don't have a HDMI out, plus TVs with build in Freeview (like mine) have no way of outputting the signal at all.

You need a cable box with a specific way of outputting (HDMI) and it has to be compatible, either designed with Xbox One in mind or can be upgrade via firmware. I believe Sky is the only one doing this right now, I may be wrong there.
---
Fingers crossed for Sony to enable PSN name change!!
#6MrSpaM111Posted 11/13/2013 7:07:20 AM
Chances are the only boxes that'l become compatible in the UK will be Sky boxes. No way they'll support the thousand and one different freeview boxes that are available.

Only a hunch, but if you haven't got Sky, chances are you are out of luck
---
"Exactly correct TC..."
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/691088-xbox-one/66274628
#7IzK_I_EL1T3_x(Topic Creator)Posted 11/14/2013 3:48:51 AM
Well this could cause a lot of problems for some consumers (including me). Does anybody know what else the Xbox One pass through can work with/be compatible with (just to name a few)? Thanks again. :)