Remember folks, it is about the games, not how powerful the console is

#1icewolf74Posted 11/13/2013 8:01:04 AM(edited)
Looks like the PS4 is a bust at launch despite being the more "powerful" console ever. The games are getting horrid reviews, which was to be expected. However, I expected (and kind of was hoping) that Killzone would be the showcase game for the console that would make me envious of PS4 owners. It doesn't look like it is; it's just an average First Person Shooter.

It looks like I made the right decision in cancelling my PS4 preorder for an Xbox One, since those games are far more appealing, once I was able to get over my hate towards Microsoft and the Xbox One after their console reveal and weak E3 showing. However, the pull of Forza 5, Ryse, Crimson Dragon and Killer Instinct made me eat my words, admit my wrong and put money down on an Xbox One instead of a PS4. Also, the fact Microsoft retracted on their whole DRM stance helped a lot too.

Games are what matter, not how powerful the console is.
#2khardboredPosted 11/13/2013 8:05:47 AM
I am still envious of Killzone. Reviewers are not me. I know I will enjoy KZ once I get a PS4.
---
if (instr(buf,sys_errlist[errno])) /* you don't see this */
#3Xeeh_BitzPosted 11/13/2013 8:07:24 AM
IF the Xbone was more powerful DR3 wouldn't have dips to 10 fps

;)
---
3770K @ 4.5ghz| GTX Titan @ 1300/6500 | Asus Maximus V Formula | Asus PB278Q 2560x1440 | Windows 8.1 | PS4 | Atari 2600
#4richboy900Posted 11/13/2013 8:07:27 AM
Kinda agree, although my personal favorite console I owned is the original Xbox. It was the most powerful and is the only console that hasn't died or had problems.
#5sworderPosted 11/13/2013 8:09:00 AM
You are judging what, 2 launch games? Will you cancel your preorder if Dead Rising and Ryse suck? Or is this just reassurance and you will get them anyway?

All launch titles are crap unless you are Nintendo and have Super Mario 64 ready for launch.
#6icewolf74(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2013 8:47:23 AM
sworder posted...
You are judging what, 2 launch games? Will you cancel your preorder if Dead Rising and Ryse suck? Or is this just reassurance and you will get them anyway?

All launch titles are crap unless you are Nintendo and have Super Mario 64 ready for launch.

I don't agree. The PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Gamecube all had pretty awesome launch titles. Then again, I am not a scorned PS4 buyer, so I don't need to rationalize my purchase.
#7ElPolloDiablo87Posted 11/13/2013 8:51:11 AM
Launch software being kinda crappy is nothing new. PS4's best launch exclusive looks to be Resogun, and 360's best launch exclusive was probably Geometry Wars so...

But the PS4 fans on this board brought this upon themselves. If you guys hadn't been on this board gloating about how much better the PS4 will be for the last 6 months I don't think we'd see all the threads ridiculing Killzone and Knack here.
---
Madre de Dios, es El Pollo Diablo!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E28WrhpTzQA
#8MattVSinPosted 11/13/2013 8:51:13 AM
icewolf74 posted...
The games are getting horrid reviews.

http://ca.ign.com/articles/2013/11/13/killzone-shadow-fall-review

Yep, terrible.
---
War never changes: Fallout - Results of war (eg. death)
War has changed: MGS - Reasons/methods of war (eg. war as a business) PSN: MattVSin
#9EllesarienPosted 11/13/2013 9:18:35 AM
"Gamers" are dead.

All we have now are "Consolers".
---
I will try and see it from your point of view, but I doubt we'll be able to fit both our heads up there.
#10sworderPosted 11/13/2013 9:51:48 AM
icewolf74 posted...
I don't agree. The PS2, Xbox, Xbox 360 and Gamecube all had pretty awesome launch titles. Then again, I am not a scorned PS4 buyer, so I don't need to rationalize my purchase.

Joke post. All their launch titles sucked.

My purchases for PS4 would be the following: BF4, NFS, and NBA 2K14. These have been set for months now, with the exception of AC4 that I decided to just get for current gen instead. So please tell me more how I am scorned because games I was never buying somehow got terrible reviews?

Seriously, I am being reasonable. The only GOOD game on Xbone at launch will be Forza. I have respect for that series, my brother loves it and I have enjoyed it despite that I generally hate simulation racers. However, anyone making fun of PS4 games who will then go purchase DR3 and Ryse is being a fanboy and/or hypocrite.